Can Someone Explain To Me Why Corsair's Don't Get

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Can someone explain to me why Corsair's don't get
Can someone explain to me why Corsair's don't get
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: zwjl
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2010-10-28 19:18:18  
A dagger trial.

Along with Dancer, Corsair is the 2nd highest skill rated job for dagger and it happens to be our highest particular skill. So wouldn't it make sense that we would have some sort of dagger trial?(Or else raise our freakin marksmanship skill if all you want us to do is shot things.)

I just don't understand why we are limited to only guns when several other jobs have 2+ possible trial routes they can choose from.

~Edited because of title cut off
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-28 19:21:15  
Elemental ToM staves prz :x

But yea, SE is wierd. I do think that COR should get some sort of 2nd Trial weapon
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 19:38:20  
Title actually doesn't pretty much say it as it is cut off
[+]
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2010-10-28 19:40:48  
Personally I want one (or two) of those occ atk 2-3 times daggers. Right now I'm duel wielding Joy toy and Mkris for a WS spam build. However, the damage from Mkris, is just WAY to weak. I mean, either way I know most of my damage will be skewed toward WS, but it'd be nice to actually hit for more then 15 on a normal attack with my dagger.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-28 19:47:55  
Would suck *** to be able to use my Parazonium on COR. That is all.
[+]
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Nathanielglory 2010-10-28 20:03:59  
If ur missing ***in Abyssea with capped Marksmanship you either need better atmas or a less gimp cor.

With Navarch set having rapid shot and snapshot on them im more inclined to think shoot for tp > melee now but not done the math, if someone wants to prove me wrong tho i'd be happy to see some number crunching/parsing.
By RingmastersWord 2010-10-28 20:34:47  
I guess while we're complaining, why doesn't Ranger get dagger and axe..
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-28 20:56:52  
Why doesn't Warrior get a trial for every weapon when we can use them all?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-28 20:58:04  
Odin.Sheelay said:
what warrior would honesly do a trial for clubs or staff....
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-28 20:59:39  
I honestly think jobs should get more than one trial, or SE at the very least needs to make a competitive/lesser item that drops off of mobs that the jobs can use. :/
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-28 21:04:31  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
I honestly think jobs should get more than one trial, or SE at the very least needs to make a competitive/lesser item that drops off of mobs that the jobs can use. :/

Agreed

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

I was just pointing out how this same principle could basically be applied to all jobs XP

Edit :Maybe at 99 SE will come up with NM drops or increase the ammount of weapons each job can get trials done on, I wouldn't bet on it though.
It looks more like they're letting each job master 1-2 weapons and increase their contribute to party situations through other than just melee DMG. Cor doesn't just spam slug shots after all, that's what you'd expect a RNG to do at most.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-28 21:07:18  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Would suck *** to be able to use my Parazonium on COR. That is all.
Like you wouldn't anyways!!!

Also would kill to use trial dagger, club or staff or any melee weapon on rng
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-28 21:09:29  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Agreed
Odin.Sheelay said:
I was just pointing out how this same principle could basically be applied to all jobs XP
they should make trials for brd instruments
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-28 21:11:58  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Agreed
Odin.Sheelay said:
they should make trials for brd instruments

For GHorn at least! 1500 Foe Requiem finishing blows, go!
[+]
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-10-29 09:02:00  
Titan.Nathanielglory said:
If ur missing ***in Abyssea with capped Marksmanship you either need better atmas or a less gimp cor.

With Navarch set having rapid shot and snapshot on them im more inclined to think shoot for tp > melee now but not done the math, if someone wants to prove me wrong tho i'd be happy to see some number crunching/parsing.

Just going off the top of my head, with M Kris, 22% haste gear, haste and double march, it should take an average of 19 seconds to go from 0 to 100 tp. With 5 pieces of Snapshot gear and assuming 1 in every 6 shots is instant due to Rapid Shot, it looks like an average of 40 seconds to go from 0 to 100 tp with a 6 hit.

WS and QD tp returns are a non issue since that gear wouldn't change, although both would make it faster to get to 100% tp. Those numbers also assume that all enhance Snapshot effects are 2% like the merits, and handicaps M Kris by giving it 1.5 attacks per round instead of the 1.9 that it's generally assumed to have.

Again this was off the cuff with no real double checking on my math or assumptions, but unless I'm way off base melee tp is still superior.
 Phoenix.Mogue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-10-29 09:24:37  
Asura.Solara said:
Titan.Nathanielglory said:

Just going off the top of my head, with M Kris, 22% haste gear, haste and double march, it should take an average of 19 seconds to go from 0 to 100 tp. With 5 pieces of Snapshot gear and assuming 1 in every 6 shots is instant due to Rapid Shot, it looks like an average of 40 seconds to go from 0 to 100 tp with a 6 hit.

WS and QD tp returns are a non issue since that gear wouldn't change, although both would make it faster to get to 100% tp. Those numbers also assume that all enhance Snapshot effects are 2% like the merits, and handicaps M Kris by giving it 1.5 attacks per round instead of the 1.9 that it's generally assumed to have.

Again this was off the cuff with no real double checking on my math or assumptions, but unless I'm way off base melee tp is still superior.

Considering he thought that some minuscule buffs on AF3 were going to make the difference between shooting for TP and meleeing for TP, I wouldn't worry too much about your math since he has obviously no clue what hes talking about. Wild, unknowledgeable, uneducated guesses don't need proving or disproving.

