users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninja solo Cactrot Rapido
Ninja solo Cactrot Rapido
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-29 01:59:20  
Yes, You did a real good job.. Hats off!
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-04-29 16:10:34  
Fenrir.Xeonerable said:
>_> you must share the music used !

The song in part one is:

Coast to Coast - Wave Of Sound (Extended Mix)

And the song is part two is:

Fall To Pieces (Vocal Mix) [Track One Recordings] (DJ Spoke)

Odin.Spccdog
user: spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2010-04-29 16:35:04  
Nice job, grats and lol whats tartin doing there?
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-04-29 16:44:10  
Odin.Spccdog said:
Nice job, grats and lol whats tartin doing there?

I'm not sure, guess he just wanted to watch, or Raise me because he thought I would die.
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-04-29 16:52:17  
Damn I see this kind of tactic for the first time I'm very very impressed I actually watched a whole youtube video that's posted on this site for the first time :p!
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-29 16:55:16  
Now I wanna try flee soloing on rdm or rng or blu or something. Maybe kill some T3 VNMs.
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-04-29 16:57:18  
Congratz nice *** ^^
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-04-29 17:16:00  
Pandemonium.Machiaveli said:
Damn I see this kind of tactic for the first time I'm very very impressed I actually watched a whole youtube video that's posted on this site for the first time :p!
Odin.Kalico said:
Congratz nice *** ^^

Thanks, both of you :)

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Now I wanna try flee soloing on rdm or rng or blu or something. Maybe kill some T3 VNMs.

I'd love to hear about all the stuff you try... this is really the only NM I've killed this way.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-04-29 17:36:55  
Elvaan don't even look good as NIN >:(

That was very cool, how in the hell did you think of that strategy? Were you panicking about running out of boots? lol
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-04-29 17:39:41  
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Flee > Disseverment > flee moar, wait till wear repeat?
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-04-29 17:47:04  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Elvaan don't even look good as NIN >:(

That was very cool, how in the hell did you think of that strategy? Were you panicking about running out of boots? lol

Well my first char was a Elvaan, but when I had to make a new one I knew my main would be NIN so I picked Mithra for the stats. I just like the way Elvaan look.

Just a lot of trial and error really, I've probably lost over 50k XP trying to solo Rapido with random set ups.

No, not really I think I used about 3 or 4 charges of each pair of the 9 pairs of boots, and they have 20 charges each so I still had tons more.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-30 04:04:29  
Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

I think even with a good disseverement, including the additional effect of poison, your mp and doing enough damage in under 2 hours would be the issues here. I could be wrong though, apparently Krabkatoa can be solo'd in east ronfaure {S} by yet another pinning strat.

Wonder if Lord Ruthven can be done this way <_<
 Hades.Excelior
サーバ: Hades
user: Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-04-30 04:14:39  
Odin.Blazza said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I think even with a good disseverement, including the additional effect of poison, your mp and doing enough damage in under 2 hours would be the issues here. I could be wrong though, apparently Krabkatoa can be solo'd in east ronfaure {S} by yet another pinning strat. Wonder if Lord Ruthven can be done this way <_<

Took me like 3 hours to solo Iriz Ima a few years ago with disseverment. I know its a different NM completely but the MP issue is pretty bad. Never tried to solo a NM using that method again :x I suppose anything can be soloed with enough meds and inventory space :/
 Caitsith.Alriath
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Alriath
By Caitsith.Alriath 2010-04-30 04:20:17  
I remember watching some of your older vids of you trying this /brd and /rdm, grats on finally pwning this bish.
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-04-30 04:38:35  
Odin.Blazza said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

I think even with a good disseverement, including the additional effect of poison, your mp and doing enough damage in under 2 hours would be the issues here. I could be wrong though, apparently Krabkatoa can be solo'd in east ronfaure {S} by yet another pinning strat.

Yeah, you can kite Krabkatoa really easy using the gates. I did it for almost a hour on NIN/DRK with no support at all.

I've been thinking about making a series of videos showing tracking exploits like the one used in my T3 Scorp video, But I've just been too lazy to go to all the zones and places.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-30 08:10:55  
@Excelior and Upbeat, I've soloed a bunch of stuff using almost nothing but disseverement; Despot, Ulli and Greater Amphipteres are what immediately come to mind. Actually, Upbeat, wasn't it you I saw soloing a Greater Aphiptere on nin once using nothing but utsusemi?

