When Are BLMs Going To Realize PTs On Puddings Are Fail?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » When Are BLMs Going to Realize PTs on Puddings are Fail?
When Are BLMs Going to Realize PTs on Puddings are Fail?
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2010-06-13 21:34:40  
@OP
I think they will realize they fail when you realize you have NO clue what your talking about. Maybe you should say that G colibri are LOLOLOL to?
 Bismarck.Yor
サーバ: Bismarck
user: poff
By Bismarck.Yor 2010-06-13 21:51:42  
+1. JoJ pets if your ls plays with Justice the blm pt can chain up #60 while wanking.

1. Aerns in both palace and garden in sea.

2. Buffalos in Urange if you do enm there.

3. Aura statues in sky if yours blm can land enfeebling spell on them.

4. Puddings duo is much better then solo or than a whole pt.

5. AGA pts on wamoura are boring tbh a pt made of more than
4 blms start to sucks no matter where you go you can simply duo AGA every sleepable exp mob ingame as blm 75

6. Open sea on crags sides if you like long and dangerous pull.

7. Idk about level sync and other stuffs in new areas I don't exp on blm by ages.

8. Yagudos, Quadavs , and Orchs in the strongholds @ past but links are really annoying.

9. Pudding suck , aura statues suck, ghrahs suck , phuabos suck, wamouras suck, beastmen suck , CB on blm sucks

Level up brd if you dont like what blm gets as exp mobs/camps, exp on another job or build a time machine and travel back in 2004 when there were no exp pts w/o blms!
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
I don't use AM2, it is not mp efficient.

We have been Thunder 4 at the same time > bind > aspir > blizzard 4 to chain 2, rest then chain 5.

I can tell you to try to rest 3 ticks after chain #2 make a #3 rest 3-4 ticks then chain untill no mp or no repops.
[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-13 21:53:06  
Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
BLM burn party on pudding = fail because one's black mage has matured to the point where they can gain a decent amount solo at the same camp or elsewhere. Keep in mind not all BLMs are able to solo puddings or anything worthwhile in XP for that fact so the default alternative is gathering a 2-6 man party and burn puddings. When we were all fresh, new, learning BLMs, we would have jumped on a party opportunity as well. No big deal.

QFT PPL can exp where they want dont see why a thread was neccessary to point out that 75 6 man pudding party isnt fantastic here in 2010.

Who gives a ***though really, all I go puddings for is to test a new piece of equip 2008 novio, jan 2010 maats may hecate ... yeah not very often.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-13 21:57:18  
Somefool said :

4. Puddings duo is much better then solo or than a whole pt.

No!

Either solo or go full imo, adding 1 more person puts exp to ***on puddings cant do much more duo than I can solo imo either. Could name many other reasons solo >> duo and only 1 reason duo >> solo and thats company but not exp per hour tbh.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-13 21:58:10  
Carbuncle.Aliceisback said:
@OP
I think they will realize they fail when you realize you have NO clue what your talking about. Maybe you should say that G colibri are LOLOLOL to?
What? Puddings are a mediocre camp at best. There's simply not enough pops to chain indefinitely, even though a good party could feasibly do so.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-13 21:59:35  
I've never come close to making the xp per hour duo as solo on puddings.

But then again I don't die and I kill with 3 nukes (2 if I am playing around with 2 AM2s on right day lol) and get an aspir in there. If I am paying attention I do chain 5 and usually get around 10k an hour.
 Bismarck.Yor
By Bismarck.Yor 2010-06-13 22:03:42  
Forgot the Wivres in bhaflau plus Daters in Dragon's Aery oh /wrist...
Fairy.Basilo said:
Who gives a ***though really, all I go puddings for is to test a new piece of equip 2008 novio, jan 2010 maats may hecate ... yeah not very often.

I didn't even bother when I got my maat's cap lol...
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-13 22:05:37  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I've never come close to making the xp per hour duo as solo on puddings. But then again I don't die and I kill with 3 nukes (2 if I am playing around with 2 AM2s on right day lol) and get an aspir in there. If I am paying attention I do chain 5 and usually get around 10k an hour.

Yeah, this wut I said. Not that exp per hour would bother me Id rather other blms were about there when I do kill there tbh in or out my party nice to compare dmg lolol...

But yeah its misinformation to say duo beats solo
 Bismarck.Yor
By Bismarck.Yor 2010-06-13 22:13:13  
Somefool said:

Could name many other reasons solo >> duo and only 1 reason duo >> solo and thats company but not exp per hour tbh.

the best I did in solo was #7 in 15 minutes the best I did in duo was #13 if not more I dont recall(Idont exp on blm anymore like I said) btw in the same ammount of time followed by many #8-12 me and a friend used to make 22k/hs on flans back in 2007-08, explain me how that's better than 10-12k solo and please tell me the other reasons you got.
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-13 22:15:05  
I thought it was mathematically proven you can't solo chain 6.

Edit: W/O items a/o Manafont.
 Bismarck.Yor
By Bismarck.Yor 2010-06-13 22:16:11  
Fairy.Basilo said:

Yeah, this wut I said. Not that exp per hour would bother me Id rather other blms were about there when I do kill there tbh in or out my party nice to compare dmg lolol...

