Douche Bag Of The Day Award Goes To...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Douche Bag of the Day Award Goes to...
Douche Bag of the Day Award Goes to...
 Cerberus.Magikid
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Magikid18
By Cerberus.Magikid 2010-03-06 15:04:40  
You could always have people bazaar their glasses and pass AF straight away once it's called. Anyone who is slow to pass, or Ninja's, buy their glass before said item drops.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-06 15:08:27  
Cerberus.Magikid said:
You could always have people bazaar their glasses and pass AF straight away once it's called. Anyone who is slow to pass, or Ninja's, buy their glass before said item drops.

They could just remove their glass from bazaar when they Ninja it. Honestly, you should just change your rules when your shouting to just 2AF of their choice. Because Honestly, you can't really know 100% if a person is being honest about the jobs they have.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Atua
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Atua
By Pandemonium.Atua 2010-03-06 15:09:58  
Valefor.Bjarki said:
I would think this type of situation is one of the reasons for which the Linkshell Community was created.

Getting people to sign up on the Ls Community has been a royal pain in the ***. I love the tools on it (Calendar, Player lists, etc) but many people from my ls don't do the web thing very well.

Edit: Oh, and I'm going to have to get them to do it all over again after the merge.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
サーバ: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-06 15:46:50  
your dynamis rules are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to begin with, and tbh that happening was kinda deserved.. even writing peoples lots down before a run, how do you check and confirm that every single person is choosing what they want to lot in accordance to how YOU want them choosing ? you dont and cant.. so you simply let people choose a main/sub lot, regardless of levels.... (if your doing run by run basis type rules that is, and not a long term points system of some kind) anything NOT listed as someones main or sub goes to freelot, and that should be exactly as it sounds.. free lot to anyone that wants it. putting up rules like you stated only gets people screwed like you stated, i mean if someone wants something bad enough, they are going to try and take it <.>

when everyones in the same boat and everyones following the same rules, how can anyone *** about anything ?
[+]
 Cerberus.Furionstormrage
By Cerberus.Furionstormrage 2010-03-06 23:47:11  
Cerberus.Aliiyah said:
Granolaa said:
What am I going to do make them go change jobs during dyna? How do you confirm that inside dyna?

You don't do it during... you do it WAY before hand. Also why you don't do shouts for help... you can get some of the scum of the earth in your run, lottin' ur AFs and stealin' ur coinz.

Tis best to have a website set up, have people fill out an application listing jobs/levels/subs/etc to even join your LS and be able to prove it with SS's or the FFXIAH account info in here. Will save you a lot of grief and posts bashing losers on here. If you don't take such precautions, or if you do shout for help, you get the help you don't want a lot of times and then the only person you really should blame is yourself.

This ^^

Or just require everyone in your LS to register on this site, and keep their job levels unlocked.
 Alexander.Haptic
サーバ: Alexander
user: Haptic
By Alexander.Haptic 2010-03-07 00:01:42  
To me!
All day everyday!
 Hades.Sephrin
サーバ: Hades
user: xSephrinx
By Hades.Sephrin 2010-03-07 00:09:21  
Crud and cerberus is the server use hades folk are being sucked into :<

Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-07 00:12:03  
Hades.Sephrin said:
Crud and cerberus is the server use hades folk are being sucked into :<

I was thinking the same thing.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-03-07 00:20:07  
Ramuh.Tousou said:
Cerberus.Granolaa said:
The lotting rules were 65 only.

Here we go...

1. Person joins shell and agrees to rules.
2. Person decides to get greedy and break rules.
3. Person D2'd and kicked from shell.

Person returns to Dynamis-Whateverzone and re-enters with hourglass, then lots everything that comes his/her way.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kengo
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2010-03-07 20:02:00  
Cerberus.Furionstormrage said:
Cerberus.Aliiyah said:
Granolaa said:
What am I going to do make them go change jobs during dyna? How do you confirm that inside dyna?

You don't do it during... you do it WAY before hand. Also why you don't do shouts for help... you can get some of the scum of the earth in your run, lottin' ur AFs and stealin' ur coinz.

Tis best to have a website set up, have people fill out an application listing jobs/levels/subs/etc to even join your LS and be able to prove it with SS's or the FFXIAH account info in here. Will save you a lot of grief and posts bashing losers on here. If you don't take such precautions, or if you do shout for help, you get the help you don't want a lot of times and then the only person you really should blame is yourself.

This ^^

Or just require everyone in your LS to register on this site, and keep their job levels unlocked.