Anyway, each of those took me about an hour, and each of those I was able to bind with regurgitation and rest up for an extra 50-100 MP every now and again during the fight. If Ruthven has more HP or higher defence there's an issue straight up, and keeping away from him just seems damn hard lol! And, of course, if poison doesn't stick, well...

Anyway, if I can solo a skele or doomed using the pinning trick in Xarc on rdm I might give this a try, but I'd rather not waste a pop. Anyone on Odin willing to tag it and stand back and watch so you can take it when I die? lol (or else just kill it for me and give me the nails <_<)
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-04-30 08:57:09  
nicely done :)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-04-30 09:01:49  
Wow very impressive, I expected a Poison -> wait fight :P
Maybe I'll try this on RDM sometime!
By Yuffy 2010-04-30 09:23:10  
Odin.Upbeat said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Yeah, you can kite Krabkatoa really easy using the gates. I did it for almost a hour on NIN/DRK with no support at all.

I've been thinking about making a series of videos showing tracking exploits like the one used in my T3 Scorp video, But I've just been too lazy to go to all the zones and places.
You can solo kite Lord Ruthven around tower in Beaucedine forever. Everytime it reaches you, he's ready for a TP move that you are outrunning so its very safe.

Problem being, i didnt find a single time frame to do anything about his life. Stopping to cast Bio can mean death as it resets the whole kiting process to 0 and building distance can be hard.
By Oyoyu 2010-04-30 09:23:17  
The nightmare sabotender needles can be reduced massively with Shell V.. what about Rapido's?

Just thinking... Whinja.. kracken, auspice to reduce tp, Shell V, Prot V, Mythic Boon whenever needed, with herald gaiters to escape needles when hp is low / spells need recasting.

Would be one hell of a job though.
Also Dia II and Dokumori for long tick down, and not sure how well Repose would stick, but he's susceptible to it for when dia / dokumori wear and you need to recast things.
Or even not dia / dokumori him and keep repose there as an option for getting haste / regen / auspice / stoneskin back up.
With plantoid killer as well...

Damn I am so tempted to try...
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-30 09:33:04  
Oyoyu said:
The nightmare sabotender needles can be reduced massively with Shell V.. what about Rapido's?

Just thinking... Whinja.. kracken, auspice to reduce tp, Shell V, Prot V, Mythic Boon whenever needed, with herald gaiters to escape needles when hp is low / spells need recasting.

Would be one hell of a job though.
Also Dia II and Dokumori for long tick down, and not sure how well Repose would stick, but he's susceptible to it for when dia / dokumori wear and you need to recast things.
Or even not dia / dokumori him and keep repose there as an option for getting haste / regen / auspice / stoneskin back up.
With plantoid killer as well...

Damn I am so tempted to try...

Because Ninja has Shell V and Dia...

He wanted to solo this on ninja, better tactics aren't really whats being discussed >.<
 Midgardsormr.Oyoyu
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Oyoyu
By Midgardsormr.Oyoyu 2010-04-30 09:40:50  
I'm not saying better tactics... was just wondering if the Shell thing worked on Rapido's, and whether a whm could then pull it off too.
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-30 09:49:01  
Midgardsormr.Oyoyu said:
I'm not saying better tactics... was just wondering if the Shell thing worked on Rapido's, and whether a whm could then pull it off too.

WHM doesn't have the debuffs, sustainability or evasion too. RDM can with relative ease, NIN can with difficulty, but other than that the only job I could see doing this is THF or maybe DNC with MKris and Haste Gear.
 Bahamut.Ericcheco
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Checo
By Bahamut.Ericcheco 2010-04-30 10:09:55  
Someone give this man a Arco bow. Quite stingy that litte cactar can be, even if you try hard.
 Unicorn.Mordekai
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Shredda
By Unicorn.Mordekai 2010-04-30 23:29:20  
Siren.Enternius said:
I think the accomplishment itself beats any drops you could possibly get from that NM. Especially since it's on video. I get so much crap about saying I've solo'd NMs but didn't have a computer that could run FRAPS when I played FFXI so I couldn't record anything. The fact that you do/did is extremely lucky.

That's because you say stupid ***, when people know your lacking in any skill.
 Odin.Oldive
user: Oldive
By Odin.Oldive 2010-04-30 23:57:12  
I am very much impressed, congratulations.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-05-01 00:30:53  
nice congratz! personally i wouldn't spend 30m to do it.....
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-05-01 05:01:45  
Thank you everyone for all the nice comments! ^^

@Blazza You're correct, That was me soloing the Greater Aphiptere when it first came out. If you need help in Xarc and I'm on just send a /tell.

And #2... Its getting better! but still nothing :(