users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » State of blue mage
State of blue mage
 Leviathan.Anbu
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-10-06 13:15:47  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
You should care, you're only method of interaction on this forum is through text. You should care about how you present your ideas if you wish for your idea's merit to be made known.

Na bro i really don't give a ***about how I'm seen on this or any forum full of people who I'll never see, interact or who affects my RL. I'm usually on here to kill time at work like now, and to fuk with people on here for shits and giggles off the butthurt and nerd rages. sorry just sayin...0.o
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-06 13:16:52  
Odin.Blazza said:
Edit @ above poster: Fantod is pointless ***.
no skin off my nose bro :D
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-06 16:42:17  
Odin.Blazza said:

A spammable 320 CE/VE spell with a 5 seconds recast in full haste is pointless?
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-06 16:44:39  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Yeah but do you know how hard it is to get people let me try and tank on blu?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-06 16:48:08  
Bahamut.Dasva said:

I've been on the same boat before.... though, Fantod is useless from a DD perspective (unless you cast it 10 times or osmething)
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-06 16:49:47  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

I've been on the same boat before.... though, Fantod is useless from a DD perspective (unless you cast it 10 times or osmething)
E-peen+1 tool.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-06 17:01:18  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
E-peen+1 tool.
Yeah I had a friend try to break 9k on the xarc mobs for genkai. But he failed only got like 8k lol
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-06 17:03:34  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Odin.Blazza said:

Wow, it's really 320 CE/VE for 12 mp and 1 set point? That's pretty amazing when Actinic Burst is down and you've already Diffusion > Exuviation.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-06 17:10:32  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Wow, it's really 320 CE/VE for 12 mp and 1 set point? That's pretty amazing when Actinic Burst is down and you've already Diffusion > Exuviation.
I think most the non dmg spells past 75 are. Like haste and refresh are. I had to look them up to figure out why I kept taking hate using them lol
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-10-06 19:01:48  
Odin.Blazza said:
Nah, he's just really ***. Melees in pallas bracelets, does Plenilune Embrace for 39 more than my magic fruit (and he was /rdm I was /nin). He was actually quite high on the healing parse, but only because he'd spam plenilune embrace on himself whenever he took more than 100 damage (I lose more than that in gear swaps). I have issues with this guy atm, because he's sooo ***, I pour my heart and soul into my blu and work my *** off at events, then I get out-bid on mavi seals by this gimp *** who barely does more than show up.

What pisses me off even more though, is that after I really gave him a hard time and challenged him on it, he actually did his *** job on Kharon (skele NM in Attohwa) and came close to my damage on a couple of fights, and even out-parsed me on one (we'll ignore the fact that he finished that fight out of MP from spamming weak *** embraces on himself). But it goes to show that even a really shitty blu can actually do some really good damage, but like any job, they need to not slack off and actually participate, and use that MP. Every time I saw him cast battery charge (I don't even set it in abyssea now) he was over 1k MP and then just sat on it.

Blazz, Whats the difference in your gear to his gear? Would y ou mind posting up?

I have been looking at gear swaps as we blues def know that Gear swaps do help us out also.

Just curious is all.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-07 00:49:21  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Odin.Blazza said:

You LS stinks then ;p I tank a lot on my BLU, JOL etc will be doing Omega and Ultima with it as well but don't really need fantod for those cause they won't be unengaged tanked.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-07 00:51:43  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Show up -> tank -> repeat

Worked for me :3
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-07 01:07:58  
Why can't most BLU's take any criticism on the job?

I mean, if someone says "I don't like BLU" they go on a huge tirade. I've seen other people mindlessly defending a job before, but never as much as Blu players.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-07 01:11:11  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I mean, if someone says "I don't like BLU" they go on a huge tirade. I've seen other people mindlessly defending a job before, but never as much as Blu players.

Do you even play this game anymore?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-07 01:11:29  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Do you even play this game anymore?

Occasionally, doesn't change my point though.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-07 01:14:26  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

It's more that the specific people in question are really easy to troll, I think.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-07 01:14:47  
If you say you don't like BLU, there should be a reason. Maybe they disagree with the reason and that is why they go on a huge tirade. This is a job that has received so much ***from the community because people don't know how a properly geared and intelligent blu functions. They are used to seeing the 80% of blu's out there with full AF and shitty MP gear.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-07 01:15:43  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

It's more that the specific people in question are really easy to troll, I think.

This too, and how dare you -1 me!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-07 01:16:09  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Good point I suppose. It's just like... DRK's kinda just take it lying down, MNK's don't care, SAM's don't really care that much.

I've noticed RDM's are like that too, mention one negative thing about RDM and they flip the ***out. I remember when they nerfed RDM tanking @ 80 update, someone was trying to argue how they still tanked for an alliance as a RDM effectively and RDM was still the best Tank for hate and PDT
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-07 01:21:01  
Goddamn rdms gimps. Always throwing gimps our way.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-10-07 01:31:11  
Neon, the difference between my gear swaps and his, is that I actually swap gear.
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-10-07 02:51:36  
Spammable spell that generates 320 CE every 5 seconds is pretty badass. The VE means almost nothing since decay is 60/second.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-07 02:57:14  
Phoenix.Lithical said:
Spammable spell that generates 320 CE every 5 seconds is pretty badass. The VE means almost nothing since decay is 60/second.
It matters alot of if you are tanking a single mob for any decent amount of time
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-10-07 03:10:36  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Lithical said:
It matters alot of if you are tanking a single mob for any decent amount of time

If you're not taking excessive hits I'm pretty sure BLU has other spells with higher VE values to keep it capped and CE capped at the same time since CE loss from taking a hit to your shadows is minimal and there's no point spamming a CE spell when your at/near cap. Taking .5 cast time into account and time spent casting shadows you're still losing VE over time. Given how easy it is for any decent DD to put out big numbers inside (atma) and outside (level correction) of abyssea they're capping CE just as fast as a BLU.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-07 03:11:54  
Which is exactly the point. Once other people cap CE, VE generation becomes really important for a tank. And the other ones have long recast timers. Plus doing both at the same time is nice early on
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-10-07 03:13:10  
Which is my point? You're not getting a net gain out of that spell when VE decays as fast as you can spam it, then when you cast shadows you're losing time you can't spend building VE?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-07 03:14:11  
So you'd rather just lose VE if you are tanking instead of at least maintaining it?
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-10-07 03:17:33  
You're really not getting how spamming that spell when CE capped isn't doing you any good...
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-07 03:20:17  
Naw. Probably has something to do with the fact rdms tanked awesome with spells with similar amounts of hate with longer cast times
 Phoenix.Lithical
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-10-07 03:21:13  
RDMs that spammed CE spells when they were CE capped and needed to maintain capped VE probably weren't holding hate very well.