New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » Need help killing Byakko
Need help killing Byakko
 Lakshmi.Thacaptain
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Thacaptain 2010-03-18 02:33:39  
Dear Lakshmi HNMLSs/SkyGod LSs/ or just any other big LS that can get the job done,

Hi I'm looking to kill Byakko and possibly get some new pants for my SAM. The only problem I have is that I dont have enough ppl to do so. So here I am asking for help to kill this cat with rewards for helping. I am willing/going to supply the pop set and would lot Byakko Haidate OR Dryadic ABJ. Depending on what drops. If Haidate drops then that would be my first lot obviously. You would get the remaining drops. If that doesn't drop then Dryadic ABJ will be my second lot. You get the remaining drops. If neither of those drop then I'm hoping we can work something out where I can possibly lot items to possibly make some gil back. I don't belong to a big shell that has "paychecks" at the end of the month for doing end game events so it takes me forever to farm up enough gil to buy these pop items. I have very limited range in my play time due to work and family but I play usually 5am EST -9am EST. Some days I am able to get on earlier than 5 but depending on the week it's only mon/wed and the next week tues. If this sounds fair to you and your LS/group then please contact me so we can work out a deal.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Thacaptain
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2010-03-18 03:37:17  
Good luck on finding one. I'm sure you will get a few ones
[+]
By Wakabo 2010-03-18 04:14:42  
Good luck with that. Especially trying to get a penny of gil for your pops. That seems "fair" but if one item doesn't drop, then you get the next best and so on, that doesn't seem worth the shell's time.

Start farming up things to sell or farm pop sets. On my sam I was able to duo/trio farming diorite just fine /nin. Could save you gil there as well.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-18 05:48:22  
I kind of did like this when I got my kitty pants. Only I offer the ls to kill byakko for me with my popset, if pants drops they're mine, if not tough luck for me, everything else went to the ls that killed him. But, I ended up buying 4 popsets without the pants dropping lol. So I eventually gave up and paid another ls for the pants themselves.

But the way you put it, I doubt anyone will do it for you unless you know there really well and just wanna do it for you to be nice.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-18 07:29:20  
Unfortunately, like others have said, you will most likely have to sweeten the pot a bit before you get many takers. if you have some skillful friends, it may be possible to semi low-man it.

SathFenrir on BG sent me some really good advice on it back when i was after mine. I'll see if i can't dig it up.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-18 07:32:49  
SathFenrir said:
Any 8 players can kill it easily enough if you buy pops. I'd recommend PLD/NIN PLD/NIN RDM/DRK WHM/BLM BRD/BLM THF/DRK BLM/WHM and SCH/RDM (for phalanx / SS / paralyna on tanks) will make you fairly invincible.

BRD ES troub elegy, WHM + BLM do ES slow rotation and tanks trade hate with atonement. Tav taco or Dorado sushi are good choices. Atonement -> Shark bite or mandalic stab is light. SC -> MB. Free stun from all /DRK + BLM in rotation and rinse -> repeat til dead.

Very easy fight if your PLDs have good shield gear sets. Good luck!
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-03-18 07:44:32  
^ Think that's more for BG level players.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-18 07:48:08  
nah, he kills it with 4-5. my social has killed with 8, and we're not bg level by any stretch of the imagination

above setup makes it charby-with-maxed-evasion-double-mambo easy for any group of 8 that is average or above
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-03-18 07:52:44  
Hm. Interesting, although I would tend to go Shark Bite > Atonement rather than the opposite, just for more hate on the pld's.
 Hades.Dizzmal
サーバ: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2010-03-18 08:18:52  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Hm. Interesting, although I would tend to go Shark Bite > Atonement rather than the opposite, just for more hate on the pld's.

either way because it will be a SATA skillchain that puts hate on a PLD. The goal is to share hate so that one pld isn't hold hate the entire time that he loses shadows and starts wasting MP.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-03-18 08:38:07  
Hades.Dizzmal said:
a SATA skillchain

