Brd + Teal = ?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Brd + Teal = ?
Brd + Teal = ?
First Page 2 3 4
 Remora.Belius
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-08-11 21:31:25  
So, I hit 80 BRD because I'm sick of nobody wanting to play the job and making the impossible, very possible.

Now I have a few questions to make event BRDing easier and you know, get songs to stick on Gods and stuff.

I understand that Skill > CHR and you should always put more skill to reach further caps of songs.

What I don't get is how M.Acc pairs up to skill and Chr.

For example, would you use Choral Cuffs or Teal gloves?

At the minute, I'm just tealing it for the -10% and -5% recast on songs for buffs, like Ballad and ACC, but stacking skill into songs like March.

But I'm not really sure what to use for debuffs.. Macc or skill gear? Teal or AF?

I do have limbus, but the proirity isn't on +1 anything at the minute. Need a brutul/locq/musical and then going on to bst+1 and then brding.
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-08-11 21:40:24  
there are quite a bit of threads on this subject me thinks.

Check this one:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/11797/bards-and-macc/

Summing it up on wind instrumented debuffs:
1 macc = 1 singing skill = 2 chr = 3 wind skill

This is my current line of thought after finding the information i posted on that thread.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 21:45:09  
personally as brd I use this for debuff
ex for elegy

Terra's Staff
Earth Grip
Horn +1
Ixion Cloak
wind Torque
Musical Earring
Wind Earring
Omega ring
Nereid ring
Choral cuffs +1
jester cape +1
corsette +1
Teal slops
Oracle pigaches

and I get no resist.
I have no singing/wind merit
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-11 21:46:17  
Assuming you're talking purely for debuffs, MACC > CHR > Skill. Skill for BRD isn't like skill for other mages, since your accuracy comes from both singing skill and wind/string skill. What that means is that one skill gives roughly .5 MACC rather than 1 MACC.

In other words, 1 MACC : 2 CHR : 2 Skill. Omega Ring (4.5 MACC) should be used over Nereid Ring (1.5 MACC), etc.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 21:47:53  
tried to input my set image but didnt worked lol, fixed though
 Alexander.Temaruma
サーバ: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-08-11 21:48:06  
holy ninja edit batman
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 21:50:30  
So yeah, only usefull piece for brd (from what I think) teal chapeau/teal feet(if no mahatma) for SS and teal slops for debuff thats it.I found af [choral cuffs or choral cuff +1] more usefull then teal
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 21:53:27  
The better your gear, the worse Teal stuff gets for BRD.

For debuff there are better things for every slot, and for Buffing you simply shouldn't use Teal. A Sha'ir manteel set would be faster, and as there is no skill on Teal, it's useless for a max skill set.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 21:58:44  
The legs are ok for debuff, though Marduk's Shalwar are still better.

But all in all, it's pretty trashy tbh.
 Kujata.Nours
サーバ: Kujata
user: sruon
By Kujata.Nours 2010-08-11 22:00:18  
You don't have yigit according to your player page, teal full set = yigit body as far as spellcasting time goes.

That's about the only use for it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:00:20  
Perfect rings for debuff would be Balrahns and Omega, Nereids are better than CHR rings though.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-11 22:00:54  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Perfect rings for debuff would be Balrahns and Omega, Nereids are better than CHR rings though.
Nereid are equal to +3 CHR rings.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:01:23  
Kujata.Nours said:
You don't have yigit according to your player page, teal full set = yigit body as far as spellcasting time goes.

That's about the only use for it.

Which shows how crap it is lol, you have to give up skill in hands, legs, feet and head to get the effect of one other piece >.>
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:02:22  
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Nereid are equal to +3 CHR rings.

I don't agree with the math done on that. I've had far more favourable results with Nereids. And many people agree.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 22:04:01  
I think that the new cape with CHR+8 magic acc+4 is now better then jester cape +1 tho, being too lazy to buy it xD
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:05:26  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
I think that the new cape with CHR+8 magic acc+4 is now better then jester cape +1 tho, being too lazy to buy it xD

Heh, yeah that cape is nice. I got an Aristo belt from one of my first abyssea runs, It's pretty nice.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-11 22:06:27  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I've had far more favourable results with Nereids.
So you're trying to say you see a visible difference going from a 5 CHR ring to a 3 skill ring, even though that's, at most, 1 MACC difference, or .5% stick rate? You would have to cast 200 spells on average for anything to change, and even then, a parser wouldn't even make it clear that anything did change.

If I'm wrong, then Nereid is 3 MACC while CHR+5 rings are +2.5. That's half a MACC difference, or .25% better stick rate. 400 spells for any change, you would not have seen that happen.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:08:24  
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
So you're trying to say you see a visible difference going from a 5 CHR ring to a 3 skill ring, even though that's, at most, 1 MACC difference, or .5% stick rate? You would have to cast 200 spells on average for anything to change, and even then, a parser wouldn't even make it clear that anything did change.

If I'm wrong, then Nereid is 3 MACC while CHR+5 rings are +2.5. That's half a MACC difference, or .25% better stick rate. 400 spells for any change, you would not have seen that happen.

It's been parsed by multiple sources. Buffs land easier with Nereids > chr+5. I'd like to see the source on your math too.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 22:09:07  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Heh, yeah that cape is nice. I got an Aristo belt from one of my first abyssea runs, It's pretty nice.
I want the marching belt, but no clue what aristo is? I know there is a new brd belt but it gives exac same chr as gleemans or corsette +1
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-11 22:09:57  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

It's been parsed by multiple sources. Buffs land easier with Nereids > chr+5. I'd like to see the source on your math too.
Well okay, you go on believing BRD is twice as accurate with debuffs as RDM.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:10:53  
Aristo Belt

Pretty high drop rate too.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:11:18  
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Again; source your math.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 22:12:16  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Aristo Belt Pretty high drop rate too.
yeah, exac same chr, dont worth giving me headache lol
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-11 22:12:22  
@Flion:what happened to you going to bed.
you are up way past your eastern hemisphere bedtime.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-11 22:13:09  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Again; source your math.
I shouldn't have to. It's common sense. BRD does not have 550+ MACC.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:13:47  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

It's got 2 more lol.
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Moth flew into my room and scared me, now I'm working out moth destruction tactics.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-11 22:14:41  
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Again; source your math.
I shouldn't have to. It's common sense. BRD does not have 550+ MACC.

So the exact math is common sense? Once again you're making up math that hasn't been tested therefore you have no idea.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-08-11 22:15:39  
BTW nereid is 2.7 magic acc is omega is 4.5 magic acc and toAU ring is 4 magic acc. so yeah combo toauring/omega is best but if you dont have both nereid does great, anyway all bard should have nereid, its good for march
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-11 22:16:22  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

It's got 2 more lol.
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Moth flew into my room and scared me, now I'm working out moth destruction tactics.
Now I know your weakness.
You shall never survive.
First Page 2 3 4