EVA+ Against EVA Skill+ Wth Is The Frickin Difference

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » EVA+ against EVA skill+ wth is the frickin difference
EVA+ against EVA skill+ wth is the frickin difference
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2009-12-06 20:08:07  
ok ive been wonderin wth is the dif between eva+ and eva skill+ cause i mean....i'm confused
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-06 20:10:50  
diff is negligible enough to where you wouldn't notice a difference in evasion if parsing your evade % rate.
 Shiva.Daimos
サーバ: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-12-06 20:12:58  
not another one of these threads...
 Shiva.Clowdd
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-12-06 20:15:22  
Shiva.Daimos said:
not another one of these threads...
^
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-12-06 20:19:46  
I hadn't looked through this thread entirely so I'm not sure if a definitive answer ever came up, but this might help: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=6190
 Remora.Abriel
サーバ: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-06 20:57:16  
testing was done on BG if you want to look for it. I can't remember the full outcome, but I believe that stacking eva over skill was preferred for jobs with higher skill ranks.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Bulleta
user: Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-06 21:47:52  
You know how...

Str Vs Vit

Attack Vs Defense

When refering to evasion and evasion skill...

Evasion+ Vs ~> Accuracy

Evasion Skill Vs ~> Weapon Combat Skill (Level of mob's skills Vs Your skills)

Though evasion skill add evasion+.

Evasion+ does not add evasion skill.
[+]
 Remora.Abriel
サーバ: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-06 22:43:57  
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. if you're trying to say that evasion skill isn't subject to level correction but +evasion is... well it could very well be the case but there's no evidence to back it up, and testing such would take a lot of parse data along with needing the data for various mobs' and their level ranges to go with the data collected for each individual battle fought.

what I'm mostly trying to get at is that, since the difference is so minimal to begin with, you'd probably just be better off using the piece of gear with the higher value. for any such pieces with similar values, +eva should do overall better because, let's face it, anything you are most likely to use such a build on will only be used in situations where it's possible to have a good evasion rate to begin with (meaning the enemy's level shouldn't be drastically higher than your own).

as far as the old saying that "1 evasion skill = 4 +evasion", that came from theory crafting among ninjas during the old ninja boom back in the day (back when all we had was pencil and paper or our 'sharp' memories to determine what's now gathered from saved log data or parsing programs, lol). there was never any evidence gathered to backup this claim and it was passed around by word of mouth from vetrans to nubbies trying to help in their decision making among gear choices.
 Seraph.Bulleta
user: Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-06 23:06:08  
It's not hard to understand.

If you add weapon combat skill, it provides you with accuracy +1 and attack +1 for every skill.

Adding accuracy does not raise your weapon combat skill.

Adding attack does not raise your weapon combat skill.

Evasion combat skill and evasion work the same way.
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-06 23:21:01  
"If you add weapon combat skill, it provides you with accuracy +1 and attack +1 for every skill.

Adding accuracy does not raise your weapon combat skill.

Adding attack does not raise your weapon combat skill."

While it doesn't raise that little number called combat skill, it does the same thing.

For example let's say you're at 198 skill.

Adding 2 skill would do the exact same thing for you as adding something w/ +2 acc + 2 attack in its place.

Edit:
" it provides you with accuracy +1 and attack +1 for every skill."

Also, that's only true until 200 combat skill. The formula is slightly different from 200+
 Bahamut.Dracondria
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-12-06 23:47:02  
I notice this one NIN, adding evasion does more than adding Evasion Skill since it's already high. Just what I've observed.