users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » B.kote/O.kote vs AF+1 Hands
B.kote/O.kote vs AF+1 Hands
 Bahamut.Aiyana
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-03-31 15:02:20  
I saw another post similar to my thought patterns of which NIN AF+1 item to get first. I've also heard rumor of something similar about B/Okotes outparsing SAM AF+1 hands on Penta Thrust.

So my question is, in a variety of situations would Kotes or AF+1 win? Math to back it up would be great. I may attempt said math myself when I have the time.

Scenario 1: Merit party.
Blade: Jin, assume minuetx2 OR Chaos roll. Assume acc. is capped for Jin on the target. Marinara Pizza +1. Include Berserk from /war.

Scenario 2: Farming(no food)
Blade: Jin, Easy Prey or above level mobs. Again, capped acc.

Scenario 3: Farming(with food)
Same as above, but include Meat Chiefkabob.

Scenario 4: Soloing NM
Blade: Jin and/or Blade: Kamu. Food is Squid Sushi+1, acc. most likely is not capped.(Yonin) Mob level 80. Box Step 1 applied.

Scenario 5: Kirin
Doesn't matter. Just for fun.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to do my homework for me! I'll try to get back to this later.

Edit: Attempted to edit for clarity. Stuck Berserk into the top Scenario.
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2010-03-31 15:07:14  
Stats are better than attack. Attack only brings up your damage floor unless the mob has "Too low defense" then it raises the ceiling. Plus, Jin crits and DEX is crit. There are two damage calculators that exist. One does just attack/WS and the other does DPS.

http://ffxi.killvoid.com/page.php?al=dcalc

http://ffxicalculator.com/
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-03-31 15:12:35  
edit.
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-03-31 15:23:06  
Ifrit.Rikiyame said:
Stats are better than attack. Attack only brings up your damage floor unless the mob has "Too low defense" then it raises the ceiling.

Wut?

Attack affects pDif
STR affects fSTR (and WSC on most WS)
DEX (in the case of penta and Jin) affects WSC

The answer is probably B.kotes in most situations as you won't be near to capped attack on any of the situations above.

Although if you are close to dDEX cap then maybe you will get some milage out of AF+1.

Too tired to do the maths atm.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-31 15:25:37  
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
I saw another post similar to my thought patterns of which AF 1 item to get first. I've also heard rumor of something about B/Okotes outparsing SAM AF 1 hands on Penta Thrust.

why is this posted in nin forum?
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
サーバ: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2010-03-31 15:27:28  
Read the rest of the post.

He's talking about nin WSs, not sam.
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-03-31 15:27:46  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
I saw another post similar to my thought patterns of which AF 1 item to get first. I've also heard rumor of something about B/Okotes outparsing SAM AF 1 hands on Penta Thrust.

why is this posted in nin forum?

Took me a while to figure out, but he is drawing comparisions between Jin on NIN and Penta on SAM.

But not very clear.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-31 15:34:58  
oh

in that case, I TP in dusk and Jin in AF+1

lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Aiyana
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-03-31 15:43:31  
Thank you for the quick responses!
Ifrit.Rikiyame said:
http://ffxi.killvoid.com/page.php?al=dcalc

http://ffxicalculator.com/

And thank you for the first calculator that I had never heard of before.

My next question is: where is a good source to find mob stats? That's one of the few problems I run in to when trying to figure out damage on things like NMs, which can vary in level so wildly.
 Sylph.Vincentius
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-03-31 15:45:45  
Bahamut.Aiyana said:

It's a different scenario, because Penta Thrust suffers from an Attack penalty. Jin doesn't.

Figure out your stats, get as close to dDEX cap on whatever you're fighting (Kirin is impossible to cap attack or dDEX on, so go with the attack in that unlikely scenario), and add whatever in everywhere else.
 Cerberus.Oulanbator
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oulanbator 2010-04-01 04:32:36  
Blade: Jin and Penta thrust are totally different WSes, you can't compare these.
* Penta is a normal multihit weaponskill, the goal is to make each hit as accurate and powerful as possible.

* Blade:Jin is a crit based weaponskill, the goal here is to raise your crit rate to crit as much as possible per WS.

So your goal are, in this order:
- cap your crit rate to 25% with dex.
On mobs like colibris, you need 117 dex to cap your critical hit rate. On higher lv mobs, you'll need even more dex (I'd say 125+ depending on mob's agility).

- keep adding critical hit rate beyond 25% cap with crit rate stat.
Crit rate stat is nice because it adds beyond the 25% limit, however, it's a really hard to find stat.

and on top of that, you should also care about:
- your overall accuracy (because this is a multihit WS): thankfully, the dex you should load up on will help a bit with this, but you'll probably need some accuracy.
- keeping your atk level high enough in case you can break some pDIF tiers (this will help a lot if you break a tier, and won't do much if you stay in the same tier)

I don't think there is a best WS item, it all depends on your WS setup. Once you have these 4 keys points covered, it's up to you to balance all these through gear and see which item boosts your damage more.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inga
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Inga
By Ragnarok.Inga 2010-04-01 05:19:41  

I'm missing Gnadbhod's and Byakko's still (probably will change tomorrow's sky event if I'm lucky..)

but this is what I use for my Blade Jins I focus alot on Acc and DEX, when I'm in a merit party I'll use Warwolf, but for HNMS I need the ATK boost so I use Cuchulain's Belt I'm also lacking Usukane Sune-Ate but, anyone who has done salvage should know Bhaflau Remnants doesn't pop ***unless your not attending..
[+]
 Remora.Abriel
サーバ: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-04-24 06:23:59  
I'm a pizza *** for the merit range fights, enkidu mittens are pretty awesome.