New Job Trait : A 7 YEARS Wait Finally End...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » New job trait : a 7 YEARS wait finally end...
New job trait : a 7 YEARS wait finally end...
First Page 2 3
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-08-25 08:57:24  
- Thief: Dual Wield

Man took long enouth to Se to realise it...its me or DNC sub made it so useless than SE didnt cared anymore...
[+]
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2010-08-25 09:12:55  
Well goodbye Tatami Shield /war build!
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-25 09:16:06  
Unicorn.Idevlboy said:
Well goodbye Tatami Shield /war build!
But what about those shield procs!!!!

On a more serious note, at 90 /war gets fencer... and that +evis dagger looks decent so tp will matter as will crit hit rate
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-25 09:22:08  
No ones mentioned it, so I guess I'll put my thought out there.

Nin gets dw: 10
Dnc gets dw: 20
Thf gets dw: 15?

Just a thought for people, to try and guesstimate what rank of DW thf will get and at what level. They'll likely be cheap/lazy and copy dnc's dw chart/level mechanics, so, Yeah. Just my opinion, again
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-25 09:25:43  
Hopefully thf will get DW faster than dnc.

Otherwise it will just continue to be sad. I mean a job that was made to DD and mess with hate a little is getting completely and utterly pwned in the DPS department right now but a support/DD even if it did nothing but just melee lol.

Like I could make item sets for both now. Both with 25% haste. But dnc would have a good 20+ more DW then the thf. While getting to sub things like war or sam etc. Not to mention the dnc is getting another 10% from it's own samba.

Would be like making rdm melee better than war with a swd anyways
 Midgardsormr.Renala
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-25 09:32:55  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hopefully thf will get DW faster than dnc.

Thats more-or-less what I'm thinking/hoping. Its where the thought came from, so I thought I'd share XD
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-25 09:33:36  
Yeah I mean they already get more DW gear... this will certianly up the value of the gold dagger for thfs though
 Bismarck.Tragedie
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2010-08-25 09:36:00  
I'm hoping that it's a retroactive adjustment (like dnc's was) and not a trait THF picks up at 83 or something. Granted even getting DW1 still means you can /war etc., and is awesome, but I'm hoping it'll at least be the same level of DW as /nin or /dnc.

Either way, I'm a happy taru~
 Siren.Delirium
サーバ: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-08-25 09:52:22  
I'd love it to be 1 tier higher than DNC and 1 lower than ninja. It would actually make more sense that way IMO
[+]
 Leviathan.Ayrlie
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kimmy78
By Leviathan.Ayrlie 2010-08-25 10:00:46  
I'll probably be /war in XP more

Berserk + SA + Dancing Edge FTW
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-08-25 10:01:00  
EThe way it was worded, made me think thf would get dual wield like blu, in the 80+ range, I hope not, but wouldn't be surprised, especially since thf is a good enough sj because of sneak attack, and trick attack.
SE said:
A host of new abilities, job traits and spells, will also be added for the newly unlocked levels.
[+]
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-08-25 10:01:41  
Leviathan.Ayrlie said:
I'll probably be /war in XP more Berserk + SA + Dancing Edge FTW

You forgot Feint lol
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
EThe way it was worded, made me think thf would get dual wield like blu, in the 80+ range, I hope not, but wouldn't be surprised, especially since thf is a good enough sj because of sneak attack, and trick attack.
SE said:
A host of new abilities, job traits and spells, will also be added for the newly unlocked levels.

way to rain on the parade
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-08-25 10:12:20  
DUAL WIELD YESSSSSSSSSSSS

SE don't *** this up. SERIOUSLY.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-25 10:13:54  
DW1 FOREVER GOOOOOOOOOOOO
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kitrah
user: Kitrah
By Lakshmi.Kitrah 2010-08-25 10:14:43  
Don't forget that BLU now gets DW-I as well. Certain spells have to be set, but it gets it, nonetheless.

Why not just get rid of NIN completely and allow THF DNC and BLU (oh yea, Zephyr Mantle) to get some sort of Utsemi. I mean, let's face it: Unless you specifically like NIN, ppl use that job for DW and shadows. Now, DW is no longer exclusive to that job.

