New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » SMNburn
SMNburn
 Cerberus.Ultimatrunks
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Ultimatrunks 2009-12-16 08:39:16  
So I decided I'll join the SMNburn club as long as it's possible, using the opportunity since it's there. I hate exping. No time to, either.
Anyone who has a SMNBurn SP please send me a PM I have a SMN71 mule and Cor on my main(for recharges)which is supposed to leech exp. I'll pay money for every merit/ level I get. Need to think up a price, something around 50-100k maybe. If it's too low, PM me, if you think I'll get it cheaper, PM me (not wanting to waste money;).
I am playing during GMT midday - evening usually, but I'll be on Christmas vacation soon so I'll be a lot more flexible.
Thanks for your time.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2009-12-16 10:58:26  
Ohoho you are in for a world of pain my friend.
[+]
 Fairy.Disc
サーバ: Fairy
user: disc
By Fairy.Disc 2009-12-16 11:07:38  
To be honest, you might have to look a bit if you want to leech on Corsair. I usually only let people leech if they are pulling, but I have heard of people paying for being able to leech. I think it would be better to ask pullers how much they charge per pull, because it varies with everyone.
 Cerberus.Eanae
user: Eanae
By Cerberus.Eanae 2009-12-16 21:44:33  
You can try contacting Taint about this. He might be interested.
 Cerberus.Ultimatrunks
By Cerberus.Ultimatrunks 2009-12-18 05:17:08  
Hmm if anyone has some experience with making a good SMNburn, as in what setup to choose, what pulling strategy/job, what level range etc should be done, feel free to post it here. I would really appreciate that! :)
I've done some before but didn't really play a keyrole except when I pulled once but I was the only puller and somehow it took ages and the mobs still depopped. xD
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-12-18 05:46:33  
Cerberus.Ultimatrunks said:
Hmm if anyone has some experience with making a good SMNburn, as in what setup to choose, what pulling strategy/job, what level range etc should be done, feel free to post it here. I would really appreciate that! :)
I've done some before but didn't really play a keyrole except when I pulled once but I was the only puller and somehow it took ages and the mobs still depopped. xD

what setup to use... for a summoner burn...?

youve gotta be kidding
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2009-12-18 06:05:30  
It's a little more complicated than just throwing SMNs at it.

I won't go into the details but I will offer one piece of advice. Ignore people who go on and on about how amazing their 60k pulls are.

We all learned half a decade ago that in regular PTs, high exp/hr rate is much more favorable than high exp/kill. It's no different for SMN burns. Two 40-45k pulls that takes 30 minutes to complete is much more favorable than 1 50-60k pull that takes 60-90 minutes to complete. And yes, I've seen both scenarios first-hand.
 Valefor.Eirinne
サーバ: Valefor
user: Eirinne
By Valefor.Eirinne 2009-12-18 07:26:34  
Cerberus.Ultimatrunks said:
So I decided I'll join the SMNburn club as long as it's possible, using the opportunity since it's there. I hate exping. No time to, either.

that caught my eye. You have no time to exp, but you'll have all those months/days/hours it will take to skill up and really learn your job because you blew through it in SMN burn parties? Not intended as a flame but an honest question. I cant count the amount of people I know who have blown through jobs recently and couldnt hold a flame to someone who takes serious time to learn it, how it works, and be very, very good at it. A couple in our shell were like that. They cost us some pop sets boasting how great they were blablablabla. I even posted a pic on the site of us freshly dead from their ignorance.
[+]
 Fairy.Brenda
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2009-12-18 11:16:46  
Time to skill up and time to exp/merit depending on other people are kinda different.
 Unicorn.Emirii
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2009-12-18 11:29:56  
I will admit I have SMN burned my SMN from 11 to 63, and I know jack squat about SMN job 'cept for the obvious heal/use garuda hase/etc. and my summoning skill is only 22. I just did it because my friends wanted too so i though "why not". SMN isn't my type of job anyway, but It was something to do with my friends. Now I am thinking, how the hell long is it going to take to get my skill from 22 to 150+? I bare not to think about it.

