フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - The exp camps
Abyssea - The exp camps
 Unicorn.Motenten
VIP
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Motenten
By Unicorn.Motenten 2010-10-05 17:05:37  
As mentioned, murex agro JA/WS at night (roughly 18:00 - 04:00, iirc). They're incredibly easy as long as there's someone to silence them, and dispel spikes if they happen to get that up.

They don't give ruby light, though, so it will take a while to build up xp on them. There's good camps for them in all three of the new areas, and they're doable by groups of even 2-4, for 30k-40k/hr.

Would recommend against the eruca camp in Attohwa. They're workable, but a bit of a pain, especially with lights.

Would strongly suggest avoiding the amoebas. They're like murex in that they only agro at night, but they agro magic instead of JAs. You can get ruby lights on them, but not amber. However they also have heavy damage resistance (possibly blunt only, but I think at least some resistance against all damage types), and conal drain move that may absorb buffs as well as HP (I'm a little fuzzy on that), and just are generally far too much of a pain to kill to take a regular xp party to.

Peapuks in Vunkerl are doable if you have a well-coordinated group. If you do not have a well-coordinated group, they will tear you apart with AOEs. The martello there is also smack in the middle of a bunch of sight/sound agro mobs. Workable, but not the best camp.

The nearby mini-crawlers are easy enough to kill, but don't give azure light, so you need to build that elsewhere before you start on them.

In Misareaux, there's also the regular birds just below the colibri camp, if you want to be able to keep your food. Standard stuff, fairly easy.

Also in Misareax, Abyssobugards down near conflux 08 are great xp fodder. Have a high xp cap (640). The mobs are fairly tightly packed (as opposed to the bugards in Konschtat) so pulling is easy. Standard TP moves, fairly easy to deal with.

In Attohwa, there are treants on the far east side of the map. Surprisingly easy. There are fewer pops, and a bit more spread out, but have a higher base xp to compensate.
 Leviathan.Inem
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Inem
By Leviathan.Inem 2010-10-05 18:02:17  
As touched on above, Frigate Birds in Misareaux are pretty easy. Capped both azure and pearl in 30 mins.

One thing I will mention for it, is to watch out for Jala that roams back and forth if you're camping on the south side. If your puller likes linking and having a sleepga on mobs make sure they don't do that while the NM is near.. because that's exactly what happened to me and with its Tidal Wave move, the whole alliance (sans a few) got KO'd!