users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » State of blue mage
State of blue mage
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-10-05 20:02:31  
I like to think of Magical Nukes as "DPS Nukes." They're not overhwhelmingly huge like a BLM can do, but over time, they deal a fair amount of damage. They're also good to have something on hand when you're in a situation where time doesn't permit you to change jobs, imo.

Funny that I'm talking about this though, I just finally got 8/8 HQ staves and need to try Firespit and Regurgitation again. I previously had 5/8 Staves except Fire, Water and Light HQ Staves.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-05 20:06:38  
I mostly just like it for regurg. The pretty much hateless thing is nice sometimes
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-10-05 20:10:45  
Yar, and the Bind effect is nifty, as well as the increased damage when done from behind the mob. I had a moment where I Paralyzed Kaiser Behemoth in Limbus with Mind Blast though...that was pretty awesome.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-10-05 20:41:21  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Caitsith.Jar said:
BLU right now is the most powerful DD in the game.

Oh please,,,

It is the logic you see in the PUP section, but BLU are actually better than PUPs.

Far from the best DD though.

lol stop hating you bum
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-10-06 00:22:24  
As I said somewhere before, my blu isn't as good as Draylo's, and this was my parse from last nights Abyssea, farming lights on Murexes.

For my part, I had atma ma refresh but no spell refresh, and was slacking somewhat while looking at parser stuff as it's the first time I've used it. While I was paying attention, I was sitting just above Jryan and his pet, but I left the parse going a little long onto the next mobs. Also Erv (DRK) was only present for about half of that time, so he would actually be about level with me and the DRG, or just below.

My LS isn't exactly what you'd call high end, so you're right, it *is* a little skewed, but you can see that a good blu can certainly match if not beat most good DD jobs now. Also my rate of refresh outside abyssea with Refresh II would actually be greater than what I have in abyssea with the atma I was using.

So the current state of blu is good. The current state of pup I'll let you know after next run where our pup comes. But I also find it interesting to know that the other loljob (BST) actually out-parsed everyone.
[+]
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-06 00:28:53  
Odin.Blazza said:
As I said somewhere before, my blu isn't as good as Draylo's, and this was my parse from last nights Abyssea, farming lights on Murexes. For my part, I had atma ma refresh but no spell refresh, and was slacking somewhat while looking at parser stuff as it's the first time I've used it. While I was paying attention, I was sitting just above Jryan and his pet, but I left the parse going a little long onto the next mobs. Also Erv (DRK) was only present for about half of that time, so he would actually be about level with me and the DRG, or just below. My LS isn't exactly what you'd call high end, so you're right, it *is* a little skewed, but you can see that a good blu can certainly match if not beat most good DD jobs now. Also my rate of refresh outside abyssea with Refresh II would actually be greater than what I have in abyssea with the atma I was using. So the current state of blu is good. The current state of pup I'll let you know after next run where our pup comes. But I also find it interesting to know that the other loljob (BST) actually out-parsed everyone.

What buffs did the melee have?

Yea I assumed blu would be decent. I out parsed a bunch of Ebody drks on my server using my PLD/NIN when leveling to 80 cap. Beat them by quite a bit actually :/
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-10-06 00:53:37  
Erm, if I'm reading this right, pretty much just haste. Me Art Jry had haste and double march, Erv and Karse had Chaos Roll. Most buffs at around 70-80% active time, Art and Jryan's haste active about 50%.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2010-10-06 01:38:39  
Maybe it's getting late, and I'm seeing a lot of numbers while doing my accounting homework.

Bst + pet = 22.62%

... is what I'm seeing. Let's all bst!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-06 01:47:28  
I hate abyssea parses. It's more based on attention span and what atmas/cruor buffs than gear and job alot of the time lol. Also knowing info that isn't on wiki. Like how to get an extra 50% dmg on murexes. Or at least the river ones. Only ones I've fought so far
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-10-06 01:51:56  
Attack while they're casting!

***, the cat's out of the bag.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-06 01:55:20  
Sorta. But yeah my whole allaince couldn't figure it out so I had to myself. *** yeah 3k nukes without outside buffs/debuffs or MBing etc
 Titan.Xantavia
サーバ: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-10-06 02:00:14  
Odin.Blazza said:

So the current state of blu is good. The current state of pup I'll let you know after next run where our pup comes. But I also find it interesting to know that the other loljob (BST) actually out-parsed everyone.

See, now that new jug pets are like charming EM mobs, people are starting to see the power of bst. If old camps had had decent pets available, it never would have hit the lol status for party play.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-10-06 10:03:37  
Odin.Blazza said:
As I said somewhere before, my blu isn't as good as Draylo's, and this was my parse from last nights Abyssea, farming lights on Murexes.

What was the other Blu doing ... lol %6 ? 0.O
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-06 10:10:22  
how does a drg/blu even come close in a parse race? especially over a drk.....wtf lol
 Asura.Isiolia
サーバ: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-10-06 11:11:24  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
how does a drg/blu even come close in a parse race? especially over a drk.....wtf lol

Could be that the DRK wasn't at level cap, or was AFK, or whatever.
That and he didn't get ***for buffs compared to the top three.

Either way, I'd say that the fact that your parse was led by a BST (+pet), then a DRG/mage, and a BLU, is somewhat a caveat to saying that it's a great DD.
I've parsed those jobs alongside WARs n' SAMs and all, and they still don't tend to compare. Not saying it'd be impossible...but personal experience is that the same support/effort put into other jobs still has greater returns.

