Clothcrafting Help (low Level)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Clothcraft » Clothcrafting help (low level)
Clothcrafting help (low level)
 Ramuh.Kalyna
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-04 06:41:14  
OK i have 2 questions (one's simple the other will involve a long list)

1. OK i'm Clothcrafting 10, i did the cape trade to become a recruit and all that stuff. NOW everywhere i go i see this:
10-19 Linen Thread
Lightning Crystal
Flax Flower x2

so i stocked up on as many flax flowers i can get (im broke now lol) and i had 10 lightning crytals so i started doing that last night.

it failed 90% of the time! Is this normal? Also i got like 1 skill raise doing all that.

is there an easier way to get skill raises at Clothcrafting 10? or at least one that doesn't fail every dang time?

Is there a list somewhere things you can craft at certain levels, like how clothcraft 4 is cape, clothcraft 8 is hachimaki and so on? The guide i'm using is an allakhazam guide (and i wanna know what i can make so i can save money making stuff for when i do lower levels lol) a url will be fine for that.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-03-04 06:46:14  
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Clothcraft
9 levels till cap is a bit high. i personlaly dont do stauff above 8 levels below cap, and only if i really have no otehr choice. if you level 11 or 12 itll be significantly better
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-04 07:03:31  
Should i still try to make linen threads tho even tho they fail alot of times?

also i see this HQ stuff everywhere, someone explain to me how that stuff works? (tho i haven't tried yet lol)
 Ramuh.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-03-04 07:13:36  
Did you have advanced image support when you were trying this?
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-04 07:17:23  
Ramuh.Scizor said:
Did you have advanced image support when you were trying this?
LOL i was sending krizz bitching tells about how it kept failing and he talked about getting support? (no idea what he meant) but didn't talk to him for long cuz he was doing dynamis, as usual.
 Ramuh.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-03-04 07:21:00  
With a jump that big you should use image support its available form the guild, if you check the link that Awezomeos posted not far from the top youll see the name: Terude-Harude he provides advanced image support (slightly raises your skill to help prevent breaks).

There is a small fee but not sure how much it is
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-04 07:29:38  
You could try looking over other people's guides on Wiki. Ctownwoody normally aims to craft spending as little as possible, so you might be best looking through his guide(s) for skilling.

Don't forget to look through the recipes and check FFXIAH though to see if there's anything better for you to craft.
 Asura.Rielle
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Rielle 2010-03-04 07:35:29  
There are various npcs in the guild to the right of the npc that manages guild points that give varying degrees of support.

If you pay gil, it's a higher leveled support, offering up to 3 levels (effectively lifting your cap from 10 to 13), but there are free lower tiers.

Lightning synths are known as "Desynthesis" and are very prone to breaks just due to the nature of the element. Unfortunately, it's something you need to become used to, as clothcraft relies heavily on lightning synths while skilling up (I am 100 clothcraft myself) off crawler cocoons, spider webs, and wamoura cocoons. Learn your directions and how they apply to synthesis (it might sound silly, but facing certain directions when you synth DOES help; to increase success with lightning synths, face south west as you synth).

Feel free to message me if you have any further questions.
[+]
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-03-04 07:40:19  
Also this might be helpfull
http://ffxi.lokyst.net/timer/crafttimer.html
 Phoenix.Jile
サーバ: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2010-03-19 19:40:23  
I tend to over answer.... but just the same:

That crafting timer is great, if your going to take cloth serious - consider it imperative that you use it.

Keep in mind, when your doing synths that are more than 6 levels higher than your skill you will not gain skillups on the blowups and you should lean toward 100% moon phase for the larger gaps to try and blow things up a little less. If you are skilling, especially when you are using more than a few levels gap from the synth, get advanced support. Terude-Harude in Windurst Woods (G-12) will give you the advanced support for a tiny fee - its worth it.

Lightning crystal desynth-disintegrate synths are normally more tempermental than taking the thread you make and turning them into cloth or other items, so yes its normal for them to blow up especially when your skilling and even more so if you get the moon phase wrong or are not facing southwest (some people dispute the direction as being valid - test and decide that for yourself but imho it helps).

A few more pieces of advice.. take all the guides with a grain of salt.. markets change all the time and what worked for some people may not work on your server (if cost is an issue, and you mention being broke it sounds like it is) so use ffxiah and review the recipes.

Lastly I'll suggest you try to find some recipes where you can synth-desynth rinse/repeat, like making cotton cloths from thread, then desynthing it back to thread then making more cloths from the materials till you cap that, then making cotton capes and desynthing that back to threads and making more cloths again each time when you run out of supplies. This method will likely leave you with nothing left to put on the ah but will yeild the most skillups for the amount in your skilling budget.

