Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 07:29:35  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
yep. My point is just that I would like to see the TP gear that the ppl who says "If ACC is capped then use AF body" use, well capped on anything tougher than T mobs that is lol
and everyone else's point is don't use koga, as for DD purposes, it is NEVER the best

try and read before responding? in my first post in this thread i was questioning why someone gave the advice to use AF body over koga, not once have i argued that koga > hauby.

I did however say that koga > AF body because its hard (or expensive) to reach acc cap using AF body.

My NIN TP item set has hauby even though i own koga. clear enough for you?
There ARE situations where AF > haub. Any situaiton AF > haub, AF > AF2. Any other situation use haub. Period.

Any situation where af2 > af, isn't worth mentioning because in that case AF2 is still inferior to haub.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 07:31:38  
also, just because it's expensive to reach good acc, doesn't make AF worse by default, it makes your set up worse than the set up w/ good enough acc to use AF
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-28 08:09:42  
What are you arguing about?

You make it sound as if i have been arguing how much better Koga is over hauby.

Far from everyone have access to the gearset

Edit: nvm this itemset, its the wrong one because quoting dont work.

that Vincentius posted on page 1 because no salvage or not millions of gil just laying around. And Those who do have access to that gear probably already know when acc is capped and what body piece to use, right?

And dont forget that race playing a part here as well, me beeing elvaan has even harder to cap acc with A- katana than a mithra would for example. And sure, fighting anything but merit birds you can eat pizza(+1), but no one in the right mind would bring 40+ pizza's and spam them because they feel like meriting on their nin.

The statement that "If acc is capped AF body, if not capped haubergeon. Both are much better choices for TP." Feels kind of irrelvant, because if you have good enough gear to have capped ACC while wearing AF body, then you probably already these things, or bought your account.

Besides, arguing how good AF body is for TP'ing in (if acc is capped) eventually gonna result in lv 58+ NIN's that spent most of their time level syncing in qufim TP'ing in AF body in bird pt's because they have no clue what ACC cap is, and because they read on the intenet that TP in AF body > all lol

Anyway, leaving this thread. Hauby > Koga > AF for me because im far from beeing capped on my ACC with AF on.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 08:19:14  
If you're doing birds, you'll prolly be wanting to use crab sushi anyways, which would bring AF back into play, as even the build you just posted above wouldn't cap acc on birds
 Caitsith.Jadi
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 09:07:15  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Koga Chainmail's only use: Claiming Dark Ixion.

+90% accuracy? Ninja Chainmail (+1).

Need evasion? Scorpion Harness (+1).

Need accuracy? Haubergeon (+1).

Need both evasion and accuracy? Scorpion Harness (+1).

Ignoring Usukane Haramaki since it's basically just a fancier upgrade from the harness for this topic.

Name a situation where "mid-ground" evasion would be acceptable (since when the hell wouldn't you want more evasion when you don't want Haubergeon's -EVA to begin with?), but you require heavy accuracy: There is none.

A Blade: Ku set might be best off with Koga Body. For Blade: Jin Haubergeon is superior because of the mods. Also keep in mind that Nin does not get as much out of Haubergeon as, for instance, a Sam would.

If you want big Jin's stack as much dex as you can get your hands on.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 09:23:26  
Koga body for Blade: Ku? Definitely not

Haub+1:
12 acc, 12 attack
6 str, 6 dex = a total of 15 acc 15 attack 1-2 FSTR (3 attack 3 acc from dex)

Koga chainmail:
12 acc, 16 attack

So we're looking at 1-2 fstr, 3 acc vs 1 attack. Koga doesn't even have a chance to compete, and this is before even looking at mods (even if they don't add much anyways)
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-28 09:31:35  
People use Blade: Ku?
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 09:44:19  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
What are you arguing about?

You make it sound as if i have been arguing how much better Koga is over hauby.

Far from everyone have access to the gearset

Edit: nvm this itemset, its the wrong one because quoting dont work.

that Vincentius posted on page 1 because no salvage or not millions of gil just laying around. And Those who do have access to that gear probably already know when acc is capped and what body piece to use, right?

