Abyssea - The Exp Camps

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - The exp camps
Abyssea - The exp camps
By Lynxblade 2010-09-11 06:50:02  
....My fav abysea is prolly canyon on sperms, they die rly fast, as long as you got a rdm/nin pullin with silence, and a brd or blu to dispel ice spikes..
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-09-11 06:58:06  

Ow my sperm!
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-11 11:55:54  
FYI:

My linkshell and a few random people decided to try Abyssea EXP in Attowha early today. There's a bunch (lots) of miniature worm mobs just West of the Tor, on the Eastern half of the map.

They have very low HP, but do aggro and link, and of course cast potent earth-based nukes. Biggest problem is that they do not grant Azure (blue) lights from magic (or any other) killshots. This is analogous to Pachypodiums and Blood Bats in Tahrongi not granting any Ruby (red) lights at all.

Thusly, our group didn't get Time Extensions from blue chests. One proposed solution would be to earn Azure lights from another mob type, prior to starting in on the worms. You'll still want BLMs in your alliance, because Sleepga is fairly mandatory for the linking/casting worms, and they resisted Repose (didn't have a BRD in the group).

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-11 12:04:53  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Bismarck.Helixx said:
All I can say is: I saw a bird camp, gdi D:

Just bring a ton of warriors with that amnesia GA!

This actually proc'd a lot on those corpselights in Tahrongi. Had 3 WARs in PT with Vermeil and they got Amnesia'd a lot lol
By Halfpint 2010-09-11 13:43:24  
someone in my LS said the feet and legs are in the Buburimu Maw (Attowa Chasm area) but you have to use "resistance notes" to purchase them. And then Magicians to bring them to the +2 level everyone is drooling over...I have yet to see any information on exactly what these trials will be..
 Caitsith.Entourage
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Entourage
By Caitsith.Entourage 2010-09-11 21:42:30  
I have to say the sperm camp (dyrbbuk?) in kon is my favorite so far. it used to be the lizard camp because of easy ruby, however last night I found that the sperms give azure. we had just started and capped azure and pearl... then I tried a jinpu killshot and sure enough, amber. it's best to have the rest of the alliance kill as normal and just have 1 DD sacrifice his damage for elemental ws killshots.

after we had 30 amber (didn't take long at all if you have a competent killshotter), we were getting big item chests probably every 4th mob (if that). I personally got 4/5 eve key items and 2/3 Kulkulan key items in about 2 hrs. there were a couple duplicates (saw 3 hippogrif key items). Additionally, we saw two -5%/-5% dark rings and a decent MDB tower shield.

Contrary to common belief, we did not see less TE's and other chests, it was pretty well spread out.

I'd definitely recommend this camp to any good group... pickups may have trouble with it (we had 8 people in the alliance in our LS, including Peroperopero, a relic MNK).

- watch out for random Turul spawns, have a good kiter be ready for him to run around the mountain to de-pop him. There is no good camp really, just stay close to the mountain.
 Titan.Cripnicc
サーバ: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-15 12:41:51  
Kinda surprised ppl havent commented more on the new exp camps. I'm looking for some info on good new exp camps. I am leading a group to abyssea - misareaux tonight so would be interested if ppl had info on exp camps there.

I did exp camp there (abyssea - misareaux) once before on the birds it went well would prolly do it again if i cant find info on anywhere else. The birds hit pretty damn hard but with tank there shouldnt be a problem.

Leviathan.Anbu
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-15 12:52:10  
Halfpint said:
someone in my LS said the feet and legs are in the Buburimu Maw (Attowa Chasm area) but you have to use "resistance notes" to purchase them. And then Magicians to bring them to the +2 level everyone is drooling over...I have yet to see any information on exactly what these trials will be..

lol man try http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org all the answers to you r questions are there GL o.0
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-15 12:55:46  
I did crawlers in Attohwa getting pearl off them was slow as hell not a good mob to xp off imo. I did birds in misareaux also those were decent.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-15 20:17:09  
Could you update this to include some spots in Vunkerl? I just made the most failtastic party in there ever. I'm actually ashamed by how bad it went. That place is pure evil.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-15 20:51:02  
just a lil info i got while spectating in miseraux while doing the f-in sausage quest... I saw parties of JUST SIX exping off of the spiral murex mobs (on my server those shells are 70k per, as they are used in leg seal quest) and they were getting the GIANT gold chests..so they were obviously not hurting for light builds...and they would go at it for long periods of time at a clip....

also on a side note...i was roasting sausages, and decided to kill a DC cluster...i killed ONLY ONE MOB and got a TE chest..... exploit on lights maybe?
 Fenrir.Eneas
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-09-16 07:19:05  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
just a lil info i got while spectating in miseraux while doing the f-in sausage quest... I saw parties of JUST SIX exping off of the spiral murex mobs (on my server those shells are 70k per, as they are used in leg seal quest) and they were getting the GIANT gold chests..so they were obviously not hurting for light builds...and they would go at it for long periods of time at a clip....

also on a side note...i was roasting sausages, and decided to kill a DC cluster...i killed ONLY ONE MOB and got a TE chest..... exploit on lights maybe?

On what job?
 Leviathan.Anbu
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-09-16 07:30:22  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

I have seen this also. Maybe you can get decent xp off 6 man party Idk if people have even tried to party 6 man in abyssea...

Edit: I have partied in abyssea by the time the party was over I had full light and decided to solo (i was on Blu) I was getting gold boxes and TE with no problem...but I had full lights though.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-16 07:37:42  
Sorry I havent updated OP in awhile, been busy trying to get my AF!!

