UGH. Food Help Prz.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » UGH. Food help prz.
UGH. Food help prz.
First Page 2
 Remora.Belius
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-12-19 03:23:26  
I'm slowly starting to learn about WAR.

I find that how often you hit the mob with your slowtohell GA makes the difference between a good war and a bad war.

Is it okay to use ACC food and wear DEX rings? How do you gear a WAR in an exp PT?

Only have BST/RDM 75 so not very used to the DD'ing.

Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 03:29:55  
At your lvl I usually use acc food/gear regardless cause well your acc is far from capped usually. Also at lower lvls axe/swd or axe/axe might do better. Might kinda depend on merits gear selection and how good your sturmwind is doing compared to raging axe. Both can do good dmg at that lvl but sturmwind will start pulling ahead fast.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-12-19 03:44:14  
Not much accuracy gear choices at your level. I'd just use some cheap sushi (bream, squid or sole if you can afford it) and attack/accuracy gear. Don't worry about accuracy from DEX really. That doesn't come into play until later levels like from Byakko's Haidate where its a big chunk mixed with haste.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-12-19 03:45:24  
Oh okay. A good sturmwind does about 120 on goblins, knocks a good 18% HP off. I like being /sam for the storeTP but is axe/axe or axe/sword a better option? I have axe/sword capped on BST/RDM so it's easy for me to use between them.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-12-19 03:48:52  
As Dasva said, Acc Food/Gear is the way to go.

Pizza shouldn't be a terrible choice at 27, and don't forget that at 30+ Sushi's will give you way more Acc than Pumpkins/Dumplings.

Using 2 DEX rings for "TP" is more than fine, if you can be bothered with gearswaps then can put on 2 STR rings for WS.

If you can get hold of it, I recommend getting a Neckchopper. Big accuracy boost, especially at that level. Personally, I loved mine until Lv.31 when I traded it out for Twicer, but I've heard of people using it until Horror Voulge at 37.

There are also a few new pieces of gear with Accuracy on them for low levels. A back piece (I forget the name) and the Precision Bandana are the only 2 I can think of off the top of my head.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_search.php?&slots[]=16&slots[]=32&slots[]=64&slots[]=128&slots[]=256&slots[]=512&slots[]=1024&slots[]=6144&slots[]=24576&slots[]=32768&jobs[]=2&description=Accuracy%2B&level[1]=35&fields[0]=2

This should help!

Anyway, late for work XD Hope this is remotely useful.

EDIT: omg it still didn't work >_>
 Pandemonium.Areis
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2009-12-19 03:55:04  
Kinda sucks War can't use Battle Gloves or Combat Mittens.
As far as food goes though at low levels you'll see less bonus from Sushi (which is +% Acc) compared to other food sources.

One good option for soloing is Jack O'lantern which will give +10 Acc & +10 Evasion, lasting for 3 hours. Marinara Pizza also gives +Acc & +Atk (forget numbers off hand) but they aren't +% so you'd get the same bonus at level 1 as at level 75.

Somewhere in the late 40's to early 60's you'll start seeing where +% food will surpass +X food.

There are a few other choices out there, and wearing Dex rings at 27 is definatly reasonable.

Depending on your situation you might find /Mnk preferable to /Sam, or even /Dnc. /Sam is "best" when you can use Hasso or reduce # hit/WS (5~6hit setup), otherwise you get only very small stat buffs.
 Pandemonium.Areis
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2009-12-19 03:56:34  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
EDIT: omg it still didn't work >_>

Might be better to just make an itemset and link it with the tags instead of trying to do search.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 03:56:41  
Remora.Belius said:
Oh okay. A good sturmwind does about 120 on goblins, knocks a good 18% HP off. I like being /sam for the storeTP but is axe/axe or axe/sword a better option? I have axe/sword capped on BST/RDM so it's easy for me to use between them.
It can be. Partly due to gear choices especially around 30. Also gotten evaluate if that store tp is doing you any good and how fast would that get you to 100% vs the axe/swd(axe) and DW delay.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 03:59:15  
Pandemonium.Areis said:
One good option for soloing is Jack O'lantern which will give +10 Acc & +10 Evasion, lasting for 3 hours. Marinara Pizza also gives +Acc & +Atk (forget numbers off hand) but they aren't +% so you'd get the same bonus at level 1 as at level 75.
Marinara Pizza is

HP +20
Attack +20% (Cap: 50 @ 250 Base Attack)
Accuracy +10% (Cap: 40+@ 400+ Base Accuracy)
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-12-19 04:09:56  
Thanks for the replies! And especially you, Hitetsu, for replying at the cost of being late to work!

