When Are BLMs Going To Realize PTs On Puddings Are Fail?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » When Are BLMs Going to Realize PTs on Puddings are Fail?
When Are BLMs Going to Realize PTs on Puddings are Fail?
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-13 23:48:16  
60 sec just to kill them... um wow and here I was feeling bad about not precasting in fast cast now I don't so much
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-13 23:48:40  
I swore 1st tick was 20, 10, 10, 10, 10 plus time to run, which why I ran it down to 3. Unless you can rest 6 ticks and Teleport to a pudding.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-13 23:49:36  
Well, go get a chain 6 under the general idea here and I'll stfu.

Edit: More thinking, Chain 6 will probably be possible if you had lantern, and have day bonus kick in and you were able to smash a pudding with 2 spells. 2k Thunder IV and Blizzard IV. But, I doubt that too.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-14 00:17:47  
Bah forgot about why I don't like sch. Dots lol
 Caitsith.Zefiris
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-06-14 00:19:31  
No erase?!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-14 00:26:44  
SCH38, Addendum: White. Definitely puts a slight damper on things :x
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-14 00:26:56  
/sch gets erase at 38...

And gdi as I was going for kill on chain 6 get sleepga2 lol.

Time for next attempt
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-06-14 00:28:09  
Sch... I have the job at 75 and have yet to feel anything but loathing towards it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-14 00:28:45  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
/sch gets erase at 38...

And gdi as I was going for kill on chain 6 get sleepga2 lol.

Time for next attempt
Bish you got Sublimation, wtf you getting slept for?!?!?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-14 00:29:33  
Yeah after not being able to rest from dots I switched to /rdm lol

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-14 01:31:27  
Ok this is getting annoying and now it's lightday.

Some sort of bad luck everytime.

First time sleepgad on the last one. 2nd time damn mob despawns, Well that one was chain 5 but still had over 600 mp and I was about to finish it with a T3.

This time I ended chain 5 with 450 mp and my opening nuke gets resisted lol. Oh yeah and day changed. So at the point I would've finished it was still at like ~20% and me with only 110 mp lol. /sigh.

But one of these days when I'm out there testing I'll go for chain 6 again. God chain 5 is alot easier than it was the last time I xpd up here. Might have to bring out the lantern that time.

Also some of the values for time between kills is off either that or my timestamp is off. Definitely had some kills a little past the time count for chain and some a bit before not count
 Ifrit.Jurai
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-06-14 01:59:28  
tl;dr three pages.. pt is more fun
[+]
 Bismarck.Yor
サーバ: Bismarck
user: poff
By Bismarck.Yor 2010-06-14 10:10:14  
Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
You'll be lucky to reach chain 8 duo, highest consistent duo I've achieved was 7. And chain 6 is impossible solo due to several factors, recast time and spell damage. Balance fast cast and MAB/INT all you want, it doesn't work without 2hr.

(Not directed at anyone in particular).

Lol chain 7.

Seriously chain #6 is impossible to solo?
The several factors are the follows: your gears suck and you suck even more if you can't even chain trashflans. Godshit I hope I can find the ss I did back in 08 , just to prove you how wrong you're.

I answered just to list the camps where I used to exp and my personally experience on blm but if you tell me blm can't chain for ***sorry I need to laugh and laugh.

Lolchain7DUO.
 Sylph.Akibakei
サーバ: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-14 10:30:33  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bah forgot about why I don't like sch. Dots lol

HEY! Dont hate on Schs! I love my Sch. I can fill any role and even chain pretty well. I havent gotten a chain 6 yet but chain 5s are easily possible.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-06-14 12:34:37  
Ifrit.Jurai said:
tl;dr three pages.. pt is more fun

It's only more fun with competent mages. A party of 5 getting 7k/hr when I get 10k/hr solo =/= fun.

A good Xarc party getting 20k/hr+ is fun. A Xarc party where the puller aggro's the gigas every other pull =/= fun.

Partying is more fun only if it's netting you equal or more exp/hr. :3
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-14 19:36:43  
Bismarck.Yor said:
You'll be lucky to reach chain 8 duo, highest consistent duo I've achieved was 7. And chain 6 is impossible solo due to several factors, recast time and spell damage. Balance fast cast and MAB/INT all you want, it doesn't work without 2hr.

(Not directed at anyone in particular).

Lol chain 7.

Seriously chain #6 is impossible to solo?
The several factors are the follows: your gears suck and you suck even more if you can't even chain trashflans. Godshit I hope I can find the ss I did back in 08 , just to prove you how wrong you're.

I answered just to list the camps where I used to exp and my personally experience on blm but if you tell me blm can't chain for ***sorry I need to laugh and laugh.

Lolchain7DUO.

Still talking out your ***. Make a video of you chaining 6 on flans without manafont. I see you're geared up and ready for it. And I can tell you flat out with that gear, it isn't possible.

