users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Campaign » soloing mobs in campaign battle
soloing mobs in campaign battle
 Titan.Cripnicc
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-05-06 13:29:08  
I am a lvl 67 RDM atm and was wondering if it is possible to solo these mobs with out having Ni: ? and for that matter it would be intersting to know what is the lowest lvl on any job that u can solo these mobs, and i am talking mostly orcs, yagudo and quadavs.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-05-06 13:32:17  
ehh prolly not..I mean you can go with just Ichi and ride Phalanx and Stoneskin and get any -PDT gear you can but 67 sounds a little early to me.

Only one way to find out.
 Siren.Riotus
サーバ: Siren
user: Riotus
By Siren.Riotus 2010-05-06 13:32:50  
ur a rdm so u have a decent chance...but i think a mob will rape you really...its alot easier at 74 to solo...but GL!
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-06 13:34:00  
You might, but the point of campaign is to make exp and AN while eating out your nose. And I'm not sure if that's possible if you intent to solo mobs with a lvl 67 RDM.
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-05-06 13:35:02  
It would be difficult to solo campaign mobs at 67 but with rdm you do have a fairly good arsenal of spells at your disposal to help you stay alive.. the biggest thing would be running out of mp.... in this case i would almost suggest cause you are lower in lvl... go /dnc.. might help out a bit more if you run out of mp. One thing you have to consider is even if you do solo a mob, the likely hood of people not finding you fairly quickly anyway is low... so you wont have to solo for very long.
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-05-06 13:37:26  
at 67 you could do imps, at least that's what is in bastok beast controlled zones. Imps i could solo at 65thf/dnc, even 65mnk/dnc. Rdm/dnc would be better off yet, with phalanx and SS and castable cures.
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-05-06 13:46:18  
Thought this was gonna be a *** thread about ppl running off miles with campaign mobs to solo them, making 30 other people wait an extra 5mins for campaign to end.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-05-06 13:48:42  
I think quadavs are the easiest especially in rolanberry cause of the space. You could probably sleep nuke them or dot kite. I used to carby kite them when my smn was 62
 Asura.Jesyvut
サーバ: Asura
user: Jesyvut
By Asura.Jesyvut 2010-05-06 13:49:47  
Why not be like every other Campaign pro-gamer and sub DNC!
 Alexander.Nepharite
サーバ: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-05-06 13:54:38  
I imagine a 67rdm/dnc could do just as well as a pld/dnc around that level. If so, stick to quad mages so you can aspir samba. It'll make things tons easier. I did a lot of cb on pld around that level.

Also you most likely won't be able to solo anything, since your dmg will be so low. There will be a good chance every other cb mob will die before you can kill yours if you straight melee it.

edit~ on a side note, you can get a lot of AN still if you can manage to stay alive.
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-06 13:58:21  
Unless you pull it away I don't think you can solo melee it to death fully.

Of course that just creates another problem, you also risk dying with no one to raise you.
 Alexander.Nepharite
サーバ: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-05-06 14:00:11  
Kujata.Akeda said:
Unless you pull it away I don't think you can melee it to death fully. Of course if you pulled it away for yourself you also risk dying with no one to raise you.

yeah, usually you'll beat on it for a long time, then everyone will swarm it once the other mobs are dead.
 Siren.Riotus
user: Riotus
By Siren.Riotus 2010-05-06 14:03:45  
Yeah on my Server its either empty or over crowded oddly enough...So its either solo one and other mobs link...or solo for a min till everyone and their mother hops on the 1 your on...
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-05-06 14:05:20  
Beastman controlled zones are usually pretty empty. Crawler's Nest usually controlled and empty. Imps like to roam the hallways there as well, even when no quads are around.
By Merritt95 2010-05-06 14:55:35  
Im trying to solo in campaign on monk75/dnc. im galka but i cant seem to do it without body boost unless its a weak mob like an imp. Any sugestions?
 Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-06 15:05:06  
Asura.Jesyvut said:
BLU/SCH >>>> BLU/DNC!
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-06 15:06:00  
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Asura.Jesyvut said:
BLU/SCH >>>> BLU/DNC!
This is about RDM anyway. RDM/BLU > RDM/DNC!
 Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-06 15:11:19  
Siren.Enternius said:
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Asura.Jesyvut said:
BLU/SCH >>>> BLU/DNC!
It's in General, not RDM!
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-05-06 15:28:51  
Siren.Enternius said:
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Asura.Jesyvut said:
BLU/SCH >>>> BLU/DNC!

rdm/blu is in no way better for campaign than /dnc, if you need more than a chevoit/patronus/jelly/gembu to stay alive then youre doing it wrong and getting less xp than you could by curing others!
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-05-06 16:08:16  
Merritt95 said:
Im trying to solo in campaign on monk75/dnc. im galka but i cant seem to do it without body boost unless its a weak mob like an imp. Any sugestions?

I'd suggest a high eva gear set for mnk/dnc, so you're not having to spam waltz every time it's up. However a mnk friend of mine solo's campaign on mnk/nin with haste gear, maybe give that a shot =]

Fairy.Muerte
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Muerte 2010-05-06 16:37:17  
Fairy.Basilo said:
Thought this was gonna be a *** thread about ppl running off miles with campaign mobs to solo them, making 30 other people wait an extra 5mins for campaign to end.

Legitimate ***.