Joyeuse Viable Weapon?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Joyeuse viable weapon?
Joyeuse viable weapon?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-12-15 09:29:13  
You err, RR in a Turban?
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Blackwhirlwind 2009-12-15 09:58:33  
yup, almost done with moogle add-on so that will be change in a bit, sold my other turban to get enough for Hecatomb Harness curse piece.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-12-15 11:24:23  
Remora.Blackwhirlwind said:
Im a full time war this is what i use for RR WS still need a few more pieces to complete the set http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=120943

Which items are you looking for? I mean I can point out a few but I was just curious what you are looking forward to next. I am not trying to be mean or "troll" at all but ever thought of changing you feet to something better there are options that are a lot better than Adaman Feet..
By Remora.Blackwhirlwind 2009-12-15 12:05:29  
Yes ive alway had my eye on Aruum Sabatons, but im more likely gonna get Hectatomb Leggings, since my ls is done with znm for the season, cant really camp fomor nm because of draw-in, but would like to get my hands on Braham Curiusses (dont know if i spelled that right)
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-12-15 12:24:21  
Yes ive alway had my eye on Aruum Sabatons, but im more likely gonna get Hectatomb Leggings, since my ls is done with znm for the season, cant really camp fomor nm because of draw-in, but would like to get my hands on Braham Curiusses (dont know if i spelled that right)
Bahram Cuisses
(but they are a leg piece, not feet)
By Remora.Blackwhirlwind 2009-12-15 12:29:24  
yes i know they are legs shouldve edit which pieces i want to upgrade.
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-15 12:33:28  
There's very cheap less than turban gimp head pieces that you can easily sell back when you get moogle hat. Anything with even +1 to an offensive stat > turban, the equiv of wearing nothing.
 Asura.Nightbear
サーバ: Asura
user: Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2009-12-15 12:43:05  
Hated Joytoy when i was tank and some dumb war was off handing it, is TP feeder to the mobs,they never pulled hate due to low damage output, Maneater/Juggy was my favorite in the era of dual axes, then came the GA ear, yes Perdu WARs will do insane numbers w/o spending tons of gear. as for merit pts on birds if you want good piercing just go with a good a polearm, yes WAR can do great , you will never match a DRG or a SAM but is WAY better than a litty sword. just my 2 pesos.
 Remora.Abriel
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-15 14:58:30  
you'll actually want to have both piss boots (aurum) and hecatomb, BWW. and yeah, using anything with any acc/atk/dex/str would be better than WSing in wal. turban, lol. any suggestions I'd have to give for your RR build would be swap to a haub.(work towards a +1, only time you won't be needing it is if you get an adaberk), swap potent for warwolf (if you need the acc drop the ruby ring for another acc ring), do something with the head gear, get a fire bomblet, and work towards a gorget (and rajas along the way to getting access in the first place, hehe). the harness and belt are decent for king's justice, but generally for raging rush you wanna try to gear for str+atk (after insuring your acc value is high) while taking any dex where aplicable (unless you're forced to use RR in a situation where your dDEX will be under 37 before having access to king's).

tp feed isn't enough of an issue to make it a valid argument of whether or not joyeuse is a viable weapon, unless you're low-manning dynamis or fighting hnm level enemies outside of a zerg strat.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-15 15:00:19  
Asura.Nightbear said:
Hated Joytoy when i was tank and some dumb war was off handing it, is TP feeder to the mobs,they never pulled hate due to low damage output, Maneater/Juggy was my favorite in the era of dual axes, then came the GA ear, yes Perdu WARs will do insane numbers w/o spending tons of gear. as for merit pts on birds if you want good piercing just go with a good a polearm, yes WAR can do great , you will never match a DRG or a SAM but is WAY better than a litty sword. just my 2 pesos.
In any situation where you can cap acc w/ sword, it easily beats maneater/juggy
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-12-15 15:50:01  
I asked this before and got no said anything..

Which gorget for war? Go for KJ one or go for RR one?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-12-15 15:54:23  
Bahamut.Zorander said:

I have Breeze and Snow, but I got my Snow first because other jobs.

I would say KJ because I use KJ a hell of a lot more then RR, and I think it would be better because KJ TP mod is DMG and RR is crit?(If that's how they work that is, I didn't read fTP page, so I'm just assuming.) But I'm relying on the fact I use KJ more.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-12-15 16:27:07  
Bahamut.Zorander said:

Go for both >.>
No but really the right answer here is whichever weaponskill you use more. If you find your gear & the events you do lend more for RR, get the RR gorget. If your KJ are parsing higher get that gorget.

Personally I got the RR one before KJ.

And I use Aqua & Breeze, not snow <.<. Like having KJ and SC gorget being the same for gearswaps.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-12-15 16:50:02  
See wtf is wrong with me I have put up much better numbers with RR still, RR is by far my WS of choice and I just use KJ ever now and again..I think I might be doing it wrong lol.

I think Imma go for Breeze first for Gorgets and then maybe Aqua, I can't remember.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-15 17:16:06  
RR 'can' generally pull better numbers when your pDif value is lowish and your enemies have a low enough agl value to hit dDEX 37+ (45~50 would be optimal) for crits to start showing more commonly. but, without being to hit higher crit values, or if you start stacking enough atk buffs to reach a high pDif value, KJ will start to take the lead on average because of it's higher base dmg.
By Remora.Blackwhirlwind 2009-12-16 07:06:23  
Remora.Abriel said:
you'll actually want to have both piss boots (aurum) and hecatomb, BWW. and yeah, using anything with any acc/atk/dex/str would be better than WSing in wal. turban, lol. any suggestions I'd have to give for your RR build would be swap to a haub.(work towards a 1, only time you won't be needing it is if you get an adaberk), swap potent for warwolf (if you need the acc drop the ruby ring for another acc ring), do something with the head gear, get a fire bomblet, and work towards a gorget (and rajas along the way to getting access in the first place, hehe). the harness and belt are decent for king's justice, but generally for raging rush you wanna try to gear for str atk (after insuring your acc value is high) while taking any dex where aplicable (unless you're forced to use RR in a situation where your dDEX will be under 37 before having access to king's).

tp feed isn't enough of an issue to make it a valid argument of whether or not joyeuse is a viable weapon, unless you're low-manning dynamis or fighting hnm level enemies outside of a zerg strat.

Ill get a decent head for now to ws in RR, trying to complete CoP for rajas ring, stuck on 4-2, once my ls starts doing znms again ill get Auurum sabatons but i know ill have hecatomb legging before than, i dont see the purpose of wsing in the hauberk, got ride of it when i got my ACP body, I will never see an Adaberk because the HNM *** on my server, i was doing good dmg yesterday when i was fighting Yagudo NM for my mnk pants i did about 4 ws in that fight 800 dmg was my lowest 1800 was my highest on the count that i used Warriors Charge with it lol. KJ is still far away havent got a good static to climb with currently on 41-45 but i still getting the ws pts so i wont have do much once get to floor 100.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-12-16 07:35:15  
i dont see the purpose of wsing in the hauberk, got ride of it when i got my ACP body

It should do more over time on most multihits than Hecatomb Harness due to more Attack and Accuracy, not to mention DEX on RR since it can critical.
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-16 09:24:06  
depends on the situation, but raen's generally correct about that.