users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » New BLM armor
New BLM armor
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2010-06-21 19:38:42  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
true. I don't think there will be much to beat out those feet though even though they are ex
Still room for hand upgrades too

The only problem I see is that 10MAB body piece, it looks craftable, does that mean future augs for it? Through FoV? something else?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 19:38:56  
Ok for blizz/thunder IV with 0 morri and no HQ zenith mitts this looks like it will be the most dmg.

Also 6int on NQ weskit is just about as good for T4. Actually about the same dmg but alot more macc. Also I've seen 4int on NQ gloves if that was on HQ...

Alot of new MAB peices are pretty damn close to the new int peices as is. Which is the ones that are about even right now I didn't put on since the greater amount of MAB will make it favor int slightly. However that does mean that for AM2 alot of the more MAB peices will win.

Like the 4MAB head and the 4MAB feet 3MAB neck/waist.

Carbuncle.Singhay
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Singhay
By Carbuncle.Singhay 2010-06-21 19:39:23  
I know i wouldn't be happy if i owned 1
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-21 19:44:48  
Hmm, now I'm seriously considering not coming back until the caps are finished and crafters develop enough so prices and demand aren't dumbhigh.

But then I guess it would be better to just delete my account ;x, just same ***different year.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-21 19:46:23  

Just pointing out, Head with MCrit+10 and Legs with MAB+4/MCrit+10, totals to +30% MCrit. /shrug, I'm just bored. It might not even be worth using over the previous mentioned sets but for those that already have them besides the new body obviously, go for it. D:
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 19:52:04  
Magic crit is kinda lame. Also the legs give +10% to magic crit dmg... which ends up meaning magic crit goes from +10MAB to +11MAB.

So that means on average assuming using that setup wise strap is .33 MAB:

The head will be 1.1 (though you lose out on 2MAB or 4int on that head to get that.)

That body will be .55 (but cmon the body is just good anyways.

And the waist is .22.

So 2 of those beaten by old stuff easy. 1 with new stuff. 1 with current stuff dependent on Tier of spell.

But you also lose a bit of macc in there
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-21 19:53:45  
Oh man, they boost the damage by 10%? That's pretty useless, I was thinking it boosted the crit rate by 10%. Nevermind the entire setup then, lol.
 Leviathan.Dubont
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 19:54:26  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ok for blizz/thunder IV with 0 morri and no HQ zenith mitts this looks like it will be the most dmg.

Also 6int on NQ weskit is just about as good for T4. Actually about the same dmg but alot more macc. Also I've seen 4int on NQ gloves if that was on HQ...

Alot of new MAB peices are pretty damn close to the new int peices as is. Which is the ones that are about even right now I didn't put on since the greater amount of MAB will make it favor int slightly. However that does mean that for AM2 alot of the more MAB peices will win.

hmm so that body IS better than the Teal? >.> I'm still kinda hur hur hur when it comes to damage mechanics ><
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 19:55:21  
The legs give you another 1MAB on crit the head increases rate by 10%.

By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-21 19:57:54  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

hmm so that body IS better than the Teal? >.> I'm still kinda hur hur hur when it comes to damage mechanics ><

Yes, 10MAB > 4MAB 6INT :: 17 : 12.8 after product rule.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-21 19:58:41  
Teal is just an enhanced ACP Body, nothing special really. (For BLM at least)
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-21 20:00:43  
Yhel makes me feel bad =P.
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2010-06-21 20:02:21  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ok for blizz/thunder IV with 0 morri and no HQ zenith mitts this looks like it will be the most dmg. Also 6int on NQ weskit is just about as good for T4. Actually about the same dmg but alot more macc. Also I've seen 4int on NQ gloves if that was on HQ... Alot of new MAB peices are pretty damn close to the new int peices as is. Which is the ones that are about even right now I didn't put on since the greater amount of MAB will make it favor int slightly. However that does mean that for AM2 alot of the more MAB peices will win. Like the 4MAB head and the 4MAB feet 3MAB neck/waist.

Would depend on the target mind you. The higher int a target has the better the int will be, even on AMIIs. For instance if mobs have int as high as a pudding does then the int boots would do better than the 4mab boots(hardly noticeable) while dropping the int value on the mob would make the mab feet better.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-21 20:03:04  
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ok for blizz/thunder IV with 0 morri and no HQ zenith mitts this looks like it will be the most dmg. Also 6int on NQ weskit is just about as good for T4. Actually about the same dmg but alot more macc. Also I've seen 4int on NQ gloves if that was on HQ... Alot of new MAB peices are pretty damn close to the new int peices as is. Which is the ones that are about even right now I didn't put on since the greater amount of MAB will make it favor int slightly. However that does mean that for AM2 alot of the more MAB peices will win. Like the 4MAB head and the 4MAB feet 3MAB neck/waist.

Would depend on the target mind you. The higher int a target has the better the int will be, even on AMIIs. For instance if mobs have int as high as a pudding does then the int boots would do better than the 4mab boots(hardly noticeable) while dropping the int value on the mob would make the mab feet better.

