New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » COR Gear
COR Gear
 Phoenix.Smileybone
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-11-28 21:00:58  
Ok well I plan on coming back to the game after a several month break. I had to take a break around when people were just figuring out how to use abyssea lights so I'm pretty much out of the loop post 75. COR is my favorite job so I want to make sure I'm shooting (oh the irony) for the right stuff. Any suggestions are welcome.

COR WS (Slug)

COR Ranged TP

COR QD

Edit: If I get full +2 AF3 is the set bonus worth it?

COR Melee

COR /mage

Anarchy+1: is STP+13
Mirke Wardecors: QD -5 M. Atk+4
Anwig Salade: WS Acc+15 STR+4 R. Acc+15 R. Atk+5

I have a gun that's halfway through the Wildfire/Bedlam trials and I was wondering if Wildfire is worth it and if I should shoot for Armageddon or just go with Bedlam +1.
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-11-28 21:50:54  
I guess I'm doing it right? <_<
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-11-28 22:00:30  
still working on my cor, but to me it looks good

as for wildfire, its a nice WS
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-11-28 22:01:56  
I haven't played COR in like, 9000 years, so I don't know *everything* there is to get for it... but I'll try to toss out a few suggestions.

If you get Atma of the Razed Ruin sometime, you might want to consider picking up an Evisceration set... might possibly be a better WS than any of the shooting ones.

Artemis' medal is a really neat QD piece. I think it's 10 MAB, 10MACC or like 2/8, etc depending on moon phase. Not sure if I'm explaining it that well. Also the augmented MAB+3 rings from Tahrongi gold chests are neat for QD if you can manage to get your hands on those.

For Melee, I'd get a decent mainhand dagger (and go /nin or something to offhand mkris or joy) if you pickup Razed Ruin, otherwise your weapons are fine.

tiercel necklace is a better TP piece. You should try to get a bullwhip belt, not hard to proc Blue!! on it to increase the droprate. I doubt it's that heavily camped anymore either. Could get ocelot trousers, same thing on the blue!! comment, and pick up some Dusk+1 feet if you ever get the gil for it otherwise the rest is fine.

Mage COR is lul and you can pretty much do that naked so whatever works. Wouldn't wear Crimson gear though, since you should be swapping out of it to cure (lol intimidates) and it'd just kill the point of even having the max mp in the first place. Obvious Wlegs should stay.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-11-28 22:02:55  
Abyssea - Tahrongi Augmented MAB+3 Rings for QD as well as Novio

replace Ether Ring with Bifrost, Refresh Hairpin from Konschtat for MP set.

Melee set use Acuben's Helm if you're going to use Sharpeye and Taranis. That's about all I can think of, besides a pre-attack set for RA, using Snapshot/Rapidshot gear.

Oh, Aquiline Belt for QD set too. Obis are cool, but say you're fighting a mob resistant to water on watersday; you would use a different element of QD, which is where that belt comes in. Or, if you don't have the obis or have the space to carry around all of them, that belt works fine (albeit it's a 7% reduction from Obis)
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-28 22:11:31  
Can get Demon's Rings augmented with MAB+1-3 from Abyssea - Tahrongi. Get a Bullwhip Belt, and bear in mind COR can use Tiercel Necklace if your melee accuracy is sufficiently high. Depending on your atmas, Teutates Subligar may not contribute to fSTR2 (ie they'll just give ratk+4).

Armageddon's among the easiest Empyreans to obtain right now, AF3+2 isn't hard to get either if you have 3-5 other people that can help you out. Bifrost Ring for /mage.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-11-28 22:15:33  
Alright thanks for the advice everyone :D
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2010-11-29 03:24:17  
Phoenix.Smileybone said:

According to info on wiki,
set bouns: Augments "Quick Draw" :Quick Draw will occasionally deal triple damage.

