Need Some Help Gearing For KJ.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Need some help gearing for KJ.
Need some help gearing for KJ.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-30 12:14:46  
I've heard alot that KJ should be a more potent ws that RR (typically speaking for merit sitations.) And I have yet to experience this..Am I gearing for it wrong? Right now I am really happy with damage I get from RR, but not KJ..it..well..just sucks. My gear for both KJ and RR isn't spectacular but above average imo. Is there something I should be doing that I am not?

Raging Rush
King's Justice

RR does have the advantage with Sea Gorget but I am working on KJ gorget now.

SideNote: Eyeballing onry..unbuffed RR does 900~1300 buffed does about 1400~1700ish and with Warrior's Charge up to 2100.

King's Justice is far more consistant doesn't really drop below the 1k mark but never does more than about 1400 with buffs and warriors charge.

Both of these set I typically would be eating Meat Mithkabobs and on birds.

Currently I don't have any way to obtain any of the Ares' gear.

Any thoughts..come on smart ppl don't fail me now!

**And of course I have no parse of SS to prove any of this just my trusty eyeballs...
 Lakshmi.Fullen
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: fullen
By Lakshmi.Fullen 2010-03-30 12:49:43  
Ebody but no Nhead @.@

Have you been watching TP return? less acc in your KJ set~
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2010-03-30 12:50:18  
I would switch out warwolf for potent belt, unless you get lucky and get some acc aug on it.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-03-30 12:50:37  
When I've been at birds with Gaxe, I generally see 500-1300 KJ and 800-1300 RR (I've seen spikes higher, but those are rare enough I won't mention). It really depends on the buffs though. With the two BRD parties I've had the lazy bard generally gives Marchx2 and the pulling bard will give Minuet when they can. With Minuet both KJ and RR see significant increases in damage (the higher end 1300s) and without the Minuetx2 I generally see the lower end. You're gear is fairly similar to my WS gear also.

If you are getting proper buffs I'd say KJ, if your BRDs are failing like how I described above then RR. With WAR/SAM and a 6hit, WSs get spammed so fast it generally doesn't matter in merits.
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-03-30 13:01:00  
Well your sets are very nice. Maybe its just an eyeball issue.

Imo KJ is great when doing zergs. Considering it cant crit naturally, might strikes will make every hit crit, and and its 50% str mod makes it better than RR. But RR is still the bread and butter for merits, unless you spot an oportunity to sc light or epeen moment with might strikes.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-30 13:08:13  
What I've been told is that KJ usually doesn't beat a good RR set unless you're buffed out the ***. That means Berserk, Chaos Roll/minuets, and meat or pizza. From what you said, sounds like your experience is consistent with that information.
 Sylph.Biginallways
サーバ: Sylph
user: Biggie87
By Sylph.Biginallways 2010-03-30 13:17:55  
Zorander Zorander... I <3 and miss you ya big noob!!! King's Justice will do better vs. high defense mobs and mobs where you can't hit the dex cap for Raging Rush. For my Raging Rush set I use Hecatomb Cap, Snow Gorget, Adaman Hauberk, Hecatomb mittens, Hecatomb leggings, Warwolf belt, Byakko's Haidate, Forager's Mantle, Rajas ring, Iota ring, Brutal earring,Pixie earring, and Fire Bomblet. As you can see I'm stacking as much str as possible for attack and the 35% modifier while maintaining dex cap on birds. I rarely hit under 1k on RR with this setup. King's Justice dmg is a different ballgame since it isn't based on crits like RR. For KJ I use Hecatomb Cap, Soil Gorget, Adaman Hauberk, Ares's Gauntlets, Hecatomb leggings, Warwolf belt, Ares's Flanchard, Forager's Mantle, Rajas ring, Ruby Ring, Brutal earring, Fowling earring, and Fire Bomblet. KJ has a 50% Str modifier so I use even more strength in this set other than Ares's Gauntlets which I throw in for the extra accuracy. Keep in mind that against higher defense mobs such as HNM, King's Justice will probably come out ahead. With the proper setup in merit parties RR will always win out. Whenever you have your 2 hr up ALWAYS use KJ. It is incredibly powerful when the hits crit as well. Also, KJ will be more powerful at 300tp than RR in most cases. Anyways, hope that helps zor. I miss ya buddy.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-30 13:24:58  
Lakshmi.Fullen said:
Ebody but no Nhead @.@ Have you been watching TP return? less acc in your KJ set~
Shh you lol I've been trying for Ncap for months and months and Mr. Faf is a *** that won't drop anything but Ehandsx2 when I am there..

Ok so my next question is should I put more dex into my RR build? I can't remember what the cap for dex is vs. birds but I don't think I am there..would a Dex ring be better over Flame?

Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-03-30 13:29:18  
I wrote out a long a in depth reply talking about crits affect on cratio and how as cratio increases the benefit from criting decreases, but the forum ate it, so I'm goint to cut to the chase.

* Only use it when you have 'Zerk and Aggressor up and at least one other attack buff (and probably food)

* Account for the 30 free acc from aggressor and make a very aggressive build.

So look are Ares or Relic legs, Bomb core and obviously n.head.

Edit:

Dex cap for all mobs is dDEX +50. Which on birds is 117 DEX.

