フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » On Posting RL Info
On Posting RL Info
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-01-10 23:05:08  
I had to close a thread earlier because some folks were posting an FF player's personal info, including RL address and contact info, etc. Because it was already publicly available on another site, people thought it was okay to re-post without asking. It wasn't, and let me explain why.

If some internet psycho saw that info, and something happened to that poor person, it wouldn't matter that it wasn't you. The fact you re-posted the information that lead to the crime could mean you "facilitated" the act in question, which is itself quite serious. It would also mean that this site, by allowing you to do so, could be seen as complicit. For proof, look at the MySpace stalker/suicide cases, and which parties were indicted on the charges.

The case might be sketchy, we might have a strong counter-argument, and they probably wouldn't be able to convict you or us of anything in the end. But they could still haul our *** into court. If you don't have a few grand on you in bail money, that means you could sit in prison awaiting trial. And if you're a minor, that would mean hauling in your parents too. I guarantee they would never let you within a foot of a computer ever again if you made them go through that.

I don't want to end up standing side by side with any of you at a defense table in court any time soon. So please, think before you post.
[+]