users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » Synergy Cuffs
Synergy Cuffs
 Hades.Raytheshadow
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
By Hades.Raytheshadow 2009-12-15 12:13:04  
Question:

Even though I'm an alchemist, could I make use of any of the cuffs? I.e. Culinarian's Cuffs etc etc., even though my Cooking is like 1.

I know I'd be able to equip them, it's whether or not I get the special extra ability while operating the furnace.

If anyone's tested this would be helpful^^
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-12-15 22:45:19  
I was wondering this myself, and can't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to. Judging by what they all do, the only one of them even half worth getting would be the fisherman's cuffs... go figure.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-15 22:47:17  
I think so since they don't require those subs to make them and a few have cool abilities but I doubt I'm high enough to be able to make them solo right now
 Lakshmi.Joojoo
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: angrynun
By Lakshmi.Joojoo 2009-12-15 22:51:43  
I believe you need the novice rank of the crafting cuff your making. (novice fishing for fisherman's cuffs.) Really wasn't paying attention when I made mine.
 Hades.Raytheshadow
By Hades.Raytheshadow 2009-12-16 15:28:59  
Yeah, Joojoo is correct, as long as you have at least Novice in the craft the cuffs relate to, you can synergize 'em and that hence probably means the same for the hidden effect. Haven't tested it but it makes sense.

On another note, I made my Cuffs last night and they were really difficult to make.. I barely succeeded once out of like a dozen tries with 4% life remaining on the furnace.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-16 15:45:16  
I don't think they were meant to do solo unless you are a bit higher than the cap and have like maxed feeding fewell skill or something
 Hades.Raytheshadow
By Hades.Raytheshadow 2009-12-16 17:17:49  
Ouch.

I really don't like the idea of having to team up to do a synergy, like having multiple people in party for the requisite skills, fine, but,

Multiple people having to team up on the actual synergy process, and having to have synergy skill too, is meh. (Tried someone with Synergy 1 trying to team up on a lv30 recipe, one fewell feeding from them shot pressure up to 99Pz/Im, lol..)

I hear Blacksmith's Smock is pretty broken and allows alot of stuff to be solo'd though.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-16 17:24:21  
Yeah pressure increase/impurities is based on the difference in synergy skill as well as fewell feeding skill. Which is why I maxed that skill.

As far as Blacksmiths smock it's ability cost alot and only last a short time to just increase how much element goes up a bit. Really sounds like it'd be more of a group helper but meh.
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-12-16 18:17:50  
theyre incredibly easy to solo, however they arent really all that useful
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-16 18:19:51  
Remora.Hackstealandbot said:
theyre incredibly easy to solo, however they arent really all that useful
At what synergy skill though?
 Lakshmi.Joojoo
By Lakshmi.Joojoo 2009-12-16 18:33:44  
Synergy skill is about 28, and so far Fisherman's Cuffs with hidden effect of Precision Thwack is completely useless. My level 1 Thwack skill has a better chance of landing than it >.>
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-16 18:34:24  
No I know what it caps at I meant at what lvl is it easy to solo making them lol
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-12-16 21:36:08  
Doesn't really change much once you're past the recipe cap, maybe you'll trigger less explosions at higher pressure/impurities the higher you get, but I solo'd my smock in one attempt the moment I stopped getting skill-ups off it, and the gloves are the same elemental balance, but lower level.

Oh, and as for soloing synergy, have a look at something like the Galley Kitchen, no way in hell are you soloing that. I'd suggest two feeders, 1 operator and 1 operator/fewell replenisher.
 Lakshmi.Joojoo
By Lakshmi.Joojoo 2009-12-17 17:49:13  
I did my cuffs at about 20, when I figured out you could make them. It was rather easy then.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-17 17:49:58  
The more I look at them the more worthless they seem lol