Upcoming THF, Gear Suggestions?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Upcoming THF, Gear Suggestions?
Upcoming THF, Gear Suggestions?
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-07-29 13:11:33  
Well, I've put off THF ever since the update came along, and it's sitting at 54 right now. But with this whole Abyssea EXP craze, I've been thinking of using Abyssea and chest whoring as THF for EXP to get it to 80 in the next coming month, and I was wondering how my gear would look at 80, and what I should focus on obtaining.

Only melee job I have on this char is BLU, which compliments THF's gear choices quite a bit. Anyway, here's the gear sets I'd be using for TP/WS:

TP Phase:

WS:

I realize my WS set may cut short on ACC, I haven't really checked to see what kind of hit rate it's at, but I could always swap in the correct gear for it to work. ie. ACC ring over Flame, etc. Also, I might be getting the AMK Helm with STR+4/WS Acc+15/Acc+10/Atk+5, so that would fix any problems with it.

Now, I'm wondering what gear I should be looking to obtain in the future to make my sets better, besides the obvious Hecatomb/Homam/Ocelot's pieces.

Edit: I keep thinking I missed some sort of easy to obtain piece of gear that would make my THF better, so please point it out if I have.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-29 15:46:30  
TP set looks solid, just a few upgrade when you get a chance, like Homam feet/Toreadors ring, I assume you probably have an acc+ body piece if you need it. For WS aside from Hecatomb pieces, I'd invest in a DEX ring over Flame due to high DEX mods. Accuracy generally isn't much of an issue since with SA the first hit usually carries the bulk of the damage. You could get a Delta earring (I think that's the right one) and maybe a cuchulain's mantle/belt. Also a set for TA with AGI mods wouldn't hurt either.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-07-30 13:38:06  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
TP set looks solid, just a few upgrade when you get a chance, like Homam feet/Toreadors ring, I assume you probably have an acc+ body piece if you need it. For WS aside from Hecatomb pieces, I'd invest in a DEX ring over Flame due to high DEX mods. Accuracy generally isn't much of an issue since with SA the first hit usually carries the bulk of the damage. You could get a Delta earring (I think that's the right one) and maybe a cuchulain's mantle/belt. Also a set for TA with AGI mods wouldn't hurt either.

Can agree mostly with this, I would suggest DEX rings as well, unless you own a Mandau a +5DMG boost during SA, or the 30% mod in DE/Evis and higher in Mand.stab for WS stacked or Unstacked from a DEX will ring will also beat STR+5.

Other than that i don't see anything wrong, There are obvious upgrades you might not need me to explain but

For weaponskills, Heca hat/arms/feet, Tumbler's Trunks for legs are beastly for WS/SA/TA(because of the Atk boost for TA).

Your melee armor set is fine, upgrade the feet to Homam when you can (or any other Haste+3 feet Armor).

I'd suggest upgrading your Blau into a Kila at some point, if you're using your Blau for the Acc (goodboy) you'll want to upgrade a DEX-Kila, if you're using it for attack (..?) you'll want to upgrade a STR-Kila.

either way Kilas jiz-sparkle on pretty much every non-relic Dagger combo at the moment, Mostly the DEX-Kila thanks to its amazing ability to have both wonderful DPS and almost +16 accuracy per-knife allows you to free up other armor slots for more haste/etc or just plain cap your accuracy on harder mobs allowing you to switch from Sushi to Pizza, or on Some mobs pizza to meat =o
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-07-30 14:21:04  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Can agree mostly with this, I would suggest DEX rings as well, unless you own a Mandau a +5DMG boost during SA, or the 30% mod in DE/Evis and higher in Mand.stab for WS stacked or Unstacked from a DEX will ring will also beat STR+5.

Other than that i don't see anything wrong, There are obvious upgrades you might not need me to explain but

For weaponskills, Heca hat/arms/feet, Tumbler's Trunks for legs are beastly for WS/SA/TA(because of the Atk boost for TA).

Your melee armor set is fine, upgrade the feet to Homam when you can (or any other Haste+3 feet Armor).

I'd suggest upgrading your Blau into a Kila at some point, if you're using your Blau for the Acc (goodboy) you'll want to upgrade a DEX-Kila, if you're using it for attack (..?) you'll want to upgrade a STR-Kila.

either way Kilas jiz-sparkle on pretty much every non-relic Dagger combo at the moment, Mostly the DEX-Kila thanks to its amazing ability to have both wonderful DPS and almost +16 accuracy per-knife allows you to free up other armor slots for more haste/etc or just plain cap your accuracy on harder mobs allowing you to switch from Sushi to Pizza, or on Some mobs pizza to meat =o

Oh yeah, I'll definitely grab up a DEX ring then, I'm not sure what made me think STR would out do it, I forgot DEX ups the actual base D in the formula for SA, and even going up an fSTR wouldn't outdo it in that case I believe? /shrug, I'll grab one.

The reason I have Blau offhand is because it's just temporary, I can't start magian daggers yet. (My THF is 54, but I already have all this gear that I listed ready for use at 75-80.

Edit: THF is actually 63 now, gogo Abyssea leeching.

Edit2: THF is 75 now, Abyssea sup.
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2010-08-13 01:10:07  
your tp set is missing a lot of acc. use the 6 attack 6 acc bomblet over thew bomblet for sure
 Bismarck.Luces
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2010-08-16 15:15:24  
Threw bomblet is the only a thf can use.

Secondly You should be using a crossbow and bolts on thf not a bomblet. If your soloing or tanking the evasion + boomerang is nice, but if your doing salvage or dyna acid bolts are going to be what you use the most of.
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-08-16 15:36:26  
Bismarck.Luces said:
Threw bomblet is the only a thf can use.

Secondly You should be using a crossbow and bolts on thf not a bomblet. If your soloing or tanking the evasion + boomerang is nice, but if your doing salvage or dyna acid bolts are going to be what you use the most of.

As a THF the only time you'll EVER be using xbow and bolts are when solo'n, other than that you should be using one of the bombs, "Bomb Core, Fire Bomblet, Thew Bomblet"... And def. need to get Fire Bomblet as it's > Thew Bomblet for THF. And Aurore Body until either Homam Body or Hecatomb.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-16 15:52:14  
Acid Bolts will often do more for your group than a DD ammo will for your THF alone (hell, they'll do more for your THF too). Depends on whether you can expect Angon/def down weapons/Frightful Roar and if Acid Bolts will proc.