Frankly, it's more a matter of the nature of parses too. There's a lot of other information to know. It's a far better tool to use for self-improvement than anything else.
IMO, what to take away from that is more that double march + haste helps a lot >_> The folks who had that were your strong DDs. The bigger question then is why only three people had that support.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-10-06 11:31:55  
Asura.Isiolia said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Either way, I'd say that the fact that your parse was led by a BST (+pet), then a DRG/mage, and a BLU, is somewhat a caveat to saying that it's a great DD.
I've parsed those jobs alongside WARs n' SAMs and all, and they still don't tend to compare. Not saying it'd be impossible...but personal experience is that the same support/effort put into other jobs still has greater returns.

Frankly, it's more a matter of the nature of parses too. There's a lot of other information to know. It's a far better tool to use for self-improvement than anything else.
IMO, what to take away from that is more that double march + haste helps a lot >_> The folks who had that were your strong DDs. The bigger question then is why only three people had that support.

Lol the ***is based on damage as long as a Blu mage has MP it can spam high Damage spells on a mob It would be impossible for a WS job to out DD it unless its over a long peroid where Blu runs out of MP and resorts to melee for damage and now since 800-1000k Sanguine blades its even harder to out DD blu because it has a high Damage WS now so actually any good Blu can out parse All DD's its a fact just deal with it Se will probably nerf us anyway knowing them....point is b4 Abyssea updates Blu had a low damage cap on spells and had a low damage WS thats why it was getting raped by other DD this is not true any more since lv 85 spell damage cap and Sanguine blade and EF...actually Blu is the current DD king atm sorry....
[+]
 Leviathan.Yokhai
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-10-06 11:57:37  
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Asura.Isiolia said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Lol the ***is based on damage as long as a Blu mage has MP it can spam high Damage spells on a mob It would be impossible for a WS job to out DD it unless its over a long peroid where Blu runs out of MP and resorts to melee for damage and now since 800-1000k Sanguine blades its even harder to out DD blu because it has a high Damage WS now so actually any good Blu can out parse All DD's its a fact just deal with it Se will probably nerf us anyway knowing them....point is b4 Abyssea updates Blu had a low damage cap on spells and had a low damage WS thats why it was getting raped by other DD this is not true any more since lv 85 spell damage cap and Sanguine blade and EF...actually Blu is the current DD king atm sorry....

longest sentence ever.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-06 12:00:50  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Asura.Isiolia said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

longest sentence ever.
not a sentence at all
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-10-06 12:09:57  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Asura.Isiolia said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

longest sentence ever.
not a sentence at all

The bigger question is who cares....
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-10-06 12:12:16  
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Leviathan.Anbu said:
Asura.Isiolia said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

longest sentence ever.
not a sentence at all

The bigger question is who cares....
I care!!!

j/k :P
 Phoenix.Lithical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-10-06 12:14:28  
DRK and SAM look like they were afk half the time or something.
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-10-06 12:17:58  
Phoenix.Lithical said:
DRK and SAM look like they were afk half the time or something.

Yeah he said the Drk was there for only half the time I'd assume the Sam was not 85 , gimp as hell or just afk 0.0
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-06 12:20:03  
Yeah.. the SAM did 2.5 times more damage through straight melee'ing than he did with WS... that doesn't even make sense.

And if you BLU/RDM I'm sure you could have outparsed the BST.
 Alexander.Abercrombiepat
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Abercrombiepat 2010-10-06 12:30:47  
blu can either be a great dd or a healer/buffer. so pretty much you can do whatever the job calls for you to do.
[+]
 Leviathan.Yokhai
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-10-06 12:39:40  
You should care, you're only method of interaction on this forum is through text. You should care about how you present your ideas if you wish for your idea's merit to be made known.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-06 12:51:15  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
You should care, you're only method of interaction on this forum is through text. You should care about how you present your ideas if you wish for your idea's merit to be made known.
/block

jkjk

on topic:
Fantad and Qad. Cont. are perdy cool.
meh on the refresh nerf, yay on the goblin rush.

i don't have blu leveled but i party with one and it's seems to be a barrel of fun.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-10-06 12:54:46  
Nah, he's just really ***. Melees in pallas bracelets, does Plenilune Embrace for 39 more than my magic fruit (and he was /rdm I was /nin). He was actually quite high on the healing parse, but only because he'd spam plenilune embrace on himself whenever he took more than 100 damage (I lose more than that in gear swaps). I have issues with this guy atm, because he's sooo ***, I pour my heart and soul into my blu and work my *** off at events, then I get out-bid on mavi seals by this gimp *** who barely does more than show up.

What pisses me off even more though, is that after I really gave him a hard time and challenged him on it, he actually did his *** job on Kharon (skele NM in Attohwa) and came close to my damage on a couple of fights, and even out-parsed me on one (we'll ignore the fact that he finished that fight out of MP from spamming weak *** embraces on himself). But it goes to show that even a really shitty blu can actually do some really good damage, but like any job, they need to not slack off and actually participate, and use that MP. Every time I saw him cast battery charge (I don't even set it in abyssea now) he was over 1k MP and then just sat on it.

Edit @ above poster: Fantod is pointless ***.
[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
サーバ: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-10-06 12:55:15  
Leviathan.Anbu said:

Last time I parsed a BLU in Abyssea, they struggled to do 1/3 of the WAR's damage that was there.

Personally, I don't care. I have a decently geared BLU. If it's the best option, then that's what I'll use.
That said, my point was more about the parse given. It's very clear that a significant edge was granted due to who got the buffs and who didn't. There's little information about what the status/etc of the participants is. So taking it at face value isn't exactly doing anyone a favor.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-10-06 13:00:34  
Eh, the three main DD's were the three people that were actually paying attention and fighting. I have no idea wtf the sam was doing and the thf was 75. Each of the three main DD's were in the same party, had the same buffs and are geared about as well as can be reasonably expected (we all have a spattering of salvage gear, but no full sets for instance).

The DRK is also very good, but didn't join til late.