And I don't have much time to party either, but i find time, even though if its an hour or two at a time and i only get 15k exp or so! Especially on my Bard, which I did leech a spot in a burn party from 51-55 because I really wanted ballad, but realized that I lost a lot of skill doing that. At higher levels where you won't always level in a pull might be a bit better though sense your not leveling 2-3 levels at a time!
 Cerberus.Eanae
user: Eanae
By Cerberus.Eanae 2009-12-18 16:17:50  
Minimum of 4 smn, at least one person subbed cor for Corsair's Roll. Obviously one sync, and one spot for a leech or another smn. Having a main job cor is even better then a subbed for the extra exp bonus.
[+]
 Fairy.Disc
user: disc
By Fairy.Disc 2009-12-19 02:36:34  
3 Summoners is the minimum. I have had numerous parties and set up parties as well with 3 only. 4 will make it easier to keep the chain throughout the whole thing (although you shouldn't have a problem with this if your 3 summoners are skilled and well-timed.)
 Cerberus.Jeryhn
user: Jeryhn
By Cerberus.Jeryhn 2010-01-17 00:35:12  
I'm a 75 SMN who always needs merits. Contact me ingame for some burns.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2010-01-17 03:59:00  
I saw a horrible failed SMN burn today in korroloka. They had SMN, RDM & DRG, nothing more lol. The SMN didnt even astral flow, but tried to Thunderspark the mobs to death. Watched them for like 20 min and during that time I think maybe 2 mobs died. Then they zoned the mobs, and puller went to pull again. was funny to watch.

I mean really? Thunderspark like 80+ mobs to death?
[+]
 Cerberus.Erwing
user: Erwing
By Cerberus.Erwing 2010-01-29 13:30:25  
I've kinda wanted to try a SMN burn for a while, but still not completely back on my feet from my last break from the game, so no contacts to help get it going. SMN40 here, but nothing capable of pulling/holding reliably, sadly. If you get anything solid together and need another SMN, look me up.
 Remora.Fyyvoaa
サーバ: Remora
user: Fyyvoaa
By Remora.Fyyvoaa 2010-01-29 13:36:57  
I still need to get my sch to 37, and honestly the only way I really want to do it is SMNburn (albeit I hate to do it, but for sub purposes, why not, all my skills are capped from whm and blm) if anyone on remora does this, get in touch with me via PM (preferably) or /tell in game if I am on, my sch is 11 so it is a perfect leech lvl, I barely have gil though so that might bring up some problems (sorry, I don't come across gil as easy as some other people)
 Ramuh.Zangada
サーバ: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-01-29 14:18:52  
Yea i dont buy the whole "i dont have time to xp" bs, just another excuse for ppl to feel better about being lazy gimps. Skilling up takes a long time too, so either ur gonna be gimp or spend the time to skill up.

You should just delete ur char and save ur server the headache of having another dumbass who dosent know wtf to do on their job.
[+]
 Fairy.Brenda
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2010-01-29 14:42:13  
Ramuh.Zangada said:
Yea i dont buy the whole "i dont have time to xp" bs, just another excuse for ppl to feel better about being lazy gimps. Skilling up takes a long time too, so either ur gonna be gimp or spend the time to skill up.

You should just delete ur char and save ur server the headache of having another dumbass who dosent know wtf to do on their job.

I don't think you are one to talk....

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-29 18:02:24  
Ok, I don't normally agree with you Brenda, but *** lol.
 Cerberus.Snowman
user: phrost
By Cerberus.Snowman 2010-01-31 00:33:00  
welcome, about 11 months late to the party.

As task intensive it is, 1-75 in 3 afternoons (or 18 - 55k pulls) makes up for the time lost. the whole argument about skill ups is moot, martial master makes it possible to take a skill from 0-276 in approx 3 nights as well.

Been there, destroyed that.

Re; Eneae's imagined requirements

3 SMNs, 1 sync 12+ (or 4 SMNs with 10~11), and spot for 2 leeches.

IF you bring a COR ALT, you can claim the cor spot (which is NOT optional) you can sub the cor in for buffs and have a 2nd leech without loss of functionality.

necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Hades.Ziko
サーバ: Hades
user: Alphonza
By Hades.Ziko 2010-03-23 05:00:03  
My brother Alphonza of Hades used to sell leech spots for 150k and demand was still insane.. if you make a successful group you can easily do 200k per leech spot.... if you don't mind the grinding for long hrs you can earn 5mil per week (real time)...

he posted a guide on wiki for all the bits and bolts to this madness ....

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/User:Wotever/Gude:Astral_Flow_Party

Flionheart said you be in a world of pain... I must agree with him after what I saw my brother had to put up with... small mistakes or greifing from haters can easily fail an SMN burn...
 Kujata.Nours
サーバ: Kujata
user: sruon
By Kujata.Nours 2010-03-23 05:24:28  
What's the *** point of advertising something which success depends on the number of people doing it?

You're so dumb.
[+]
 Hades.Ziko
サーバ: Hades
user: Alphonza
By Hades.Ziko 2010-03-23 10:43:43  
Kujata.Nours said:
What's the *** point of advertising something which success depends on the number of people doing it?

seems a ***load escaped your mind, if you read the earlier post of this thread it kicked off with questions of how to set up a smn burn...
Kujata.Nours said:
You're so dumb

um... yeah w/e lol