users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Man marries Video Game Character
Man marries Video Game Character
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-28 13:55:34  
Makes you wonder, though, if they get a divorce, she obviously didn't sign a prenuptial agreement, so is it Konami for the game or Nintendo for the hardware that gets his couch and dog he lost custody of? lol

Am tempted to play, though, either way! *** must be prrreeeeeety hot.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-28 14:27:11  
I heard that this game is really great anyway, probably one of the best of its genre on DS. A masterpiece to some players. Don't need a high level of Japanese to play it (JLPT2 is more than enough). Sadly my level is lower lol :(

Too bad that konami will never translate it.
 Hades.Hiryo
サーバ: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-11-28 14:33:56  
Man, that must have been one wild wedding night they had!
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-28 14:38:02  
Garuda.Antipika said:
I heard that this game is really great anyway, probably one of the best of its genre on DS. A masterpiece to some players. Don't need a high level of Japanese to play it (JLPT2 is more than enough). Sadly my level is lower lol :(

Too bad that konami will never translate it.
If its really good I'm sure there will be a fan translation eventually.
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-11-28 14:54:10  
Odin.Blazza said:
Btw Poppi, if you quit FFXI I'm marrying your character. I'm not sure you have any say in it though.

Only if I get to be a bridesmaid >.>
 Odin.Poppisgirl
By Odin.Poppisgirl 2009-11-28 14:55:42  
Odin.Liela said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Btw Poppi, if you quit FFXI I'm marrying your character. I'm not sure you have any say in it though.

Wait ..... So you guys are planning this now, and I still get no say? :O lol
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-11-28 14:57:15  
Odin.Poppisgirl said:
Odin.Liela said:
Odin.Blazza said:

Wait ..... So you guys are planning this now, and I still get no say? :O lol

You get to say yes and pick out my dress!
 Odin.Poppisgirl
By Odin.Poppisgirl 2009-11-28 14:58:10  
Odin.Liela said:

Oi!! Someone help me out here <,<
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-11-28 14:59:27  
Odin.Poppisgirl said:
Odin.Liela said:

Oi!! Someone help me out here <,<

Green is my favorite color and will look nice with your white dress and red hair. I'll help you pick a green bridesmaid dress and a pretty bride dress.
 Sylph.Megumii
サーバ: Sylph
user: Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-11-28 15:08:28  
Real or just viral video to advertise the game? >_>
 Pandemonium.Aravol
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-11-28 15:17:23  
I think it is just campaigning for this game. No idiot will marry a video game character. A minister sure as hell will not unite these two in "Holy Matrimony".
IT is kind of rediculous, but i am sure the other video game women candidates are real jealous lol.
But for real how many of you wanted to check into this game after seeing this? lol
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-28 15:17:24  
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-11-28 15:20:37  
He married her in Guam, where it's apparently completely legal to marry a virtual person.

I will point out that while such a crazy thing would be illegal in Japan, Guam is a Territory of the United States.

So laugh all you want about the "crazy Japanese," but it seems the joke's on you guys.
 Leviathan.Veronika
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-11-28 15:25:30  
Marriage is a joke anyways. It is, and always has been a religious ceremony for most cultures. The atheist population is vastly growing, and will soon be the majority, but for some reason these people still get married because the society thing. I say down with the institution of marriage anyways! If that means letting people marry video games to get it to collapse, then by all means find me Ryu from street fighter!
 Pandemonium.Aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-11-28 15:25:45  
LMAO that is funny! Believe it or not there are nutty people in the U.S.
I dont think anyone is pointing to just japanese because Idiocracy is definitely global.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-28 15:26:55  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
So laugh all you want about the "crazy Japanese," but it seems the joke's on you guys.
Guam controls it's marriage laws. Not the U.S. Federal govt.
But yeah your right crazy is everywhere.
 Ramuh.Citag
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Citag
By Ramuh.Citag 2009-11-28 15:35:51  
All I'm gonna say on this matter is that I'd switch teams for Tifa.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-11-28 15:38:42  
Hades.Hiryo said:
Man, that must have been one wild wedding night they had!
LMAO oh yeah, i bet his video screen was sticky in the morning.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-28 15:39:36  
Leviathan.Veronika said:
Marriage is a joke anyways. It is, and always has been a religious ceremony for most cultures. The atheist population is vastly growing, and will soon be the majority, but for some reason these people still get married because the society thing. I say down with the institution of marriage anyways! If that means letting people marry video games to get it to collapse, then by all means find me Ryu from street fighter!

So, how does one adress their partner? Mate? Girlfriend, boyfriend? That's all good and fun, but it would make me giggle beyond repair if I'd hear a 90 year old couple refer to their partner in that way.

I'd rather not have any marriages either, but not for the same reason. You don't like the institution of marriage, I don't like the idiots that abuse the institution of marriage. It's not like marriages are worth anything these days.

Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon her your heart’s deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her as long as you both shall live?

Yeah, right. lol.
 Valefor.Integral
サーバ: Valefor
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-11-28 15:40:29  
Diabolos.Beaster said:
Things like this have happened before, but instead of a video game character, I believe it was a woman who married the Eiffel tower. At least this guy married something with a "personality," whether or not the marriage is "legal." (Which I'm sure it's not.)

hey, incase you missed that episode of the Tyra show where the eiffel tower marrying woman was on... THAT TOWER SPEAKS TO HER, JUST AS SOME BRIDGE DID, AND COUNTLESS OTHER INANIMATE OBJECTS
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-28 15:42:27  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Leviathan.Veronika said:

So, how does one adress their partner? Mate? Girlfriend, boyfriend? That's all good and fun, but it would make me giggle beyond repair if I'd hear a 90 year old couple refer to their partner in that way.

I'd rather not have any marriages either, but not for the same reason. You don't like the institution of marriage, I don't like the idiots that abuse the institution of marriage. It's not like marriages are worth anything these days.

Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon her your heart’s deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her as long as you both shall live?

Yeah, right. lol.
So...you both are for "Free love"?
Or just dont like the traditional "You are both stuck together or one of you will lose all your money"
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-28 15:44:24  
I just think that if you decide to marry someone you should try to get to know them good enough so that you don't end up being single the month later. That's all.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-11-28 15:49:29  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon her your heart’s deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her untill she starts shagging your best mate, her father starts making snide comments and you knock him out and she gets a boob job that fails and makes her look 60 years old?