フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » New BLM armor
New BLM armor
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-21 21:46:26  
Siren.Krystale said:
thinking about it...is morrigan set gimp now?

Not really no.

And again about aquaveil its fkin strong now O.O. crown control as blm w/o spell interrupts just when stoneskin breaks just got a whole lot easier.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 21:46:54  
Fairy.Basilo said:
Trying an EP red kisser... seems to of done well over 1k dmg without aquaveil wearing.
Huh start at the begining. They changed aquaveil how?
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-21 21:49:02  
How about you read from the beginning lol I did start from the "beginning" a few posts before.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 21:52:08  
You kinda started saying you were testing aquaviel. Nothing about what for just that it seems like its 100% chance to land spell as long as its up and seems to wear off from certain amount of dmg.... but it's kinda scattered and filling in
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-21 22:00:37  
Its just in a few different posts, they were very clear and its not scattered just came in pieces as I tested it.

And remember I before E except after V apparently.

Also lvl99 sorc ring proc gear list is gonna be lame for any race other than taru.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 22:01:39  
Oh must be in another thread I didn't read then. Is what I wrote what you meant then?
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-21 22:12:53  
Ill make it clearer :

>protect/food/aquaveil/etc not blink phalanx or stoneskin
>bind marid
>step into melee range and start tier4 asap.

The following lines were displayed :

>Aquaveil wears off
> <name> takes 188dmg
> <name> takes 177dmg

Spell went off fine, and the marid checked as tough btw.

I assumed on this test it perhaps capped at 350dmg from any level mob for a guaranteed 0% spell interrupt.

The next test was :

Trying an EP red kisser... seems to of done well over 1k dmg without aquaveil wearing and no spell interrupts till I stopped at 1.2kish dmg.

But then I tested another marid also tough and Aquaveil didnt seem to wear for about 800dmg still no where near as much as the EP leech though.
 Leviathan.Cymmina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2010-06-22 15:13:11  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
hmm so that body IS better than the Teal? >.> I'm still kinda hur hur hur when it comes to damage mechanics ><
10 MAB vs 4MAB and 6int? Yeah 6MAB beats 6int on dmg pretty much on any blm spell that you will be casting in any situation I can think of.

Granted There is the whole macc issue and what will t5 spells be like. I mean what if the int multiplier on T5 is 3 (its 2 on T4 and AM2) but the base dmg of them is not much higher than say thunder IV? And will greater amounts of MAB available and traits mess with that too?

Anyways what I use is a broken down form of the dmg formula to compare how much int 1 MAB is worth for a particular spell.

Xint= (V Mdint)/(M*100*MAB)

Where MAB would belike 1.32 nekkid as a blm with no merits.

M is Tier multiplier and V of course is the base dmg of the spell.

But with this much change in gear it will be changing parts of the formula a bit. And while dint wont change much and changes in it wont change the ratio much given the base dmg of the spells are so high... MAB tier multipler and spell values will change it alot.

So would probably be best to plug and chug in the dmg formula

You didn't run actual numbers, did you before coming to this conclusion?

http://mdh.gamependium.com/misc/magiccalc.html
http://mdh.gamependium.com/misc/2010_06_gear.txt (results)

Morrigan's > Teal > Yhel+1 for this particular gear set. If you have an augmented weskit that already beats a Morrigan's, then it probably still wins. There may be a set that allows Yhel+1 to win, but it isn't this one.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-22 16:18:04  
Leviathan.Cymmina said:
You didn't run actual numbers, did you before coming to this conclusion?

http://mdh.gamependium.com/misc/magiccalc.html

http://mdh.gamependium.com/misc/2010_06_gear.txt (results)

Morrigan's > Teal > Yhel 1 for this particular gear set. If you have an augmented weskit that already beats a Morrigan's, then it probably still wins. There may be a set that allows Yhel 1 to win, but it isn't this one.
Already said I just used the ratios. And purposely stayed away from expansion peices and HQ zenith which are the only 2 peices different you have on your set lol.

Weird ffxi isn't adding right at all. Puts you 37 gear MAB when even without the head (which it obviously wouldn't count) it is 39... int is right (before head) at 35

Anyways doing the math myself with the set you showed for blizz4 using HQ staffs with and with/out ugg pendant or day/weather on puddings... yes I realize by that lvl they will suck but just as an example.

morri: 1621 (1643)
teal: 1601 (1625)
yehl+1: 1620 (1640)
weskit with 6int: 1617 (1641)

So clearly morri wins followed by yehl+1 when no ugg weskit when ugg active (though all 3 pretty close) and teal trailing a decent amount behind. The first 3 are close enough where a small difference in dint from say a different mob or race merits food etc can tip the balance easy.

But I can't think of a situation where NQ weskit with 6 int beats yehl+1 AND morri. I mean for it to beat morri that would mean that 1 more MAB was worth more than 2 int... and if that were true then the 4 more MAB on yehl would be more than 8int give or take.

I'll do AM2 when I have time. Also noticed on your set you said tested with all the various staffs. Just to make it clear +%staff dmg has no affect on the ratio of int to MAB. So the only half way decent staffs that would affect that is ice/aquillo slightly and mythic.

Anyways what did you use to get weskit>morri>lolteal>yehl+1?

Oh and I completely didn't even factor in the magic crit hit from yehl one bit which averages out to .5MAB
 Leviathan.Dubont
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-22 16:26:43  
I'm guessing the weskit>morri>teal>yhel is b/c of..MACC? Seeing as how Yhel has no form of int or Macc..its just straight dmg with no acc to it.

just a guess