users online
フォーラム » FFXI » NMs » Kiting Odin's Images as NIN
Kiting Odin's Images as NIN
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-03-26 17:15:48  
What's the difficulty level kiting them as NIN? If it's night can you constatly out run them without getting hit? What about subbing THF for that oh ***moment and getting the hell away from them. Was thinking of bringing a Hermes Quencher too.

Also, from a SMN burn perspective, how much HP does 5X Predator Claws take off?
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-03-26 17:23:46  
if u do the fight at nite it shouldnt be a issue with the 25% speed

we did it with a COR using ASA with 8% and they ended up dead in the last 10% of Odin, but we still won right at the 4 min mark without him getting his 2hr off

we used
PLD/NIN, SAM/THF(x3), COR/NIN, WHM/SCH

SAMs gave PLD 300tp for opening with SW and then TA'd
really easy fight
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-26 17:24:53  
Bahamut.Bojack said:
What's the difficulty level kiting them as NIN? If it's night can you constatly out run them without getting hit? What about subbing THF for that oh ***moment and getting the hell away from them. Was thinking of bringing a Hermes Quencher too.

Also, from a SMN burn perspective, how much HP does 5X Predator Claws take off?

Solution: Post in one of the many threads that reviewed strategy on this when they came out next time. If you haven't kited mobs before than I can almost guarantee you will have a hard time. Subbing THF doesn't sound beneficial in any way, Hermes Quencher may not be a bad idea
 Carbuncle.Sterling
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-03-26 17:25:58  
I personally haven't seen NIN kite Images yet but I have seen PLD and RDM both /NIN. One or two Images is doable but if for some reason you have a setup that can't kill him fast and he manages to pop out 3+ Images its very challenging. Predator claws does wonders, I've seen them take off 7-10% of Odin's HP per Predator Claws. I know that a SAM and SMN mixup for the fight works wonders and can get him down in about 2 minutes from first engage to finish.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-03-26 17:48:41  
It seems in my head that Nin would work better (at night) than pld and rdm. From what people say about barely outrunning them with 12%...well double that and it seems like they wouldn't catch you. With thf sub that'd be 1.5 mins of flee with the Quencher (not to mention EVA gear)...seems like a good idea to me. Just looking to see if there's a reason why it'd be bad.
 Sylph.Kozuki
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-03-26 20:11:49  
The images shouldn't be a problem at all, odin dies so fast with a real TP burn set up(not even including a brd, kclub, or anything insane, just normal run of the mill random DD's). Just voke and run in circles I guess.
 Sylph.Sindri
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-26 20:29:01  
That's only at nightime, and if you take the hit your dead. PLD and RDM both get constant movement+ and even if they dont have it they can probably outrun. Assuming they cant, they have the same damage mitigation as NIN and can actually take a single hit from a monster (no offense). PLD + RDM > NIN from what I've seen
 Sylph.Kozuki
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-03-26 20:30:17  
Never seen an odin fight last long enough for kiting images to actually matter.

edit: My last odin I did I had a NIN dd until images popped, then kited them, didn't actually notice them being kited or anything because odin died in 2 mins.
[+]
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-03-26 20:33:19  
Sylph.Kozuki said:
Never seen an odin fight last long enough for kiting images to actually matter.

^ This. If you do a moderate zerg setup (I had 4 SAM, WHM, SMN), and nobody even got damaged. At all. Nothing.

Protip: Do Alexander first, because he's easier, then drag that SMN to Odin and use Perfect Defense and laugh as Odin WS's you for 0.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-03-27 09:04:13  
Well no, it wouldn't matter if you zerg and kill him in a minute lol. But, not every group of friends has good jods for a zerg (or any melee jobs at all) so kiting the images did matter. For the record tho, Nin was definitely the way to go. With EVA gear and AF Feet in effect they couldn't catch up to me to hit me. I'd get so far ahead I could recast Ni without them getting close enough to hit me. I lost maybe 6 shadows the whole time.
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-03-27 09:11:56  
Well, you have both DRK and WAR, so you're covered. Good to hear you won though.