Gear For A 70+ Warrior????

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Gear for a 70+ Warrior????
Gear for a 70+ Warrior????
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-03-03 00:00:24  
Hey I just finished my LB5 two days ago and was wondering about gearing my WAR. Any suggestions folk??? Gil is not really an issue for me. Also I was told to have three sets of gear. One for soloing, for tanking, and one for DD.Was I told correctly??
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-03 00:02:08  
It's a good thing gil isn't an object. Building even a mediocre WAR from the AH is quite expensive. Kitty pants are currently quite important for a WAR. It is possible that they will become less important when the expansions/new level cap come out. You may want to buy a pair from a sky linkshell or you may want to wait and see what the update brings.

You will need several sets of gear. Mine aren't optimal by any means. like you, for the most part i'm an AH war, so my sets may be especially helpful.

I'll post my sets

Engaged

Only thing you can't get from AH here is Kitty Pants. Since gil isn't an object, I'd suggest Oily Trousers instead.

Augs on Erlking's are DMG +6 Attack +6, Poison +3

I strongly suggest getting a kheten. any damage boost you can get(3-6) brings it close to perdu, and it's very cheap. Some augment combinations are even debatably better than perdu.

Idle

This set isn't that nessecary. Evasion is the wrong stat to boost for a war idle set. I should really use a set of darksteel armor for -PDT here. I made this set when i didn't know how bad WAR evasion was and I've been too lazy to change it. Jelly ring is an easy nm and worth getting. Orochi is very nice for idle regen. Hermes' Sandals are WORTH IT, probably best AH purchase i've made for my WAR.

Raging Rush

Replace Kitty Pants with Oily. Virtuso belt is an easy camp and well worth getting. Rutter Sabatons are also very easy and should be on any non-endgame WAR's to-do list. I probably have too much accuracy and not enough STR/attk/dex on this set. Veggettos and Raenryongs, i welcome corrections.

Enmity Actions

Not vital but nice to have. for true ah, replace any IR or askar on here with the Adaman equivalent, which still gives a nice enmity boost.

Solo Engaged

Evasion/acc/haste

slight compromise on assault earring, too good a piece to let go. Bloody bolts are important to have here

Solo RR is the same as normal rr except Fire Bomblet is replaced with Staurobow

I have KJ and SC sets but i don't think you will be needing those for a while. I strongly recommend spellcast, pm me if you would like my xml.

A solo set is nice to have, though the best solo set is [Job Change].

War's don't tank much anymore, so i wouldn't worry about that too much. If you do tank, i recommend /nin and haste for shadow recast as opposed to -PDT or DEF gear.

If you are /nin, you need 5 sTP for a 7 hit build on a 504 delay weapon. Since you don't have rajas, i suggest eating carbonara to get the sTP and 7-hit.

If you are /sam, you need 22 stp for a 6-hit build. You get 15 from /sam. I suggest carbonara/rajas + rose strap, which you get from campaign.

another possibility is ecphoria+chiv+carbonara/rajas

i'm quite sleepy and sure i missed stuffs. pm me if you need clarification
[+]
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-03-03 00:11:16  
My war is just getting up there, certainly not 75 yet, so I don't have all the best for it yet. But I've gathered some stuff for it for it for later, and so far I've got a perdu voulge, hauberk, kirin's osode, byakko shorts, aurum (spelling?) sabatons, rajas ring, brutal earring, fowling earring, some heca stuff, genbu's kabuto, walahra turban, just some of the basics. I still need more, most notably I will definitely be needing a blurple-berk when I have enough points in my einherjar ls to get one.

I probably won't make three sets, simply because with three other 75 jobs I don't have the time, room, or money. The only thing I've ever really tanked is campaign mobs, with /dnc and defender (and retaliation) I've been fine, haven't seen a huge need for a defensive set-up. I also have a constant duo'ing buddy and therefore I will likely never bother with a solo set. I have some different ws sets, I've arranged my macros to have different gear for King's Justice, Steel Cyclone, and Raging Rush (putting genbu's kabuto on for one, O hat on for another, kirin's osode for one, heca harness for another, etc, depending on their mods and if they are multi-hits.) But as far as gear swaps go, I probably will never have more than one basic tp gear set. I'm just not that leet. /blush
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-03-03 00:43:24  
Well thanks you two for the info. I am sorry to ask such a broad question. Sadly I am still pretty new to the game and there is SO MUCH stuff I do not know!!!
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-03 00:45:20  
not done with post yet lol, still building sets
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-03 01:02:23  
quoted when i meant to edit lol, sorry i'm 90% asleep
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-03-03 01:08:47  
Any advice Sev is most welcomed please!!
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-03 01:20:17  
Set your sights on finding a COP static and getting Sea. Rajas, Brutal, and Swift would be huge improvements, for me as well as you. Loquacious would also be awesome for shadow recast.

There's word going around that COP areas will be uncapped and COP will be a breeze. CoP areas will definitely become uncapped, but as for CoP becoming easier, I'll believe that when i see it. They didn't say anything about uncapping the battlefields, so i think they will be as hard as ever. I also think the monsters in COP areas will be uncapped as well.

Still, i hope i'm wrong, because if i am, both of us can finish COP in a matter of days instead of weeks or months.

Sky is even more important for byakko's and hecatomb, but unlike rajas/brutal/loquacious, you generally cant get byakko's/heca the day after you unlock sky
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-03 06:17:19  
Odin.Liela said:
My war is just getting up there, certainly not 75 yet, so I don't have all the best for it yet. But I've gathered some stuff for it for it for later, and so far I've got a perdu voulge, hauberk, kirin's osode, byakko shorts, aurum (spelling?) sabatons, rajas ring, brutal earring, fowling earring, some heca stuff, genbu's kabuto, walahra turban, just some of the basics. I still need more, most notably I will definitely be needing a blurple-berk when I have enough points in my einherjar ls to get one.

What is a dude with no sky and no sea gonna get out of this >.>

well hauberk and wally turban i suppose...
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-03-03 06:57:00  
well i think u can replace kitty pants for the Barbarossa's Zerehs RareEx
[Legs] All Races
DEF:36 STR+4 VIT+4 Haste+3%
LV 75 WAR MNK THF BST BRD RNG SAM NIN DRG COR PUP DNC if u dont have a sky group to go with also i do real good soloing with /blu solign with war specially in campain osode walmart turbon and askar boots give a nice mp boost (unless u a galka where it just gives u mp period) Rageig rush is a crit/acc build IE ACC/dex Steel cyclone is vit/str . umm not awake yet ill come back to this when can think clearly for more lol
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-03-03 07:26:21  
been working on WAR for a bit but this is what i got so far
think i just need a adaburk to be done with this job, but then they announced lv99 >.>

Engaged

RR (Galea: STR+6/WSACC+15)

RR VS G.Colibri (DEX CAP RATE)

KJ

SC

Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-03-03 07:36:21  
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
RR (Galea: STR 6/WSACC 15)

I am confused by this set.

You use it for RR on non-birds. OK, but most things (worth building sets for) that aren't birds are more evasive and have more defence and more DEX.

Yet you remove Accuracy and Attack (and a small amount of DEX).

If that set is built of Limbus/salvage/nyzul (all non-boss) then it makes sense; but if it is designed for higher end mobs then I would keep the Hauby+1 and maybe use an acc ring.

Edit: You should also consider Aggressor Up/Down builds.

And yes I know lvl 99 is coming and that's going to make a some/all of your effort pointless, but just some friendly advice.
 Fenrir.Shambo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-31 08:53:45  
Like omg this is what I have right now.

[+]