I'll get started on it though. Please share your experience with exp camps in the new areas, what mobs, weakness, resistance, lights, exp, drop like AF's and such!
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-16 07:38:47  
Fenrir.Eneas said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

On what job?

I was on sam/war...there are some that are DC-- to 85 (which is the one i chose to rape) and I just overwhelmed it with SC dmg and WS dmg using Sekk/Sengi combo

and the parties i've seen low-man abyssea (lulz that 6 person party is now low-man for exp in abyssea) was like pld/nin's + thfs + whm + sch(or rdm) + bst...bst was always in there for Dipper Yuly, because the spiral shells on my server are 70k a pop....and used for pld/blu/whatever leg seals (do want blu!!!)
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-09-16 07:46:12  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Fenrir.Eneas said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

On what job?

I was on sam/war...there are some that are DC-- to 85 (which is the one i chose to rape) and I just overwhelmed it with SC dmg and WS dmg using Sekk/Sengi combo

and the parties i've seen low-man abyssea (lulz that 6 person party is now low-man for exp in abyssea) was like pld/nin's + thfs + whm + sch(or rdm) + bst...bst was always in there for Dipper Yuly, because the spiral shells on my server are 70k a pop....and used for pld/blu/whatever leg seals (do want blu!!!)

ok thanks, i will try to involve someone from my social to try farm something today or tomorrow, the only problem is really know which NM drop which seals (im after paladin). I dont really want to waste hours repeating tedious quest, and also i would like to get the feet out from the boxes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2010-09-16 08:23:30  
Abyssea - Misareaux

Target: Coastal Colibri.

GOGOGOGOGO
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-16 08:39:04  
Ok. OP is updated with the info I've found here now, as well as my own info.

Please keep posting your camps and experience on here and I will update when there's anything to update.
 Phoenix.Juggalo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-09-16 08:43:37  
Thanks for the update. Really looking forward to some good Vunkerl spots being found since I need the DRG piece there.
 Ifrit.Myori
user: Myori
By Ifrit.Myori 2010-09-16 09:50:07  
Dont know if its posted but I don't believe the coastal colibri give ruby light. They also seemed to resist magic quite a bit (although they do not reflect) , so sometimes sleeping was an issue. They also link.
 Bahamut.Xiza
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Xiza
By Bahamut.Xiza 2010-09-18 02:41:23  
can you get azure on the murex mobs i saw some being fought but curious if its worth trying to get time for nms. don't recall all the boxes besides lots of gold lol
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-18 02:46:19  
Bahamut.Xiza said:
can you get azure on the murex mobs i saw some being fought but curious if its worth trying to get time for nms. don't recall all the boxes besides lots of gold lol
I got azure off the ones in Mis. Coast. However. people could just be farming them because (on my sever) it's 80k for the quest to get Certain Leg pieces.
 Lakshmi.Naveyah
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Naveyah 2010-09-18 03:46:34  
I've partied on Ignus Eruca's and they spat out pearl pretty quick, we also did about 10 zantetsukens back to back and in that time we capped out our pearl, I know not everyone will have access to that luxory but, hey just saying :3 they were good.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-18 04:17:24  
Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume said:
Abyssea - Misareaux

Target: Coastal Colibri.

GOGOGOGOGO
AF3/pop item farming only, *** don't give ruby light.

Cockatrice in Attowha work well, grant all lights. Need mages that don't suck for Stona/Silena though. Straight west of the Tor. Also appear to have some kind of EXP bonus - they cap at 640/kill.
 Bismarck.Helixx
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-09-18 05:16:30  
Yeah I had an amazing cockatrice camp. And the best thing is: they are VERY weak to Aero5. (weak to wind damage)

We caped exp at 640 after 2h, however we ran out of time as TE where really really greedy. Easy to pull, easy to kill, sleepable by BRD COR and BLM and WHM easily.

As blm/rdm 85 I was able to put out 2k+ Aero5. (Atma of heavens + COR)

Only problem: Silence and pertify. Have healers that can silena and stona fast.
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-18 05:22:07  
We had same issue on crawlers last night, REALLY greedy with the time chests. We were getting a hell of a lot of blue chests, but none of them were time :/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-18 05:33:50  
Bismarck.Helixx said:
Yeah I had an amazing cockatrice camp. And the best thing is: they are VERY weak to Aero5. (weak to wind damage)

We caped exp at 640 after 2h, however we ran out of time as TE where really really greedy. Easy to pull, easy to kill, sleepable by BRD COR and BLM and WHM easily.

As blm/rdm 85 I was able to put out 2k+ Aero5. (Atma of heavens + COR)

Only problem: Silence and pertify. Have healers that can silena and stona fast.
I'm inclined to chalk that up to bad luck. We left with about as much time as we entered with and could have easily made positive time if we weren't trying to farm AF3 feet. We were in there for a bit more than six hours, for what it's worth.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-18 06:10:38  
OP updated.
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-09-18 06:35:26  
We are at the moment exping at Miseraux Killing frigate birds, exp sometimes goes up to 610 (higer cap).
They link.
Dropped 2 BST feet in 4+ hours.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-18 06:42:44  
Fenrir.Eneas said:
We are at the moment exping at Miseraux Killing frigate birds, exp sometimes goes up to 610 (higer cap).
They link.
Dropped 2 BST feet in 4+ hours.
/poke

Need a haster/light curer/chest ***? :P