So depending on proc rate, it's very likely that AF3+2 going to be the best QD gear.
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-11-29 03:52:51  
Dont sub /nin. Ever.
[+]
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-11-30 11:19:13  
Ragnarok.Afania said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:

According to info on wiki,
set bouns: Augments "Quick Draw" :Quick Draw will occasionally deal triple damage.

So depending on proc rate, it's very likely that AF3+2 going to be the best QD gear.

The proc rate for the AF3+2 set bonuses so far has been less than 1%. Barring the AF3+2 hands being best in slot (which wouldn't be hard considering the other options), it's unlikely that triple dmg 1% of the time will ever beat out the cumulative damage of the other options in the head/body/leg slots.
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-11-30 11:24:34  
ditch the Steel Bullets if possible on TP/WS
If you can afford it... full time the Oberon's

Also, I still think Nimue's Tights will treat ya better in the leg slot for QD... but that's if you can get your hands on them.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dreakon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-12-15 08:19:40  
I would appreciate a bit of feedback. I'm working out a ranged TP set that I could realistically obtain. I'm thinking that because of my Atmas I am more than likely capping my STR on most exp mobs and that it would probably be better to focus more on Ranged Attack. At least in Abyssea, and outside I would change a few pieces to bring my STR up. If I'm completley wrong, please let me know.

This is what I've come up with.

I have about half the geodes I need to +2 my Mayhem, the end result will have 10 AGI and 20 Ranged Acc if I remember correctly.
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-12-15 09:12:54  
Ditch the Gunner's Mantle, A. Mantle gives you +2 strength at the cost of 5 attack, or Libeccio Mantle. Even Navarch's Mantle with its "snapshot" boost is a worthwhile piece.

Commodore Belt or Buccaneer's Belt is a better waist spot.

Oberon's Bullets are obviously prefered to those steel ones. I know they cost a bit BUT you can save cash by WSing with them only. I know SE is suggesting that we TP the way of the GUN but a good melee setup with Joyeuse or a M.Kris is still a great way to go.

EDIT: My TP set

[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2010-12-15 20:54:00  
Bismarck.Dreakon said:
I would appreciate a bit of feedback. I'm working out a ranged TP set that I could realistically obtain. I'm thinking that because of my Atmas I am more than likely capping my STR on most exp mobs and that it would probably be better to focus more on Ranged Attack. At least in Abyssea, and outside I would change a few pieces to bring my STR up. If I'm completley wrong, please let me know.

This is what I've come up with.

If this is your ranged TP set, I'd say:
Try to get a 5 hit if you can, but 4 hit is a bit harder without STP magian gun if you're using AGI gun.

AF3+1 feet is for QD, for ranged TP it's not that good. Try to replace it with Praeda Sabatons(if you need racc), AF1+1 feet(if you don't really need racc) Or Gules leggings(+1) (if you really don't need racc and that STP on piece gives you 5 hit)

Don't TP in STR+2 earring, it's only equal to 1 rattk and not worth it IMO. New Clearview earring is way better, and if you can't get it but really wants rattk on ears and don't want to use that AGI+8 rattk+2 earring set..either use Fenrir's earring/lady bug earring+1 combo or even fox earring gives +2 rattk.

Neck is ok, but if you think getting AF3+1 body is realistic for you, then getting Faith torque should be easier, since MNK+RDM can duo Jailer of faith.

Replace Gunner's mantle with a Terebellum Mantle if you want rattk, it's easier to obtain than AF3+1.

I want to suggest Loki's Kaftan too for 5 hit setup but I can't get that myself so I don't know if it's realistic to suggest it XD

Or maybe AF3+1 body + Mekki Shakki(rose strap) combo, depending on how hard it is for you to get.

Try to get an impulse belt if you can btw, and COR AF3 back piece.

Bismarck.Dreakon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-12-16 06:56:06  
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Anyone have any idea how to get that Clearview Earring yet? That looks really bad ***.

Edit: I have full marksmanship merits, and usually eat Pot-a-feau (sp?) so yeah, not too concerned with the ACC.