I'll keep my front door unlocked for you Fur. You don't even have to call ahead of time. If you catch my drift.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vedder
user: Vedder
By Cerberus.Vedder 2010-03-08 10:21:40  
First sign shoulda been the underleveled subjob for the job this person showed up to the event on.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-03-08 10:29:39  
You know, I'm surprised that this hasn't happened on Asura yet.

People shout dynamis runs all the time, and yet, nobody has done this type of *** yet. Well, they are rare if they happen.

Thing is, respectable shells that do shout for pickup people, like mine, tend to keep those pickups and most cases, the pickups apply to the shells they were picked up from. Some people from my shell started as pickups from Dynamis.

What I'm saying is that you shouldn't expect every pickup to be scum, or out to screw you over. There are tards everywhere, but as long as you keep your ears open, you would be able to spot a tard easy.
 Asura.Barthalomew
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-03-08 11:11:57  
Garuda.Sheila said:
That is awful when people do that...why do they feel they deserve it over someone who meets the criteria of the rules? I had a DNC do this to me in some of my LS before...really sucks :(

I want your boobies in mah mouf
[+]
 Cerberus.Furionstormrage
By Cerberus.Furionstormrage 2010-03-08 13:36:30  
Cerberus.Kengo said:
I'll keep my front door unlocked for you Fur. You don't even have to call ahead of time. If you catch my drift.

I see where you're going with this!
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-03-08 14:13:27  
The "Bazzar the Glasses" idea won't work, all it takes is the person to make a copy of the glass before bazzaring it, s/he can do it really quick while inside too, while nobody is looking.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-03-08 14:19:46  
Asura.Korpg said:
The "Bazzar the Glasses" idea won't work, all it takes is the person to make a copy of the glass before bazzaring it, s/he can do it really quick while inside too, while nobody is looking.
If you're gonna ninja lot it isnt hard to take the glass out of your bazaar right before doing so.
The bazaar thing is more useful for getting rid of someone who is afk in a bad spot, the times almost up and you need everyone to pass an af etc.
 Garuda.Guyledouche
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Guyledouche 2010-03-08 14:26:42  
Me. Name says it all.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-08 14:52:36  
I hardly play my 75 BLm har har har..

I got A crystalline and A moogle gear for my thf at 75 and working to get my blu to 75 so i can wear that. Working on A shantotto just to get my legs for the thf/blu gear.

atm, I don't need anymore gear...
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-03-08 15:19:21  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Asura.Korpg said:
If you're gonna ninja lot it isnt hard to take the glass out of your bazaar right before doing so. The bazaar thing is more useful for getting rid of someone who is afk in a bad spot, the times almost up and you need everyone to pass an af etc.
That relies on the fact that they bazaar both glasses.

Bazaar one, hold on to the other, and if somebody buys your glass, the person can just drop party and Ninja everything.
By Granolaa 2010-03-09 00:02:06  
Asura.Korpg said:
You know, I'm surprised that this hasn't happened on Asura yet.

People shout dynamis runs all the time, and yet, nobody has done this type of *** yet. Well, they are rare if they happen.

Thing is, respectable shells that do shout for pickup people, like mine, tend to keep those pickups and most cases, the pickups apply to the shells they were picked up from. Some people from my shell started as pickups from Dynamis.

What I'm saying is that you shouldn't expect every pickup to be scum, or out to screw you over. There are tards everywhere, but as long as you keep your ears open, you would be able to spot a tard easy.

i like your boobs
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-03-09 02:32:42  
Korpg has always had some control on the weak anime-minded...

Put those Boobies in something tighter, Christ!

LOL
 Cerberus.Denaunie
user: Denaunie
By Cerberus.Denaunie 2010-03-09 15:38:38  
Can let this go I think...

It was an open Dynamis run and these things tend to happen here and there. To be fair, the fella came with a group he had been doing other events with, so I think above all else they felt betrayed more than the Dynamis LS did.

Not everyone operates on the honour system and that just is what it is. The guy came with proper job/sub and with recommendations from other members. In an open run, it is the best you can hope for (imho) and when it fails, so be it and move on.

I think the intention of the OP was to warn others if they let this fella into their runs, though I'm not sure that's even necessary. Stuff happens and if he was to seriously apply to any credible full-time LS, there would be a background check and this stuff would likely come out then, when it perhaps matters a little more.

Sadly, there will always be someone who works a system to their advantage; while it's frustrating, we can't control all the variables and it's just the way it goes. Again, I think the people who are most hurt by this guy were the people he came to the Dynamis run with, who trusted him and were then screwed over by him, not the Dynamis LS itself.
[+]