Anyways, at the very least, I hope they give THF DW-IV like they did DNC; (at the moment, NIN and DNC are the only jobs that can attain that tier of Dual Wield). If they do, I'm a probably perma-THF/DNC for solo stuff, because my overall EVA, combined with cures and erases from /DNC, more than makes up for Utsemi....if the mob doesn't land a good nuke, that is.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-08-25 10:17:16  
Siren.Delirium said:
Leviathan.Ayrlie said:

You forgot Feint lol
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
SE said:

Dnc didn't get dual wield prior to the last update but they retroactivly applied the traits to prior levels. It's also interesting to note that the final level of their dw isn't even 75+ it's 60 so it really has nothing to do with the next levels. The same should be true of thf. The wording does seem to imply that it would be post 80 but can you really trust wording from a company who manages to translate stats wrong on gear? I mean really?
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-25 10:18:42  
Definitely the best new trait added. Hope there's still more additions they haven't revealed yet.
 Lakshmi.Kitrah
user: Kitrah
By Lakshmi.Kitrah 2010-08-25 10:19:59  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

Dnc didn't get dual wield prior to the last update but they retroactivly applied the traits to prior levels. It's also interesting to note that the final level of their dw isn't even 75+ it's 60 so it really has nothing to do with the next levels. The same should be true of thf. The wording does seem to imply that it would be post 80 but can you really trust wording from a company who manages to translate stats wrong on gear? I mean really?

Dual Wield IV

* Obtained:
* Ninja Level 65
* Dancer Level 80
* Delay Reduction: 30%
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-08-25 10:20:16  
I know people will think I'm nuts, but I like shadows more than dw, sometimes even when I am /nin, I rock the tatami shield. Nin to me will still be seen a lot on thieves, pulling, soloing, and high level farming. But it does allow thf to have its try at being a Dd again.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-08-25 10:22:57  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Siren.Delirium said:
Leviathan.Ayrlie said:

You forgot Feint lol
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
SE said:

Touché
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-25 10:23:00  
Frankly even before they gave dnc DW I found myself /dnc alot anyways. Since then seeing as no one really lets thf DD much see alot of /dnc just so they can do Something. Anything lol.

I mean sure if you are tanking or partially tanking something hard or fighting something with AOEs absorbed by utsesmi /nin. Others sub something else
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-08-25 10:27:16  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Siren.Delirium said:
Leviathan.Ayrlie said:
You forgot Feint lol
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
SE said:

<3
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-08-25 10:39:36  
Well, my thf anymore serves only a few purposes, th4, sacking, pulling, and that's about it. They all benefit from shadows. Which th4, could use shadows, based on what I'm fighting, other than that, I use other jobs. Don't get me wrong, I love dual wield for thf, I just wish we got more defensive moves.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-25 10:43:24  
Meh we've been doing thf/dnc in salvage and it's been doing all those things just fine + providing cures (mostly for himself since he is in his own pt and I forget about him)
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-08-25 10:47:36  
So now thf gets a native dual wield. Great, another reason for me to get myself killed BLU/THF (Without even having to set the dual wield trait from spells)
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-08-25 11:43:28  
Mmmk, Admittedly my quick gland on dnc traits failed to catch the last trait but regardless. Wording means nothing lately cause the localization team has sucked. And the fact that they added pre-75 traits for other jobs still means that thf should not have to wait for 80+ for DW.
 Siren.Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-08-25 13:20:46  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
...the fact that they added pre-75 traits for other jobs still means that thf should not have to wait for 80+ for DW.

i wholeheartedly agree.
 Phoenix.Slytribal
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-08-25 13:24:20  
What do people think to Thf/Sam after this? Meditate and Sekkanoki for WS, Store TP to slightly gain back the loss of TP from higher Dual Wield, or will /war outclass it entirely?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-25 13:27:44  
Phoenix.Slytribal said:
What do people think to Thf/Sam after this? Meditate and Sekkanoki for WS, Store TP to slightly gain back the loss of TP from higher Dual Wield, or will /war outclass it entirely?
It will be situational.

A thf/war dualweilding should get tp plenty fine and /war will up your dmg a fair amount.

On the other hand you can't always tp off mobs much. Or are running around alot.
 Phoenix.Slytribal
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-08-25 13:33:06  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Slytribal said:
It will be situational.

A thf/war dualweilding should get tp plenty fine and /war will up your dmg a fair amount.

On the other hand you can't always tp off mobs much. Or are running around alot.

Ah, thanks.
First Page 2 3