users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Empyrean Armor
Empyrean Armor
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-09-02 14:29:28  
I think blu and nin are both really cute. I love the veil on the old blu af and relic, it makes them look so mysterious! So it's cool that they get to keep their veil, and that ninja gets one too. :D Dang, those blu and nin heads are cute!

I can't wait to see the body pieces for rng, thf, and blm (since those are my main jobs.) I hope they look good! :D :D!
 Leviathan.Aneu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-09-02 14:43:47  
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

omg the PUP hat is funny
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-09-02 14:44:48  
I really hope the trials for these involve older 75 endgame gear, it would be really nice to be able to throw a mix of homam and perle into the legs for my DRK and/or af+1 and iron ram into the feet for my pld. Would enable you to conserve space and be really awesome gear. Any ideas on how they will be trialed???
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-02 14:45:05  
Odin.Liela said:
I think blu and nin are both really cute. I love the veil on the old blu af and relic, it makes them look so mysterious! So it's cool that they get to keep their veil, and that ninja gets one too. :D Dang, those blu and nin heads are cute!

I can't wait to see the body pieces for rng, thf, and blm (since those are my main jobs.) I hope they look good! :D :D!
Cute until you're an Elvaan male wearing knee-high kinky boots. ): Then you're just a guy with a silly hat and a strange fetish.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-09-02 14:48:57  
Leviathan.Dissonant said:
Odin.Liela said:

Cute until you're an Elvaan male wearing knee-high kinky boots. ): Then you're just a guy with a silly hat and a strange fetish.

Er.... don't tell Karu, Aable or Sham that I said this, but, uh, male Elvaan don't look good in anything, poor guys! lol ;; Sorry, elf-men. You are all still cool and stuff, I promise!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-02 15:04:07  
Odin.Liela said:
Er.... don't tell Karu, Aable or Sham that I said this, but, uh, male Elvaan don't look good in anything, poor guys! lol ;; Sorry, elf-men. You are all still cool and stuff, I promise!
; -;...
 Shiva.Nayomi
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Shiva
user: nayomi423
By Shiva.Nayomi 2010-09-02 15:13:15  
I have a feeling that these r going to be a real big pain to obtain -.-
By Mireillechan 2010-09-02 15:14:33  
Some of the gear looks alright, but some of it just looks...funny. XD I'm curious to how we're are gonna obtain them, but I'm sure it some long and painstakenly tiresome way like with all spiffy gear. :/
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-02 15:21:29  
Mireillechan said:
most of it just looks...funny.
ftfy :< Only THF and RNG didn't look silly in one way or another to me.
By Mireillechan 2010-09-02 15:25:18  
Mireillechan said:
Dnc was pretty normal as well, which makes me sad. I was hoping to get the feather barette like Lilisette has in the past. I thought that was so pretty. ^^
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-02 15:29:50  
Mireillechan said:
Mireillechan said:
Dnc was pretty normal as well, which makes me sad. I was hoping to get the feather barette like Lilisette has in the past. I thought that was so pretty. ^^
There is some guy who dug up the .dats from the recent update and the new head piece for female dancers is like a rose with feathers protruding from behind. It looks nice, though not at all like Lilisette's thingamabob.

EDIT: Here it is!

EDIT EDIT: Ugly mannequin does it no justice. >.>
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-02 15:35:36  
facepalm on not having the stats yet again, we don't even know wtf we're buying.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-02 15:45:45  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Salvage trials would of been better cuz that gear looks better tbh lol >_>
I am really surprised they haven't announced something along the lines of upgrading old gear in some way. I really think they just have a complete lack of interest in keeping old endgame relevant. Though I am sure there are plenty of people who are sick of Salvage and sky and Limbus...
 Bahamut.Endol
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Endol
By Bahamut.Endol 2010-09-02 15:48:39  
some of that armor looks like its from lolWoW
By Mireillechan 2010-09-02 15:51:24  
Mireillechan said:
Mireillechan said:
There is some guy who dug up the .dats from the recent update and the new head piece for female dancers is like a rose with feathers protruding from behind. It looks nice, though not at all like Lilisette's thingamabob. EDIT: Here it is! EDIT EDIT: Ugly mannequin does it no justice. >.>
Oh wow, that is pretty. But yeah, it's nothing like Lilisette's, but fair enough. ^^

