Some Gear Advice...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Some gear advice...
Some gear advice...
 Midgardsormr.Markers
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Markers
By Midgardsormr.Markers 2010-04-27 12:24:10  
I am a taru 75 war and I need some gear help! I am mostly a AH type of guy but I am working on access for all end game stuff and am already in a great shell so do not shy away from that stuff.

Type of builds I would like to see.

tp building

RR

KJ

SC

Resting

Endgame events

Also what are my str/acc/vit/dex/etc caps? What things should I merit in those categories (I know what to merit ability wise) Any and all help would be very much appreciated! thank you~
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-27 12:37:02  
TP; as much haste as you can get with some accuracy (and a 6hit if possible)

So key items would be:
Turban
Hauby (+1)
Dusk hands and feet
Headlong/Swift
Accuracy rings/Rajas
Chiv chain/PCC
Byakko's Hiadate

RR; If you can do it, a solid DEX build (110-120 DEX) with some STR and attack (this will be hard from the AH)

KJ; should only be used with aggressor and berserk up, so just plenty of STR and maybe some attack.

SC; STR, maybe some VIT, and some more STR

'Caps' are dependant on the mob. Some are harder to hit that others, some have more defence than other etc. But as a rough rule of thumb, it a good idea for all your sets to be around 400 accuracy before food (although this depends on what you use your WAR for).

STR and DEX etc don't really have a cap so say. Crit rate caps, and that is defined by your DEX so there is a point where DEX doesn't add any more crits.

That's a sensible starter for 10.
 Midgardsormr.Markers
By Midgardsormr.Markers 2010-04-27 14:22:31  
Valefor.Argettio said:
TP; as much haste as you can get with some accuracy (and a 6hit if possible)

So key items would be:
Turban
Hauby ( 1)
Dusk hands and feet
Headlong/Swift
Accuracy rings/Rajas
Chiv chain/PCC
Byakko's Hiadate

RR; If you can do it, a solid DEX build (110-120 DEX) with some STR and attack (this will be hard from the AH)

KJ; should only be used with aggressor and berserk up, so just plenty of STR and maybe some attack.

SC; STR, maybe some VIT, and some more STR

'Caps' are dependant on the mob. Some are harder to hit that others, some have more defence than other etc. But as a rough rule of thumb, it a good idea for all your sets to be around 400 accuracy before food (although this depends on what you use your WAR for).

STR and DEX etc don't really have a cap so say. Crit rate caps, and that is defined by your DEX so there is a point where DEX doesn't add any more crits.

That's a sensible starter for 10.

Thank you for a reply. It tis helpful. What would you suggest for earrings?
 Midgardsormr.Markers
By Midgardsormr.Markers 2010-04-27 14:24:56  
Also for RR you say use dex, but isnt it a str modifier? Or is it because its a multi hit ws?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-27 14:28:29  
It's a crit WS. For earrings us Brutal Earring and something with ACC (Fowling or Assault, Minuet also an option).
 Leviathan.Abriel
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-04-27 19:13:37  
once you get access to it, hollow earring (+3 acc +2 dex are the stats to be noted) is really hard to beat for TP and multi-hit WSs, may want to add that to your list of what to work towards. may even want to go as far as create 2 tp/multi-hit WS sets for whether or not aggressor is up. just remember that using the appropriate gear for the current situation is better than having the best gear in the wrong situation, so you may want to do some research on enemies you'll be fighting and what gear/food you can get the most out of.
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-27 19:17:32  
Leviathan.Abriel said:
once you get access to it, hollow earring ( 3 acc 2 dex are the stats to be noted) is really hard to beat for TP and multi-hit WSs, may want to add that to your list of what to work towards. may even want to go as far as create 2 tp/multi-hit WS sets for whether or not aggressor is up. just remember that using the appropriate gear for the current situation is better than having the best gear in the wrong situation, so you may want to do some research on enemies you'll be fighting and what gear/food you can get the most out of.

most people chose Ethereal Earring if they have pld or nin

drg/mage if you want to solo