And dont forget that race playing a part here as well, me beeing elvaan has even harder to cap acc with A- katana than a mithra would for example. And sure, fighting anything but merit birds you can eat pizza( 1), but no one in the right mind would bring 40 pizza's and spam them because they feel like meriting on their nin.

The statement that "If acc is capped AF body, if not capped haubergeon. Both are much better choices for TP." Feels kind of irrelvant, because if you have good enough gear to have capped ACC while wearing AF body, then you probably already these things, or bought your account.

Besides, arguing how good AF body is for TP'ing in (if acc is capped) eventually gonna result in lv 58 NIN's that spent most of their time level syncing in qufim TP'ing in AF body in bird pt's because they have no clue what ACC cap is, and because they read on the intenet that TP in AF body > all lol

Anyway, leaving this thread. Hauby > Koga > AF for me because im far from beeing capped on my ACC with AF on.
hume nin/war in that gear set, minus bomb core + fire bomblett gives 81% hitrate on lv 82 birds, 85% hitrate on lv 81 birds. (average of 83%)

Shouldn't be eating meat w/ this build, so any nin w/ less acc should also be eating crab sushi at birds.

Add crab sushi, caps hitrate for both

-usu body (or haub for others), still capped
minus cuch mantle (for forager in its place to make up for lost attack), 94% hitrate on lv 82 birds, capped for 81, averages to 94.5% hitrate

So, you gain 6% DW (nin body+1), which is a, 5(added dual wield)/40 (total dual wield), 5/40 = 8.33% increase, and an average of 11.5% hitrate, which is, 11.5/83 = 13.85% increase.

1.1385 x 1.0833 = 23.3% increase total

Now, to give you the exact increase from haub +kabob, I'd need to know your exact attack value to give you an accurate answer, but i can guarantee you it will be less than 23.3% of an increase, just based off maths I've done w/ kabobs on other jobs.

So, again, how did you get Haub+1 > Koga > AF?

Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 11:23:45  
Not sure who that was directed towards, but if it was me, I was doing haub+1, not nq haub.
By Pelican 2010-01-28 11:27:54  
Nothing special really, damage on jin can jump all over the place from my experience. Being a taru does not help much either I suppose. I have tried to use meat for these parties, but honestly sushi has always been better overall. Pretty sure crab sushi was out back then, so I would be spending lots on sole and such. These are a sample of some decent weapon skill damage taken from the last couple times I merited on my ninja sometime last Spring, prior to Yonin existing. I really have not touched my ninja since then or have played with Yonin at all so cannot really comment on that.

Stupid thing about this weaponskill is I can go anywhere from 300 damage to spiking to 1500 at times.
 Caitsith.Jadi
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 11:49:40  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
People use Blade: Ku?

Nobody I know.. I think it might be a useful WS tho with the proper setup. Least it looks cool.. right?

The +1 Haub is always better than Koga. Yes. Something else that comes to mind that is a possibility for Ku is Shuras.

For me personally the +1 is not worth the 3 mil.. I don't play Ninja often enough as it is and almost never use it for DD. In fact I've thought about selling my NQ.. not much good packing around WS gear when you only ever main an Earth Staff.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-01-28 12:14:02  
Wow, I'm glad Vegetto took care of this argument, because I saw all sorts of things that just made me die a little inside.

1. He pulls the race card. (Hay, I'm elvaan too.)

2. He pulls the "Omg that's too expensive" card. (The itemset you quoted is what MY ninja wears, I kept the one I made for my example as a private one.) The ***in that itemset is not that damned hard to obtain. The feet were probably the worst, but if you're a real ninja, you'll try to obtain these anyways.

3. He pulls the "My situation is different" card, even though we're all playing the same game. That one got me the most.
 Titan.Mylliana
サーバ: Titan
user: Mylliana
By Titan.Mylliana 2010-01-28 12:58:46  
I just wanted to comment on a couple things.