Right, of course. I'm stupid, too early in the AM >.>

edit: oh wait maybe i'm not. sata'ing the SB first put's more hate on the PLD for a bigger atonement. That makes sense right? >.> i'm going back to bed.
 Hades.Dizzmal
サーバ: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2010-03-18 09:11:16  
Bismarck.Altar said:
Hades.Dizzmal said:
a SATA skillchain
Right, of course. I'm stupid, too early in the AM >.> edit: oh wait maybe i'm not. sata'ing the SB first put's more hate on the PLD for a bigger atonement. That makes sense right? >.> i'm going back to bed.

In a way yes, but with 2 Plds being your main DD power they will have close to max hate. Say if you do Thf WS> Atonement, the SATA + SC damage will put so much hate on the current PLD that it would be hard for the other Pld(if they have close to the same gear) to rip hate off the pld with the Sata hate. Leaving Pld number one open for a good triple attack + Claw cyclone or razor fang which can cause a good bit of damage.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-03-18 09:27:23  
@OP.

I see you have BLM. Any BLM, regardless of skill, can solo Byakko. It just takes an assload of EXP, proper postioning (I highly suggest the use of the distance plug in on windower. Granted, I was on 360 and didn't use it when I tried this.), a LOT of time and the will to do this without rage throwing something.

Go cap your EXP on puddings or whatever it is you kids do for fun these days. Astral Burn it for all I care. Just cap it. Don't have it at 40k. You're gonna wanna CAP it. >_>

Now, you can do one of two things. If you're a cheap person but rather risk, go BLM/WHM. Byakko is liable to aggro you when you get in cast range this way, so if you die in aggro range...forgive my language but. Sir, you're ***.

If you go BLM/NIN, you can more likely run in and Bio, then run out of range much more easily. In addition, you can Drain once in a while this way, tacking on a bit more damage.

Get the idea? No? You're gonna Bio-Zombie kill Byakko. It will take hours and a ton of EXP, but you're gonna slowly chip away at its 20,000 or so HP, one DoT at a time. This is much easier if you have a BLM or RDM friend willing to help...but even more of a prize catch if you can dualbox a WHM, or have a WHM WAY the hell away from Byakko to come and R3 you every time you die. Saving 900 EXP per death is very, very scrumptious. a SCH for R2 works well also.

Yeah, I've tried, tested and succeeded this way. It took a bit of EXP even with a WHM to R3, and she got bored as sin after like two hours. xD And a random merc linkshell sent a few hate tells but hey. Got the drop for a buddy of mine, and I walked away with a Behemoth Leather for my troubles.

If all else fails, throw stupidity at Byakko until he dies on your BLM. :D
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-19 02:37:41  
Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
If all else fails, throw stupidity at Byakko until he dies on your BLM. :D

this is a pretty awesome idea but if the pants failed to drop after all that xp loss i would cry hard
[+]
 Lakshmi.Thacaptain
By Lakshmi.Thacaptain 2010-03-19 03:33:35  
Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph said:
@OP. I see you have BLM. Any BLM, regardless of skill, can solo Byakko. It just takes an assload of EXP, proper postioning (I highly suggest the use of the distance plug in on windower. Granted, I was on 360 and didn't use it when I tried this.), a LOT of time and the will to do this without rage throwing something. Go cap your EXP on puddings or whatever it is you kids do for fun these days. Astral Burn it for all I care. Just cap it. Don't have it at 40k. You're gonna wanna CAP it. >_> Now, you can do one of two things. If you're a cheap person but rather risk, go BLM/WHM. Byakko is liable to aggro you when you get in cast range this way, so if you die in aggro range...forgive my language but. Sir, you're ***. If you go BLM/NIN, you can more likely run in and Bio, then run out of range much more easily. In addition, you can Drain once in a while this way, tacking on a bit more damage. Get the idea? No? You're gonna Bio-Zombie kill Byakko. It will take hours and a ton of EXP, but you're gonna slowly chip away at its 20,000 or so HP, one DoT at a time. This is much easier if you have a BLM or RDM friend willing to help...but even more of a prize catch if you can dualbox a WHM, or have a WHM WAY the hell away from Byakko to come and R3 you every time you die. Saving 900 EXP per death is very, very scrumptious. a SCH for R2 works well also. Yeah, I've tried, tested and succeeded this way. It took a bit of EXP even with a WHM to R3, and she got bored as sin after like two hours. xD And a random merc linkshell sent a few hate tells but hey. Got the drop for a buddy of mine, and I walked away with a Behemoth Leather for my troubles. If all else fails, throw stupidity at Byakko until he dies on your BLM. :D

