Suggestions On Improvement.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Suggestions on improvement.
Suggestions on improvement.
 Caitsith.Lostprophet
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Lostprophet 2010-07-29 20:09:33  
Tp set

WS Set

Cerberus.Lumei
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Lumei
By Cerberus.Lumei 2010-07-29 20:16:20  
TP:Brutal Earring, Suppanomimi, Homam Hands or HQ Dusk hands, and Homam Feet or HQ Dusk boots would be an improvement.
 Asura.Poupee
サーバ: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-07-29 20:20:23  
New daggers prob. if anything can always do the trial one's.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-07-29 20:33:29  
Caitsith.Lostprophet said:
Tp set

WS Set

Cerberus.Lumei said:
TP:Brutal Earring, Suppanomimi, Dusk hands.
Asura.Poupee said:
New daggers prob. if anything can always do the trial one's.

Also, dont use that cape on DE or Mandalic stab, just Evis.
WS Gorgets would be better for those aswell, and potentially Evis, depending on how much those dex would do for your crit rate etc.

I listed the easiest upgrades, those will improve you quite alot.

Edit: Fire bomblet when you arent pulling\needing the crossbow!
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-07-30 13:27:37  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Also, dont use that cape on DE or Mandalic stab, just Evis.
WS Gorgets would be better for those aswell, and potentially Evis, depending on how much those dex would do for your crit rate etc.

I listed the easiest upgrades, those will improve you quite alot.

Edit: Fire bomblet when you arent pulling needing the crossbow!

Not true on Mandalic Stab, SA Forces a critical hit on the first hit so if he's Stacking SA/Mandalic Stab with that cape it will enhance the number of the WS Damage, But for DE You're correct the bonus from that cap on the first hit only wouldn't out-weigh most other cape bonuses.

WS Gorgets are very very useful for mainly their Accuracy purposes when it comes to THF..

And now for my points:

You need new Daggers, badly, those suck such tremendous *** that i can only assume that cap cries itself to sleep every night.

Being Mean and jealous ranting aside,i'm here to help: If you're tight on time i suggest a Blau, its price has dropped and a very good placeholder until you finish some Magian trials. I suggest doing the DEX-Kila path, Tremendous accuracy and superb DoT, you can work on two at a time and get them both done simultaneously. You can also work on a STR-Kila for situations where you don't need -as much- accuracy.

Blau-Sirocco is your best combo if you're too lazy to do Magian trials, If you don't want to do both a STR and DEX Kila, i would just do two DEX Kilas at the same time, they give almost +30Acc in the weapon slot alone, which will free up most THF's to use Full-haste gear on a vast majority more of enemies (which is a no-no if you're not capping accuracy :O!).

FOR TP:

Hands: Get dusk gloves, ditch the Aurore, 5DEX =/= 1% Haste, You can stash them for Sneak Attack Macro, but don't use beyond that. Not to sound mean but you have a Velocious belt you should understand the value of Haste to a THF

Earrings: Either get Coral or Mermans if you don't have Suppa/Brutal/Aesir/Ethereal or basically any other main-stream earring that useful. At the very least you need to toss that Harvest Earring into the pits of a SATA Macro and replace it with Coral/Mermans in terms of buyable items.

Rings: If you don't have a Rajas Ring that combo is fine, if you DO own a Rajas ring (or are going to soon) Rajas/Acc+5/7 ring is wonderful.

Feet: Assuming you don't have Homam feet, those feet are fine until you can get your hands on some Haste+3 Feet armor.

WeaponSkill:

Head: The head armor is fine for WS, Obviously things to try and upgrade too would be Hecatomb, but that may be out of your reach

Neck: As been said, WS Gorget give +10acc to all hits and a small bonus to damage on the first hit of the WS, good for anything that isn't Mercy Stroke.

Earrings: the CHR+2Acc+3 Is an okay earring for Dancing Edge, Harvest Earrings is fine too if you're Stacking with SA or TA, but outside of SA/TA Stacking you should consider one of the Atk+5/6/7 Earrings for WS unstacked, as the 40% of 1DMG you get from the Harvest earring for SA isn't going to help a lot... the ATK+5/6/7 Earrings might even be better WITH SA/TA :| i don't know the exact maths though =(

Body:Obvious upgrades, Dragon Harness+1 for basically everything where your accuracy is fine, Antares Harness for situations where you need the accuracy, Aurore if you're light on cash and want an accuracy SA/TA/WS Armor and cannot afford Antares.