Depending on your race, your RR build might have enough.

You should also look into aggressor up and down builds for both TP and RR.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-30 13:30:49  
Quote not working..

@Biggie

Good to hear from you yet again..and yeah I was asking more for merits than HNM, A) I would never take my war to HNM with the other jobs I have and B) I am homeless right now I haven't had a main ls for months now..just sticking to Dyna and Limbus.

Say hello to Az, Marrow, Khymera, Wolf and Egg for me!

Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-30 13:43:46  
Valefor.Argettio said:
I wrote out a long a in depth reply talking about crits affect on cratio and how as cratio increases the benefit from criting decreases, but the forum ate it, so I'm goint to cut to the chase. * Only use it when you have 'Zerk and Aggressor up and at least one other attack buff (and probably food) * Account for the 30 free acc from aggressor and make a very aggressive build. So look are Ares or Relic legs, Bomb core and obviously n.head. Edit: Dex cap for all mobs is dDEX 50. Which on birds is 117 DEX. Depending on your race, your RR build might have enough. You should also look into aggressor up and down builds for both TP and RR.
Elvaan and I am re-working macro's for buff and no buffs..

Iota rings is a possibilty too forgot about that..but Im confused on Bomb core over Fire Bomblet and no go to Ares.
 Sylph.Biginallways
user: Biggie87
By Sylph.Biginallways 2010-03-30 13:46:38  
Me and a few other guys are running a merc shell atm selling Sea and Sky gear. You're always welcome with us Zor. We'll probably give out about 6-7 more pearls. You won't even have to put an app in ;)
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-30 13:58:35  
Wrong server damn you...
 Siren.Firewall
サーバ: Siren
user: Firewall
By Siren.Firewall 2010-03-30 14:04:42  
I would recommend since Ares is not an option switch your legs to Relic, and then your waist to Warrior's stone to make up for the loss in ACC. Since as you know KJ's spike damage is based on DA's and not Crits I recommend stacking DA gear for KJ.

Could also probably get away with a Chiv chain on your neck until WS gorget, you lose 1STR but adds 2 Acc over Kubira (though I could be wrong with this, you might not need the Acc, just going off previous posts)

I'd also look into getting a triumph earring since the DEX on minuet earring pretty much does *** all for KJ and more STR is good.

Those are my ideas... and I could be totally wrong since WAR isn't my forte.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-03-30 14:11:57  
my RR beats out KJ at birds cuz i hit 119 dex in it
but for limbo and things KJ hits better for me

KJ

RR

*c.galea: str+6/ws acc+15/haste+2
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-03-30 14:25:57  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
but Im confused on Bomb core over Fire Bomblet

6 acc + 6 att vs 12 att

Sure bomblet looks good.

But when accuracy is capped it becomes:
6 att vs 12 att

Not a hard choice :P

More WARs in this thread need Aggressor UP and DOWN versions of their sets.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-03-30 14:41:41  
so i took my sets to FFXICalc to see about aggressor up/down sets for birds and came back with this

for RR, bomb core drops me to 94.1% hit rate - no buffs

WAR-RR (No Agressor)

for KJ i need Agressor and can sub Bomb Core for 95% hitrate

course i dont know the number to put in the neck slot forthe sea torques, so i left them at 0

Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-03-30 14:52:15  
hmm
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-03-30 15:03:01  
Obviously its gear dependant, which is where the OPs e.body would help over your hauby +1.

I would try to work relic legs into a KJ build (which may mean putting bomblet back in lol).
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-30 15:04:31  
Someone correct me if I am wrong..but doesnt the Add-On hat wsacc+15 only apply on first hit of ws?

Edit: And I really need to play around with that damage calculator, is there more than 1 option for calculators..or which is the best to use?
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-03-30 15:10:07  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Someone correct me if I am wrong..but doesnt the Add-On hat wsacc 15 only apply on first hit of ws?

Edit: And I really need to play around with that damage calculator, is there more than 1 option for calculators..or which is the best to use?

That's an odd rumour and I'm not sure where it came from, but it isn't true. Accuracy works on all swings, WS acc works on all WS swings.

FFXI calc is your best bet for simple accuracy stuff. There are some more complex spreadsheets people have made but they aren't 'publicly' available.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-30 15:13:46  
Awesome! Thanks everyone..

**Did I make up that wsacc+15 on the first hit onry or had other ppl heard of that too?
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-03-30 15:46:45  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Awesome! Thanks everyone..

**Did I make up that wsacc 15 on the first hit onry or had other ppl heard of that too?

I have heard it from other people too, still not sure why it started as it just doesn't make sense.
 Sylph.Akibakei
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-04-27 10:14:55  
I, too, have noticed that RR seemingly does more DMG unbuffed while KJ gets outrageous while being buffed.

Without being a scholar at numbers, I would bet that the CRIT ratio of RR makes this happen but the pure damage of KJ can pull it even or ahead of RR.

Fully buffed with Mighty Strikes on, I hit an Einherjar NM for well over 2k. I didnt screenshot it because we were in a hurry but it was a nice pop that I have never seen with RR.

So my advice, under standard parties/running like Birds or Nyzul use Raging Rush. On NMs where you are buffed, either from a mage or your abilities, use King's Justice.