I'll experiment, I'll carry weapons and just use them depending. Would like to cap the GAXE through parties though. Might also do polearm since everyone loves a polearm 55+ and I'm going to be using ACC food anyway!

Do I keep this same format as I go exping? ACCgear/dex and STR for TPing in? And food choices that give both?

Remora.Abriel
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 04:20:30  
I can't speak much for weapons because I got war to 75 before "the" update, but food's an easy one. a lot of the lower level sushi have pretty nice +acc%, but cap somewhat low. if I remember right tentacle sushi is good for low level, highest +% with a decent cap, and hey, added bonus of +1% double attack, lol. around 40~50 you'll want to use something with a higher cap, if you're using great axe marinara pizza may even be viable (consider this the best acc food available because it gives both decent atk and acc, when you get to end-game with strong builds it'll give you the biggest damage boost when you can't get near enough to cap acc on gear alone).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 04:33:24  
Remora.Belius said:
Thanks for the replies! And especially you, Hitetsu, for replying at the cost of being late to work!

I'll experiment, I'll carry weapons and just use them depending. Would like to cap the GAXE through parties though. Might also do polearm since everyone loves a polearm 55 and I'm going to be using ACC food anyway!

Do I keep this same format as I go exping? ACCgear/dex and STR for TPing in? And food choices that give both?
What you mean as you go xping? Like higher lvls? Or for polearm? Both?
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 04:56:09  
for xp you generally want to load acc (to a lesser degree dex if acc isn't yet available) 'till you've capped your hit-rate, from there on haste then atk/str (depending on gear choices, weapon and buffs one may benefit you more than the other). hit-rate and haste help all aspects of your damage output (same with being able to survive if you take too much hate, but that's a different story), attack and str help to a lesser degree since they rely upon your ability to land hits and your attack speed.

for merits it's generally the same, but with the high value of haste you'll most likely be getting through buffs there will be times when a point or two of haste can outweigh the gain you get from a minimal amount of acc (I'm not saying it always will, some times it can esp. if you're using 1-handed weapons, but you should be using a 2-handed weapon in most cases at this point).
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-12-19 07:51:58  
Higher levels.

OH okay, that make sense.

How do I know when I cap my hitrate?
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-19 08:14:42  
lol, that's a good question. the only ways are to either; remove all acc gear and continually check the enemy's eva rating and add more and more 'till it checks as low, at that point you calculate how much more acc you need to reach cap (I can't quite remember all the info because it's been a long time, but it should be easy enough to find). or you can use a parser, lol.

as you're leveling you probably won't normally cap your hit-rate unless your party is targeting VT enemies, even then you'll probably want to use full acc food unless you're confident enough to use something else. you may notice your damage seem weak on some enemies so you'll mostly be relying on party buffs and dia/2 to increase your damage/hit+ws as will other members. a weak hit is a weak hit, but a miss is no damage or tp at all.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-12-19 08:33:50  
Nods! That was my first worry. Hitting and doing too little damage. So I wanted to find the best ratio to actually hit and produce some decent numbers.

and I do that trick all the time! It's fun, so I know if a mob I can skill on or not. Haha.

The dex does help sometimes, but I still find I miss on most of my hits eating sushi.. I'll look at some gear like woodsman as Hitty suggested! Thanks for the input Abriel :D
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-19 09:27:15  
Also ffxi calculator can tell you on the mobs with known evasion if you got capped hitrate. If you do decide to go polearm probably gunna need a bit more acc then axe/gaxe. Yeah you can do the crazy calc from its /checks. Or you could just always be parsing yourself and see how things go as you lvl. Maybe even carry a few extra gears in some slots depending on how things going. Especially if you gunna be syncing a bit nice to do.

Also keep in mind when chosing between acc or dex for acc the difference in how much 1 hand and 2hand weapons add.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-12-20 07:35:13  
Thank you soo much for the help. I'm now hitting more often, even if I still miss some despite the mob checking 'has low evasion' to me. Before food and IT would have =/= evasion with me, so I need to push that edge a little further and try better Acc gear. I'm waiting to get a neck chopper, but the DPS on that is soo low I might just skip it all toghether and get the 30 GAXE.