If your acc isn't capped, assuming food has been used, would the best bodies be, Haub(+1) >> Koga >> shura >> AF(+1)

On the, item is to expensive comment, some people do have a much harder time making money, this can be due to varied play times, other stuff they are buying first, being in an EG shell that doesn't make a lot of money for it's members, etc.

That being said, Cuch/Snipers+1 are items that are hard to obtain, I know it can be done if the person puts a lot of effort into setting up isnm/enm/farming/etc. Or in the case of mantle, get lucky on the bcnm for it and get the drop.

Usu feet aren't "hard" to obtain, just take a lot of repeated runs/luck, I would say a decent group wouldn't have too much difficulty doing the runs required over and over, would get into a good habit/pattern. After all, the rarest drop is the 35 piece and you can do that with a 4 man shout group every day until you get it. (assuming you have 2 ppl who can dualbox entry)

Back on topic. I've never taken screenshots of my DMG but, I remember my best ones for mamool ja/trolls being 1.4k on a Mamool inflitrator, and 1.3k on the troll warrior. I don't remember my nin dmg on birds, because I hate going NIN to birds since i have RNG.. so I can't really comment, but a friend of mine plays w/ Blau there and does pretty good dmg.

Also, Innin is fun for crit spikes on mamool where your Crit isn't capped from dDex.
 Cerberus.Sonfreil
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sonfreil
By Cerberus.Sonfreil 2010-02-04 21:30:17  
I find fighting Mamool more enjoyable.
 Titan.Agents
サーバ: Titan
user: Laddie
By Titan.Agents 2010-02-04 21:45:31  
Pelican said:
Nothing special really, damage on jin can jump all over the place from my experience. Being a taru does not help much either I suppose. I have tried to use meat for these parties, but honestly sushi has always been better overall. Pretty sure crab sushi was out back then, so I would be spending lots on sole and such. These are a sample of some decent weapon skill damage taken from the last couple times I merited on my ninja sometime last Spring, prior to Yonin existing. I really have not touched my ninja since then or have played with Yonin at all so cannot really comment on that. Stupid thing about this weaponskill is I can go anywhere from 300 damage to spiking to 1500 at times.
True strike...you next WS could be worse dmg with same setup lol...I wish it miss instead seeing some ridiculous dmg that make me /cry LOL
 Fenrir.Shambo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-02-04 22:17:21  
your characters are on steroids lol
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-02-05 15:34:44  
Havent done a bird pt as nin in a really really long time, but i did go out and get some buffer last night at MMSP, was averaging 800-1100 blade jins, with misses bottoming out at 400ish. Had no issues keeping hate off a drk and a rng.
[+]
 Asura.Charzue
サーバ: Asura
user: CalmCCF
By Asura.Charzue 2010-02-09 06:52:19  
Pelican said:
Nothing special really, damage on jin can jump all over the place from my experience. Being a taru does not help much either I suppose. I have tried to use meat for these parties, but honestly sushi has always been better overall. Pretty sure crab sushi was out back then, so I would be spending lots on sole and such. These are a sample of some decent weapon skill damage taken from the last couple times I merited on my ninja sometime last Spring, prior to Yonin existing. I really have not touched my ninja since then or have played with Yonin at all so cannot really comment on that. Stupid thing about this weaponskill is I can go anywhere from 300 damage to spiking to 1500 at times.
Can I see your ws setup? I'm starting to wonder whether I should get a flame ring instead of my thunder ring. I had a flame ring to ws in but I got thunder to max crit rate on birds. 4/8 Katana and I get pretty consistent ws on avg like 750 but i never see crazy 1400+ numbers like you guys lol. This is my ws setup
Main: Senj
Offhand: Shusui
Ammo: Fire Bomblet
Head: Ohat
Necklace: PCC
Ear1: Brutal Earring
Ear2: Ethereal Earring
Body: Hauby(saving up for hauby+1atm)
Hands: Nin Tekko+1
Ring1: Thunder Ring
Ring2: Rajas Ring
Back: Foragers Mantle
Waist: Warwolf Belt
Legs: Byakko's Haidate
Feet: Marine M Boots
 Asura.Lordgenbu
user: Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2010-02-09 07:13:02  
You would probably benefit more getting the Shura Zunari Kabuto.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-02-09 07:31:27  
Dunno whether these count, if they take extra damage or something, was surprised to randomly see this damage, considering the crappy setup i have.