I like this. It honestly made me lol and now I am seriously thinking about it. The only problem is that I have never capped any of my 75 jobs xp. My BLM currently has 3k xp :D

And to everyone else... I am comming to realize that I might have to do a choose 1 or none policy. But so far no one has contacted me. But theres always hope.
 Ragnarok.Inga
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Inga
By Ragnarok.Inga 2010-03-19 03:36:55  
'dear sky linkshells, I want a pair of byakkos haidate, I'll let you lot everything else, but should they not drop I'd like the Shura Legs abjuration in place ^_^ leaving you with ***to pick from, your friend random stranger, P.S. I really like what you've done with the place, we should hook up sometime'

that's basically what I got from this..
[+]
 Lakshmi.Thacaptain
By Lakshmi.Thacaptain 2010-03-26 17:51:59  
Now that I've had time to think about my original post I want to change my original request. I have both Gem of the West and Autumnstone. I am looking for a group of experienced players that will help me kill Byakko. If Byakko's Haidate drops it is mine. If not then sucks to be me and thanks for the help and congrats on the rest of the loot. Please send me a PM or /t in game if you might be interested. I play mostly after midnight EST until around 930am. Very rarely I am able to get on during the day time hours but send me something anyways just in cse I can be on.
Thanks
Cap
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2010-03-26 18:13:13  
Ragnarok.Inga said:
'dear sky linkshells, I want a pair of byakkos haidate, I'll let you lot everything else, but should they not drop I'd like the Shura Legs abjuration in place ^_^ leaving you with ***to pick from, your friend random stranger, P.S. I really like what you've done with the place, we should hook up sometime'

that's basically what I got from this..

You're better off making a new post because any LS considering your offer after clicking your thread will think this (see quote) and stop reading.

I've been on Lakshmi all my FFXI life, until recently I got my BH. The only LS that does this on Lakshmi is Eminence, they require you to get the pop set and charge you 5M if byakko drops the pants and they don't let you have anything else. At least that is how it was when I was getting mine.

Your better off joining a sky LS if you don't want to spend the cash getting these pants.

Or zombie BLM'ing it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-26 18:35:23  
Yeah, like Jag said most of the time even if it's your pop set most will still charge you gil for Haidate. Unless you know the group personally or have close friends in the LS chances are you won't find anyone that'll pop your popset even if they get everything else but one item unless you pay some extra gil for the peice you want.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-26 19:25:17  
My old sky shell wanted a pop set and 5 mil.

They also got lotting rights on everything but the Haidate.

I didn't choose to do this because they were a bunch of ***.

1 year in that shell and no-one saw any gil and we farmed every pop set.
 Fenrir.Dannie
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Dannie
By Fenrir.Dannie 2010-03-26 19:57:05  
haha good luck w/ that most ls only offer 1 reward befor so their ls can do bids on rest u will not get no gil in return from any ls. like i see many people say join a sky ls or make frieds to help u.
and if u do find a ls that will offer either after drop more powa to ya.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Thacaptain
By Lakshmi.Thacaptain 2010-03-29 03:16:01  
done.