Edit: *** it, someone as airheaded as you probably don't even know how to make a video, just take screen shots with time stamps. Dumb it down to make it easier on you.
 Leviathan.Dubont
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-14 19:41:06  
screenies can be photoshopped so I wouldn't rely on that. Vids are hard to edit with things like that so...a vid would be better.

I'm interested in seeing you do that as well. Unless you can one shot them and have a very decent mp pool...I don't see it happening. -aga more than one at a time maybe? no...that couldn't be it
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-14 19:57:26  
I got close to chain 6 all 3 times yesterday and that was with random bad luck happening and no conserve mp procing at right time.

I'll go again when I finish and test this stupid trial staff
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-14 19:59:40  
I got a chain 7 on SCH once with 2hr spamming Ebullience+Alacrity on nukes...Does that count?
 Leviathan.Dubont
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-14 20:00:33  
Siren.Enternius said:
I got a chain 7 on SCH once with 2hr spamming Ebullience Alacrity on nukes...Does that count?
no lol
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-14 20:23:43  
Dub: Meh, I'm not expecting it since it won't be able to do it anyway.

Das: Did a little more looking into it, seems like the definition of "perfect" conditions was upped a bit, making it probable for Chain 6 including all traits activating when needed. The way I see it, you'll have to kill #6 with 2k+ damage using either AMII or a very potent Thunder.

Ent: 7? Probably the same chances as BLM hitting 6. 6 is (a bit) easier to hit on SCH, but mostly you'll probably run out of time before you get the spells out. That coupled with ja spam makes it really hard to stay consistent. But 7 is nice, but no it doesn't count lol.

Bismarck.Yor said:
the best I did in solo was #7 in 15 minutes the best I did in duo was #13 if not more I dont recall(Idont exp on blm anymore like I said) btw in the same ammount of time followed by many #8-12 me and a friend used to make 22k/hs on flans back in 2007-08, explain me how that's better than 10-12k solo and please tell me the other reasons you got.

1. If that happened it means you netted 12k/hour without ring. Which is ***. Note the highest documented WITH ring is about 10k/hour chaining 5 consistently. So again, lol chain 7. And lol @ you. I bet I can chain 7 your mom and get 0xp/hour. But that would be equal to how much you're exaggerating your ***now.

2. Just because you have 2 people it doesn't mean you double the xp per hour. Such an "lolbsadvanced" player as yourself should know that. But I guess anyone who spammed BRD in campaign to get Maat's cap and actually believe it's an achievement can't comprehend that. So 22k/hour? lawlBullshit.

Bismarck.Yor said:
I doubt it lol depends how do you work with your partner if you're focus the gears you and your partner got etc etc etc.

Edit; with Font w/o I used stop at #5.

So it's a gear issue now? Hahahahaha. Yeah buddy, sure, sure. That bush has been ran around over and over again, your statement is so stupid I have nothing else to add.

We all know w/o font you stopped at 5. Wow, probably the only logical statement you've made in this thread.

Bismarck.Yor said:
last post
Laughable.

For the love of god gears is not a plural synonym for armor.
 Bahamut.Chocoboaiden
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Chocoboaiden 2010-06-14 20:51:08  
You my friend are talkin' out your ***. Your claim isn't possible. LOL@22khrduo.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-14 20:55:47  
Needs to be better pets. If there were VT pets at 75 I could make some awesome xp solo 1 shotting them over and over. Or I need to get slightly better gear to more consistently 1 shot the T ones with only T4 spells regardless of day/weather
By Marrs 2010-07-04 05:42:27  
BLM burn party on pudding = fail because one's black mage has matured to the point where they can gain a decent amount solo at the same camp or elsewhere.

Keep in mind not all BLMs are able to solo puddings or anything worthwhile in XP for that fact so the default alternative is gathering a 2-6 man party and burn puddings.

When we were all fresh, new, learning BLMs, we would have jumped on a party opportunity as well. No big deal.

I dont agree with this. In my experience I've gained faster exp from blm parties in mz then from soloing. And if you do it quite right there (3 blms resting while other 3 kill) you can get a very high chain (highest I've seen is 35).
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-04 05:46:26  
Marrs said:
BLM burn party on pudding = fail because one's black mage has matured to the point where they can gain a decent amount solo at the same camp or elsewhere.

Keep in mind not all BLMs are able to solo puddings or anything worthwhile in XP for that fact so the default alternative is gathering a 2-6 man party and burn puddings.

When we were all fresh, new, learning BLMs, we would have jumped on a party opportunity as well. No big deal.

I dont agree with this. In my experience I've gained faster exp from blm parties in mz then from soloing. And if you do it quite right there (3 blms resting while other 3 kill) you can get a very high chain (highest I've seen is 35).

Huh?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-04 05:48:19  
I don't think he solos as fast
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-04 05:49:12  
I think he's in another universe, I wasn't even arguing one was better than the other =P.