But yeah its misinformation to say duo beats solo

I doubt it lol depends how do you work with your partner if you're focus the gears you and your partner got etc etc etc.

Edit; with Font w/o I used stop at #5.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-13 22:16:35  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Carbuncle.Aliceisback said:
@OP
What? Puddings are a mediocre camp at best. There's simply not enough pops to chain indefinitely, even though a good party could feasibly do so.

Alice doesn't understand simple matters such as these.
 Leviathan.Cymmina
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2010-06-13 22:16:49  
You're usually only looking at maybe 15k/hour on puddings. That's ok if you're just interested in filling up your buffer for an hour, but that's really bad exp for a 75 job. DDs get 35k/hour, there's no reason BLMs should be settling for so much less.

DDs get good exps by chaining single targets quickly. BLMs can't keep up like that. In order for BLMs to be efficient, you have to -aga multiple targets at once. MMM Manaburn is 30k+ per hour:

http://mdh.gamependium.com/strategies/mmm/manaburn.php

Note that this requires good gear and full potency merits (the same thing you would expect out of DDs). This is not something you can just half pay attention and AFK constantly like a lot of people do at puddings.

If you're a newly 75 BLM and don't have your potency merits yet, you can do BLMx5 + SCH instead of BLMx4, SCH, COR. You'll probably only get 25k/hour that way, but it still beats puddings.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-06-13 22:18:30  
Hey I lvld blm there, I never had any probs. Haterz gonna hate so.. meh be difficult IDC.. I had fun there... do what you want to get to 75 or take along time in Campaign.

Why do ppl have to be negative.. i forgot.. its the interwebs + forumz = emo'z
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-13 22:27:04  
I don't know where most of you are getting your numbers from.

I've cleared (6 man pty) puddings on several occasions for an hour straight, max we ever got was chain 12-13 if we threw in the pup and pet and got lucky, we netted no more than 11k.

Solo wise, I've never seen anyone reach above 10k~ (with band). Proven anyway.

22k duo? That's flat out ***, puddings don't even pop fast enough for that.

Edit: Not that I care anyway, people like to exaggerate numbers from *** size to xp per hour. Been retired for almost a year, just stating the semi-obvious to the oblivious.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-13 22:30:15  
I dont care that much but youre wrong for average blm to duo with me im with Dasva on this one its more common for exp to be worse duo compared to solo. Sorry I called you foolish I think maybe this is what you have a problem with.

As for my other reasons blm solo >> duo is solo and duo works differently as we all know in that youre having to deal with gravity recast timers, having to walk further to the mobs possibly, having to work with each others mp well so neither of you are waiting on the other with full mp. Both have to be well geared so 1 blm doesnt drag other back, both have to read each others minds well enough to know what spells to assist each other with, dont overkill. Dont have to type ***in to communicate with each other solo.

Much easier IMO to solo chain 6 as hume or 7ish as taru and rest between 1-2 kills depending if you got mp pool to kill 2 in one go. Im not in competition here with you, you say you soloed to chain 7, curious if that was without manafont or not if youre a hume. Either way if youre faster than me solo should be faster for you solo than duo from my experience of timing empress/emperor bands roughly duo/solo/party.

Think my empress band solo time was around 8min 40 before i swapped to emperor which is around 21mins both using manafont, duo always seems to pass 25mins at least at pudding on emperor before wearing.

Well like i said exp per hour hasnt rly bothered me that much ever but you asked me to explain so yeah...

Solo or full pty imo is way to go.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-13 22:33:12  
I don't know where most of you are getting your numbers from. I've cleared (6 man pty) puddings on several occasions for an hour straight, max we ever got was chain 12-13 if we threw in the pup and pet and got lucky, we netted no more than 11k. Solo wise, I've never seen anyone reach above 10k~ (with band). Proven anyway. 22k duo? That's flat out ***, puddings don't even pop fast enough for that. Edit: Not that I care anyway, people like to exaggerate numbers from *** size to xp per hour. Been retired for almost a year, just stating the semi-obvious to the oblivious.

Yeah I didnt wanna call him on the *** was gonna let it slip like the way I mildly asked how he solos chain 7 ... I guess if he comes back saying with manafont its cool. Chain 13 duo is still pretty outrageously unbelievable too tbh.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-13 22:35:53  
You'll be lucky to reach chain 8 duo, highest consistent duo I've achieved was 7. And chain 6 is impossible solo due to several factors, recast time and spell damage. Balance fast cast and MAB/INT all you want, it doesn't work without 2hr.

(Not directed at anyone in particular).

Lol chain 7.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-13 22:42:01  
Leviathan.Cymmina said:
You're usually only looking at maybe 15k/hour on puddings. That's ok if you're just interested in filling up your buffer for an hour, but that's really bad exp for a 75 job. DDs get 35k/hour, there's no reason BLMs should be settling for so much less.