Now if you wanted to argue the practicality of not using COR for an additional front line DD anymore in light of how buffed other jobs are for that purpose now, that might be a discussion worth having.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-10-29 09:33:17  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Mab Knives! Or even better, Elemental ToM staves :x But yea, SE is wierd. I do think that COR should get some sort of 2nd Trial weapon

This pritty much answers the OPs question if there still wondering... I dont know much about cor but i know (even more so now with atmas and such) that cor can get some pritty good numbers out of quick draw and adding in dual mab daggers (or swords) was probably decided against for somekind of balance issue.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-10-29 09:51:07  
Phoenix.Mogue said:

Considering he thought that some minuscule buffs on AF3 were going to make the difference between shooting for TP and meleeing for TP, I wouldn't worry too much about your math since he has obviously no clue what hes talking about. Wild, unknowledgeable, uneducated guesses don't need proving or disproving.

Now if you wanted to argue the practicality of not using COR for an additional front line DD anymore in light of how buffed other jobs are for that purpose now, that might be a discussion worth having.

Fair enough, I just like to correct things that are posted in public forums, just to avoid people who don't fact check making the wrong decisions based on stuff they read here.

As for frontline Cor, I'd say that depends entirely on the player and event. I tend to do it, but I have the gear and damage output to back it up. For the average or below average Cor though, it's probably not the right choice.
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-10-29 10:03:46  
Asura.Solara said:
Fair enough, I just like to correct things that are posted in public forums, just to avoid people who don't fact check making the wrong decisions based on stuff they read here.
Agree. Precisely.

Asura.Solara said:
As for frontline Cor, I'd say that depends entirely on the player and event. I tend to do it, but I have the gear and damage output to back it up. For the average or below average Cor though, it's probably not the right choice.
Don't get me wrong, mkris/slugshot corsair is some of the best fun I've ever had playing this game, particularly back when colibri camps were king. Now that Abyssea/Atmas and 800+ Quick Draws that give us TP exist I just find the number situations where melee corsair can excel to be greatly diminished.

Then again, I mostly use corsair for nm lowmanning these days, so I could be overlooking things.
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-10-29 10:06:17  
Leviathan.Popebenedict said:
Personally I want one (or two) of those occ atk 2-3 times daggers. Right now I'm duel wielding Joy toy and Mkris for a WS spam build. However, the damage from Mkris, is just WAY to weak. I mean, either way I know most of my damage will be skewed toward WS, but it'd be nice to actually hit for more then 15 on a normal attack with my dagger.

COR's get a gun trial for an "Occ. Attacks Twice" Gun...

COR's AF weapon is a Gun
DNC's AF weapon... is a throwing hoop

New Topic:
Why aren't there Throwing WS and Trials.
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-10-29 11:07:22  
Same reason RDM doesn't, same skill on Dagger and Sword, yet they only get Sword.

SquareEnix is strange.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-29 11:11:10  
cor can get a 6hit build by range attacks
 Phoenix.Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-10-29 11:13:59  
cor can get a 6hit build by range attacks
[+]
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-10-29 12:00:28  
Phoenix.Mogue said:
Asura.Solara said:
Agree. Precisely.

Asura.Solara said:
Don't get me wrong, mkris/slugshot corsair is some of the best fun I've ever had playing this game, particularly back when colibri camps were king. Now that Abyssea/Atmas and 800+ Quick Draws that give us TP exist I just find the number situations where melee corsair can excel to be greatly diminished.

Then again, I mostly use corsair for nm lowmanning these days, so I could be overlooking things.

I have a Bedlam+1, and my WS average 2.5-3.2k which even in the abyssea age is pretty respectable dmg. Considering that, and the fact I rarely do events with more than 6, at 22% haste with a multihit it's a notable decrease in overall dot for me not to melee even with QD for tp.
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2010-10-29 14:32:27  
Asura.Ina said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Mab Knives! Or even better, Elemental ToM staves :x But yea, SE is wierd. I do think that COR should get some sort of 2nd Trial weapon

This pritty much answers the OPs question if there still wondering... I dont know much about cor but i know (even more so now with atmas and such) that cor can get some pritty good numbers out of quick draw and adding in dual mab daggers (or swords) was probably decided against for somekind of balance issue.

While yes this thread was a "question" I pretty much knew the answer going into it. This is more of a "way to not make sense SE" type of thread.

To me, if it's your HIGHEST skill, you should have a trial for it (Hence why ranger has Marksmanship and Archery cause they are A- compared to their B- Axe/dagger, or why War has Axe/Gaxe, those two being their HIGHEST skills).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-29 16:06:55  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Not like it matters much for COR tbh, since you are either dual wielding joytoy/mkris and/or TPing with RATK.
I personally would like a STR dagger for COR, since the next best dagger in DPS is Papilio Kirpan. Razed Ruins Atma makes jobs with Evisceration very interresting.

[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-10-31 03:34:28  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Not like it matters much for COR tbh, since you are either dual wielding joytoy/mkris and/or TPing with RATK.

That would mean you are /NIN on COR and why would you ever do that?

Or /DNC

But anyway, probably the same reason most sub /NIN - Shadows.
By Titan.Nathanielglory 2010-11-07 20:27:46  
minuscule buffs huh? Hmm lemmie think what snapshot gear cor gets

Head: Zha'Go's Barbut/Moogle expansion head aug/Aurore or take the rapid shot +10 on navarch +2
Body: Mirke w/ snapshot
Hands: Relic
Legs: Navarch +2
Feet: admittedly no snapshot, but navarch +1/2 have aug Courser's Roll for macro so i'd prolly tp in STP feet
Waist: Impulse Belt
Back: Navarch's Mantle

And of course, Courser's Roll, whatever the roll gives. In (this) gear alone thats a 24% reduction in delay if i'v done the math right.

With some STP thrown in there (this set alrdy has +13 not inc feet) and using Armageddon could make a 6 maybe even 5 hit set depending on SJ and now many other slots you can put STP in.
First Page 2