I'm going to attempt skilling polearm too, but I think I'll just stick to Gaxe alllllll the way.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-12-20 07:43:12  
GA 1-55 > Polearm until you leave birds > GA rest of the way is what I would do. Gear for acc/attack and use pizza+1 when exping on mobs that don't steal your food unless they're low lvl, then you can eat curry buns (later of course, when you won't waste the attack). For birds, crab sushi is great until you're a bit higher and get SH/hauby, I'd use meat if you have a bard then.
 Phoenix.Mogue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-12-20 10:20:53  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
At your lvl I usually use acc food/gear regardless cause well your acc is far from capped usually. Also at lower lvls axe/swd or axe/axe might do better. Might kinda depend on merits gear selection and how good your sturmwind is doing compared to raging axe. Both can do good dmg at that lvl but sturmwind will start pulling ahead fast.

You should be using shield break exclusively, particlarly around your level (27).
[+]
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-12-20 22:26:58  
I plan to skill polearm later, I have some nice acc items the higher up I go, just need to get there.

I always start the fight off with shieldbreak to lower it's eva, that and gravity and some crab sushi helps, then finish the fight off with a Sturm.

In my server, we have a terrible time finding lowbie parties, so I usually set them up and grab 2 healers, one buffer and 2 strong DDs and I'm tanking so been trying different foods to tank/acc.

War/Blu with cocoon is not a bad tank with defender up.

I should really use a shield.. Hmm..
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-01-07 14:23:24  
ZOMBIE POST.

Okay, I've been using mithkabobs and refuse to use anything expensive on birds, but what is the general meeeeleee food to use if you're running an acc build before any hastes 60+?

Let's assume there -is- a buff job in the party, whether it be CORBRDDNC.

Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-07 14:31:44  
Remora.Belius said:
ZOMBIE POST.

Okay, I've been using mithkabobs and refuse to use anything expensive on birds, but what is the general meeeeleee food to use if you're running an acc build before any hastes 60 ?

Let's assume there -is- a buff job in the party, whether it be CORBRDDNC.
Crab Sushi.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-01-07 14:36:48  
+13% acc and +10Def
Sold.

But what if I'm hitting it well enough anyway. Unless I decide to go xp on imps @ 64.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-07 14:37:04  
food for acc build 60+? depending on what hit rate values you can hit it's either mith. kabobs/crab sushi for 'bird food' just because it's cheap and decent stuff.

if you don't plan on losing food, I'd stick to marinara pizza when you're fighting anything you can't hit reliably w/o acc food. you should be able to get close to the full benefit from the acc bonus it gives (somewhere over +30acc@+10%) and the +atk is always awesome. it can also allow you to screw with your gear a bit if you know it's giving you a bit more acc than you need.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-01-07 14:40:08  
That's 10 Def, not 10 dex
edit: Belius ninja edited >.>
 Carbuncle.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: dameshi
By Carbuncle.Dameshi 2010-01-07 14:41:44  
If you're low on cash and not keen on dying, marinara pizza is the way to go.

Food Effects: (3 hours, All Races)
HP +20
Attack +20% (Cap: 50 @ 250 Base Attack)
Accuracy +10% (Cap: 40+@ 400+ Base Accuracy)
Undead Killer

The key here is it lasts 3 hours, and usually runs around 3k on the AH. With both attack and accuracy on it, it's very useful. It's cheaper than the better sushis, and better than the cheaper sushis. Of course, you have to be in a situation where dying isn't an issue, since it lasts for 3 hours.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-07 14:42:42  
lol, I'z been beaten. another thing you want to remember is that the +acc bonus cap for crab sushi is pretty low compared to other sushi (mainly sole/squid/dorado), it's main selling point is it's cheap cost (bad pun, I know =P ), that's why it's 'bird food', lol.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-01-07 14:42:55  
Ooh ooh, I can macro in STR gear for a Ws?! Ahahaha.

I hit around the 80's without berserk, 110+ with and crit for 190ish on birds 60~ with kabob. Sushi gives me 50-60 dmg, barely reach 90's with berserk.

Is there anything stackable I can carry around with me? Pizza is a little bit expensive for exp..
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-01-07 14:44:26  
Bismarck.Altar said:
That's 10 Def, not 10 dex
edit: Belius ninja edited >.>
This is an outrageous and outlandish lie.

<_<;
First Page 2