We know ;x.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 20:05:32  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
10 MAB vs 4MAB and 6int? Yeah 6MAB beats 6int on dmg pretty much on any blm spell that you will be casting in any situation I can think of.

Granted There is the whole macc issue and what will t5 spells be like. I mean what if the int multiplier on T5 is 3 (its 2 on T4 and AM2) but the base dmg of them is not much higher than say thunder IV? And will greater amounts of MAB available and traits mess with that too?

Anyways what I use is a broken down form of the dmg formula to compare how much int 1 MAB is worth for a particular spell.

Xint= (V+Mdint)/(M*100*MAB)

Where MAB would belike 1.32 nekkid as a blm with no merits.

M is Tier multiplier and V of course is the base dmg of the spell.

But with this much change in gear it will be changing parts of the formula a bit. And while dint wont change much and changes in it wont change the ratio much given the base dmg of the spells are so high... MAB tier multipler and spell values will change it alot.

So would probably be best to plug and chug in the dmg formula
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-21 20:09:37  
My train of thought, 7 int belt :< bye bye sorc belt, but wait af3, should we really be rushing to splash out on some of these?

I'll answer my own question, its all relative to how deep our pockets are and how soon we want this stuff, bare in mind of course the cap was 75 for looooong time, when cap 75 gear came out in ToAU for example we didnt know cap would be raised in several years or care back then.

Some of this gear in this update may have a short reign period much like lemg medallion+1 and hecate cape which is only really of use now if you need the 3macc or u want a mab cape for tier4s as rdm idk.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-21 20:11:24  
Is anything going to be capped at 75 to the point where you'll need to keep a 75 set around?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 20:15:53  
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
While true it's effects are very small.

Anyways what I use is a broken down form of the dmg formula to compare how much int 1 MAB is worth for a particular spell.

Xint= (V+Mdint)/(M*100*MAB)

So lets say on puddings my gear gives me 39 dint 85MAB, V value for AM2 is 710 and M is 2. As you can see the base dmg of the spell kinda overshadows dints ability to change the ratio much.

So if you put numbers into that right now on say freeze II on puddings I think that comes out to 2.12.

Now let's lower mobs int by 30 it becomes 2.29. 30 more int and it's 1.96.

As you can see even a change in 60 int (which is a rather lot) has a rather small change in the ratio of MAB to int as far as equivalent dmg goes.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 20:16:10  
Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
Is anything going to be capped at 75 to the point where you'll need to keep a 75 set around?
ISNM and KSNM maybe?
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-21 20:18:24  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
ISNM and KSNM maybe?

>_< Who's going to keep doing them for outdated armor.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 20:19:47  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
ISNM and KSNM maybe?

well I didn't see anything that beats a 50hp-mp ring...so ODS would still be done I think..
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 20:24:52  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
ISNM and KSNM maybe?
well I didn't see anything that beats a 50hp-mp ring...so ODS would still be done I think..
There was a 70 one..
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-21 20:24:59  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
ISNM and KSNM maybe?

I thought about this for a bit and decided that prices wouldnt collapse if they made them uncapped for lvl 80. People still need to farm the seals / imperial standing.

For Puk isnm youll still need 1 sam, 1 brd 1 blm and a healer, more ideally 2 dd. Shout time + piss around time = wont be much faster, be nicer at 80 after doing that puk so many times at 75 but price drops wouldne be because battlefield was uncapped which leads me to believe they may be uncapped all the way to 99.

Also when you enter the battlefield doesnt it say its uncapped, along with the 30mins time limit message? Not that they cant change this to capped at 75.

I ... want them to be uncapped for the lol's but at same time dont want markets on current gears to totally crash for myself or everyone else it kinda sucks.

Remember Bonanza soon anyway so prices gonna crash for a bit when that comes around.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 20:26:08  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
ISNM and KSNM maybe?
There was a 70 one..
oh...I guess I just kinda quit after seeing the elemental rings...
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-21 20:28:05  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
ISNM and KSNM maybe?

I thought we were all sure that salvage gear was augmentable and if so should still triumph, and looking at this new gear it still triumphs most of it anyway. Morri/mardu/usu bodies still need khroma ores people arent about to stop going to Jade Sploocher.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 20:30:45  
Oh and to add to that O and S ingots will be in demand for the new rings/earrings since they are need to make them. The best source for the the harder to get ore for those ingots comes from... yeah KS and IS NMs respectively
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-21 20:55:02  
Woot im in, they have changed what oracle gloves look like, more white-ish now.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-21 21:34:17  
Tested Aquaveil on a marid 188 dmg 177dmg I took as blm standing still with no stoneskin thunder 4 went off, It started hitting me at the start of my cast and aquaveil effect wear off line was displayed just above where I got hit twice.

Atm this seems to actually be following my stoneskin theory :P
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-21 21:36:59  
Trying an EP red kisser... seems to of done well over 1k dmg without aquaveil wearing.
 Siren.Krystale
サーバ: Siren
user: vaness
By Siren.Krystale 2010-06-21 21:42:27  
thinking about it...is morrigan set gimp now?