Leviathan.Pelican
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Pelican
By Leviathan.Pelican 2010-02-10 01:32:23  
Asura.Charzue said:
Pelican said:
Can I see your ws setup? I'm starting to wonder whether I should get a flame ring instead of my thunder ring. I had a flame ring to ws in but I got thunder to max crit rate on birds. 4/8 Katana and I get pretty consistent ws on avg like 750 but i never see crazy 1400 numbers like you guys lol. This is my ws setup
Main: Senj
Offhand: Shusui
Ammo: Fire Bomblet
Head: Ohat
Necklace: PCC
Ear1: Brutal Earring
Ear2: Ethereal Earring
Body: Hauby(saving up for hauby 1atm)
Hands: Nin Tekko 1
Ring1: Thunder Ring
Ring2: Rajas Ring
Back: Foragers Mantle
Waist: Warwolf Belt
Legs: Byakko's Haidate
Feet: Marine M Boots

For my Blade:Jins in those pictures I posted, my set looked like this:

Main - Senji
Off - Perdu
Ammo - Fire Bomblet
Head - Shr.Znr.Kabuto
Neck - Breeze Gorget
Ear1 - Minuet Earring
Ear2 - Brutal Earring
Body - Haubergeon +1
Hands - Nin. Tekko +1
Ring1 - Rajas Ring
Ring2 - Flame Ring
Back - Foragers Mantle
Waist - Warwolf Belt
Legs - Byakko's Haidate
Feet - Rutter Sabatons

Nothing too out of the ordinary really as far as gear goes. I have 8/8 katana merits, 4/4 crit hit and 5/5 STR merits, but I am also a taru so my base STR on ninja with merits is 69, lol.

The only thing I have picked up in the past couple months that I would use different is my Anwig Salade which I put Str/Dex +4, WS Acc +15, Crit Hit Dmg +2% Augments on it. I have yet to dust off my ninja to try that head piece in a merit party.

I love my ninja, but sadly it is not that practical for end game, so I have not touched it for a really long time.
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-02-10 06:14:55  
Did a quick recap pt the other night at MMSP, using pizza +1 was getting anywhere from 600 on the low up to 1500. I really want to try at birds, if my nin somehow manages to outperform my rng with the shitty gear i use on nin, i will cry.

also, have to dig out a screenie of a 2279 blade: jin to the ghost clot on F1 SE Apollyon.
Quote:
Feet - Rutter Sabatons

Not using Koga at night?
I've been using denali in the day and koga at night, my marine f boots havent left my moghouse since.
 Leviathan.Pelican
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Pelican
By Leviathan.Pelican 2010-02-10 08:29:59  
Nah, I do not go as far to micro manage my sets for day and night. I am pretty stubborn and refuse to use windower macros/spell cast stuff so I already am having to hit 3-4 macros to get to all my WS gear, another 3 to get back to tp, lol.

I never really considered using denali for WS. There is a trade off of 5 att on Rutters vs 5 acc on the denali with the same amount of STR. If I ever get around to messing with my ninja, I might try them out. A lot of my macros and gear stuff needs to be adjusted anyways. All my macros for ninja were made sometime in 2007 and have not really been touched since.
 Asura.Charzue
user: CalmCCF
By Asura.Charzue 2010-02-10 11:25:47  
I'm thinking i need to start using pizza+1, seems like the best food for nin imo for dd. Usually i'll use sole sushi or mithkabobs but pizza looks like a nice balance.
 Fairy.Nekozuko
user: Nekozuko
By Fairy.Nekozuko 2010-02-24 22:18:13  
This is SS I have saved

This was before my Moogle hat or my Fudo augment so I can prob put up higher Jin then that.