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-02 15:55:01  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Salvage trials would of been better cuz that gear looks better tbh lol >_>
I am really surprised they haven't announced something along the lines of upgrading old gear in some way. I really think they just have a complete lack of interest in keeping old endgame relevant. Though I am sure there are plenty of people who are sick of Salvage and sky and Limbus...
True, but if abyssea becomes the only event required for gear since it is the final stage of great gear in the game (Ofc prob AH too, maybe) then everything else in game will become a ghost sight and a waste of time.
Yeah, I am really hoping they don't decide it has to come to that...Lots of the old endgame content is fun in my opinion, Salvage especially.
 Asura.Sotek
サーバ: Asura
user: Otek
By Asura.Sotek 2010-09-02 16:26:18  
I was expecting "Kill Proto-Omega 30 times > lv99 Homam" or something of the sort.
Abyssean NMs are far to weak and abundant for me to be happy about them replacing old endgame. It's a nice event, but honestly, if it replaces everything I'll be massively pissed off at looking at 9 year old zones that have been poorly reskinned day in day out.
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-02 16:35:00  
Asura.Sotek said:
I was expecting "Kill Proto-Omega 30 times > lv99 Homam" or something of the sort.
Abyssean NMs are far to weak and abundant for me to be happy about them replacing old endgame. It's a nice event, but honestly, if it replaces everything I'll be massively pissed off at looking at 9 year old zones that have been poorly reskinned day in day out.
I think that's what a lot of people were expecting. It just seems logical to me. I don't understand how out-dating all of the old content is in the best interest of the game.

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-02 16:42:16  
Asura.Vyenpakakapaka said:
I've heard a few people (Lifer PUPs) say they like the new PUP gear.

What I want to know is what people like about it? To me, it looks like Harley Quinn had a few too many drinks and knocked up a New York Taxi Cab, then stole the goggles from a Gnome Engineer or something. It looks absolutely ridiculous! Like people didn't dis-respect you guys as it was. XD

...just, as always, the graphic design team for FFXI. They're questionable sometimes.

1) I'm an 80 pup and this set looks hilarious and awesome... yes its going to play into the "lolpup" mentality, but idc... Pups (NPCs) are what....entertainers.. what's a jester? The best type of entertainer hehe. So I think it fits quite nicely.

2) I like the vast majority of the new gear models. I dont think its "questionable" what they did (except blu mage gear being a lot of white..that one confused me lol). I think they took ideas from other games/movies. Cor eye patch is awesome and that giant feather in the cap is similar to Barbarossa from the Pirates movies..which is great lol. Thf hood is very assassin's creed and a lot of people liked those games, so that fits with thf kinda. The floppy hat for sch looks silly, but it comes with a monocle so its ok in my book lol.
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-02 16:52:10  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
is similar to Captain Crunch
FTFY
Seriously, though, it's all a matter of opinion. I am looking forward to seeing the body pieces to each set (yes, I realize those aren't coming until later on).
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-02 16:54:25  
cap'n crunch? LOL
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-02 16:57:58  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
cap'n crunch? LOL
 Ragnarok.Doluka
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-09-02 17:09:18  
I think they're going to be relatively easy to obtain compared to the weapons but a royal pain in the *** to augment and make the gear worth wearing...
By Vyenpakakapaka 2010-09-02 18:43:49  
Meh...I guess I have no fashion sense, lol. I don't think I'd want the jester's cap if I was a PUP. I'm just gonna laugh at your goofy-arse hat when I see it. XD
By Mireillechan 2010-09-02 18:46:27  
Vyenpakakapaka said:
Meh...I guess I have no fashion sense, lol. I don't think I'd want the jester's cap if I was a PUP. I'm just gonna laugh at your goofy-arse hat when I see it. XD
I'll laugh with you. :D
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2010-09-02 18:46:35  
Odin.Liela said:
Odin.Liela said:

:O

Nevermind, there is always my white panties :D