DDs get good exps by chaining single targets quickly. BLMs can't keep up like that. In order for BLMs to be efficient, you have to -aga multiple targets at once. MMM Manaburn is 30k per hour:

http://mdh.gamependium.com/strategies/mmm/manaburn.php

Note that this requires good gear and full potency merits (the same thing you would expect out of DDs). This is not something you can just half pay attention and AFK constantly like a lot of people do at puddings.

If you're a newly 75 BLM and don't have your potency merits yet, you can do BLMx5 SCH instead of BLMx4, SCH, COR. You'll probably only get 25k/hour that way, but it still beats puddings.
Aha! Thanks for posting that, was about to PM you because I couldn't seem to dig up the old post. Think I'll bookmark it this time around too.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-13 23:09:09  
You'll be lucky to reach chain 8 duo, highest consistent duo I've achieved was 7. And chain 6 is impossible solo due to several factors, recast time and spell damage. Balance fast cast and MAB/INT all you want, it doesn't work without 2hr.

(Not directed at anyone in particular). Lol chain 7.
I've done chain 6 solo before on puddings. Takes a little luck on conserve mp proc on the 5th pudding and good aspirs but doable.

If you get decent procs on the kill for chain for you will be able to full rest or at least close enough inbetween and I can kill 2 on full mp. You got 105 sec to kill so meh. Than going on to kill the 7th mob you got 60 sec pretty easy if you got around half your mp left.

If I wanted to live a little more dangerously I could /sch and probably hit chain 7-8.

Now granted I'm a taru with some mp merits full potency and int merits etc
 Caitsith.Zefiris
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-06-13 23:13:14  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
If I wanted to live a little more dangerously I could /sch and probably hit chain 7-8.

Now granted I'm a taru with some mp merits full potency and int merits etc

I've never reached chain 6! But chain 5 is pretty easy, as for sub Sch, the loss of gravity seems like a deal breaker to me. >.<
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-13 23:21:54  
Oh yeah losing gravity hurts a bit. Combine with no stoneskin or blink... like I said live dangerously. Though the greater enfeebling skill makes sleep and bind pretty easy to land even in meh gear. But soon enough get convert /rdm yays

Can reach pretty decent chains on rdm too the main problem there though isn't mp so much as being able to spend it fast enough to keep chains up lol
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-13 23:25:45  
I just still find that a bit hard to believe.

Full Taru MP,
Chain 0,
Chain 1,
Chain 2,
Chain 3, Full rest,
Chain 4, then Chain 5 (if you're lucky enough to have MP) <- 2 puddings. Yeah I've gotten chain 5 by luck before on hume as well, good aspires, starting with full mp gear, 8/8 merits, Conserve MP kicking in, potency whatever.

105 seconds between 5 and 6 - fine but I'm sure you'll be at least down to only a few hundred MP by that time (250). Gravity would have been available at the end of chain 5, most Tarus will use it then (on the C5 pudding), so it won't work in the beginning of 6, it takes a good 30 seconds to cast and run, that is if you're able to kill a pudding with 3 spells (Thunder, Blizzard and Fire) using only about 520 mp including gravity and w/e you can get from Aspir. If you rest for 1 tick between 5 and 6, you're pretty much SoL.

So I still think it isn't possible. Even with perfect gear and conditions.

As for /SCH... eh without Stoneskin, blink, or gravity I doubt you could even reach 5 as easily sitting on a B+ Bind and a recast of 30 some seconds.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-13 23:28:49  
At 80 with BLM Convert, puddings wouldn't even chain.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-13 23:29:35  
Well that's because you rest after chain 4. I hit chain 5 with 0 luck/conserve mp. I'll go try /sch
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-13 23:32:49  
With what, an extra low 100 mp and using gravity at the beginning of 5 (3-4 ticks from the extra 60 seconds you get between 4 and 5 as opposed to 5 and 6), still wouldn't work by the time you hit 6, you wouldn't be able to punch out 3 spells damaging enough: keeping in mind AM2 is out of the question.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-13 23:41:26  
1. 54 (rounding down from the 60) secs is 6 ticks not 3-4.

2. With 0 gear you will recover mp at 27, 30, 33 etc. I wear another 31 hmp and am refreshing from sanction too refresh tick being only 3 sec that comes out to about 3 more hmp. So in even just 3 tics I would recover 192 mp. But fine I will go out and do it
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-13 23:44:13  
Good luck resting more than 3 ticks between 4 and 5 and being able to kill #5 with half MP in time.

It takes an average of 55-65 seconds for anyone to kill a pudding the moment they start casting their first spell.

Basically, in my loose opinion, you'll have to end Chain 4 by using only 200 some mp total, rest with at least 900 some MP and/or be able to have full at 5 start, kill 5 within that time limit of 60 some odd seconds, run to 6 and kill that with 3 spells, granted your Fire hits for over 1350, all in under 60 seconds which is the average for anyone to kill 1. Which I think is not possible.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-06-13 23:44:25  
/Sch is definitely ballsy, but I did forget that the boost to enfeebling magic would make sleep and bind more reliable. I guess it'd take a slightly different approach... and a bit more luck than /Rdm. Probably more luck than I seem to have ; ;. But next time I'm up there, I'ma try resting after chain 4 and seeing if I can get me a 6! :D