Rings: Rings are fine, 2xDEX Rings for SA, 2xAGI for TA (Assuming of course you have none of the R/ex rings like Rajas for SA), seems fine unless you're in desperate need for Acc then i'd use Accuracy rings instead on Trick Attack.

Back: For SA/TA That cape is fine (I don't know the bonuses but if its >10% its funderful). for WS's outside of Mandalic Stab and Evisc, i would suggest using your Amemet Mantle+1, The Attack bonus will help you very nicely, Foragers if you can upgrade.

Waist: Warwolf Belt is acceptable, i still use it when my accuracy is fine!

Legs: Try to get Tumbler's Trunks for WS, Fk'ing amazing piece of armor all around for THF Weaponskills. outside of that a lesser upgrade would be Oily Trousers (Which plummeted thanks to the first suggestion).

Feet: Fine for SA and WS, Obvious upgrades would be Hecatomb if you can achieve them.

(Please note if i say SA or TA without specifying a weaponskill it is still indeed about weaponskills for the most part)

Theres a lot of upgrades i didn't list becase they're R/ex and you may not have the resources to get them, a few would be AF+1 for TA things, Heca for obvious slots (Not body though!!!), and etc.

Oh and as a closing note i can't stress this enough

Get new daggers! At the very least NPC that screw-up weapon heartsnatcher! Azoth/Blau, Blau/Siroco, Blau/??? Anything but Heartsnatcher is fine! The above are good placeholders until you can finish a Magian Dagger!
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-07-30 15:10:43  
Asura.Karbuncle said:

Back: For SA/TA That cape is fine (I don't know the bonuses but if its >10% its funderful). for WS's outside of Mandalic Stab and Evisc, i would suggest using your Amemet Mantle+1, The Attack bonus will help you very nicely, Foragers if you can upgrade.

Super rudimentary testing with ranged attacks suggests it's ~3% increase in damage.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-07-30 18:21:15  
Then i would suggest using Even Amemet+1 or Foragers over that.

Because thats really really awful
 Unicorn.Ulquiorra
サーバ: Unicorn
user: HodeUp
By Unicorn.Ulquiorra 2010-07-30 19:53:02  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
I suggest doing the DEX-Kila path, Tremendous accuracy and superb DoT, you can work on two at a time and get them both done simultaneously.

99% sure you can't do two of the same trial at once. But, that aside, work on this dagger. It's really up near the top of the heap for THF atm.

Other options to consider dagger-wise:

Auric Dagger: Because faster is better. Testing puts this at Dual-Wield +%5 iirc.

Fusetto (Store TP): If you don't have a Rajas Ring, this is your best bet for dropping an attack round off your TP build. Plus this trial is easy imo.

As far as the rest of the gear, pretty much go with what Karbuncle said above. Only other suggestion would be Mirke with Acc +10 and Dual-Wield +3% if you haven't already tied up your ACP reward elsewhere.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-30 20:21:12  
^ What they said about daggers.

I don't know if you'll get them from your shell, but assuming you have gil to throw around you could try get your hands on a Love torque. Will beat sea gorgets on most THF WS. Also, a Pixie earring/Delta earring are pretty nice to have. Fire bomblet for TP/Thew for WS.
That back piece is pretty awful aside from Evis, but you'd need a pretty good +crit rate set to make evis work properly. Forager's would be a good upgrade for you if you can afford it. Similarly Cuchulain's mantle/belt. I'd replace that Harvest earring with some attack or acc+ earring, whatever's available (Suppa if you have/can get DM done).
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-07-30 21:55:58  
Unicorn.Ulquiorra said:

99% sure you can't do two of the same trial at once. But, that aside, work on this dagger. It's really up near the top of the heap for THF atm.

Well it appears you can work on two of the same weapon at a time, just not the same trial, who knew =(

Also Auric Dagger is relatively easy to obtain as long as you have a good tank, RDM/SCH or PLD/??? is fine as long as they have a solid MDB/MDT Set, the NM is kinda a push-over even for people with no Wyrm experience as long as you have half a brain.

Fusetto is a nice alternative as well, its a lot tougher to do than it looks but its quicker than other trials.

I can agree with most of those, hell i flat out forgot about Auric despite owning one ~.~;;