-Take care
[+]
 Asura.Ladycroft
user: bullihtt
By Asura.Ladycroft 2010-03-19 20:22:12  
clothcraft99.3+2 leahtercraft60+1 if you craft for skill up dont go higher them +5 of your own skill after +5 you dont get skill up GL
 Seraph.Gilhaven
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-03-19 21:00:20  
Try keeping your skill about 5 levels from the recipe either with or without support. You'll find that there are 3 support npc's giving either +1, +2 or +3(the pay for one). If the cap on Flax is 19 then you'd want to be roughly lvl 11-12 skill then get the +3 support to get you to 14-15 and you should get plenty of skill ups. Keep in mind however that as your skill gets higher the amount of support will be less. Example if you were at base skill 15 and got +3 support you'd then be at 18 and too close to the cap to get optimum results. I do alot of farming for skill up mats so I tend to get myself roughly to within 4 points of the cap so I can just craft as I farm and not worry about dragging my *** back to town to get more support. That being said....you can throw all this out the window once you hit 50.

ps...as a side note...if you're a believer in the "which direction to face" theory then you can also tweak your skill's by the way you face to achieve optimum skill ups. Basically the Easy direction will add +1, the Neutral direction will be 0 and the hard will be -1. I can't be 100% positive that direction actually DOES make a difference but I do know that there have been times when I'd get nothing for skill ups then just change my direction and get 3-4 in a row. /shrug. Either way good luck.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-03-19 21:02:32  
I have never had a better or worse skillup rate being closer or non closer to cap.
 Unicorn.Rilu
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-03-24 14:30:45  
Asura.Ladycroft said:
clothcraft99.3 2 leahtercraft60 1 if you craft for skill up dont go higher them 5 of your own skill after 5 you dont get skill up GL

Not quite sure on that - I skilled up on Green Ribbons from 53-60. I also used larger than 5 skill level gaps for some of my cooking skillup too on my mule (currently 99.3).

Keeping your skill to cap ratio closer will indeed decrease your breaks though. The 5 level spread is a good average. I like to keep it even closer than that once you get past 60 as well, but it all depends on the available recipes for certain level gaps.

You can get my crafting data by checking my profile.

Good luck with your crafting :)
By Kanjirou 2010-03-24 14:38:43  
Some interesting tips here. Thanks for these.

I'm just starting to get into cloth and I'm wondering: assuming I do everything smart, skill off cheap recipes, use the timer, make sure cap isn't too far from lvl, etc., about how much should it cost me to go from 30 cloth to 50 cloth? 60 cloth? 70? etc? I'm sure it gets exponentially higher as you go, but I'm wondering how far I can get if I invest what I currently have on me (about 600k-700k.)
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-03-24 14:52:00  
Technically you can get to 60ish cloth for the price of crystals, it just takes a couple days farming and sitting in zones while you synth everything up into stacks and the like.
if you're after a Clothcrafting for Cheapskates guide, holler at me and I can PM you one that will get you to the 60s on farming alone.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-24 15:00:22  
Only make such high jumps if the materials are very cheap and there are no better alternatives.

EDIT: That is to say, if you buy your materials. I really prefer to farm EVERYTHING that's farmable. lol
 Unicorn.Rilu
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-03-24 16:21:21  
Asura.Israfel said:
Technically you can get to 60ish cloth for the price of crystals, it just takes a couple days farming and sitting in zones while you synth everything up into stacks and the like. if you're after a Clothcrafting for Cheapskates guide, holler at me and I can PM you one that will get you to the 60s on farming alone.

I echo this - Clothcraft is one craft that can be leveled extremely inexpensively - If you are willing to farm all the materials you will need. Basically to get to 60, you will need a TON of silk - so start farming those crawlers! you can also farm sheep and turn the wool into wool threads, and desynthing goblin armours for cotton thread. this will give you a majority of what you need to get to 60. It will just take a LOT of time.

even though I leveled my craft over 4 years ago, I even went through the more inexpensive route - I farmed all my spider webs in Boyhada Tree, because when I did that span of levels, there was no such thing as Attercops and webs sold for 30K Each.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [531 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Cianti
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2011-09-06 19:38:03  
I used alla for low levels, then I used this site and choose items that were cheap and 3-4 levels above skill.

It helps to get some subs done for better options.
 Asura.Planet
user: Jovant
By Asura.Planet 2011-09-06 19:45:19  
531 day bump? o.O; i think its safe to say it:

/thread
 Carbuncle.Cianti
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2011-09-06 19:56:53