users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fairy » Looking to buy a Black Tathlam
Looking to buy a Black Tathlam
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2008-09-29 10:26:35  
2-3m is what its worth, not 10 like I've seen in Rolanmart. If anyone willing to sell for a decent price, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands.
 Lakshmi.Junyi
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Junyi 2008-09-29 11:53:23  
You can have mine, Vegetto.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2008-09-29 15:12:15  
lol, sure
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2008-10-06 08:34:15  
i think prices are gonna be like that for a while
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2008-10-07 12:09:04  
Hopefully they'll spend so much gil on AH fees they'll drop the price and stop being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: StanDarsh
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2008-10-07 17:33:37  
Vegetto said:
Hopefully they'll spend so much gil on AH fees they'll drop the price and stop being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Amen to that... only shell that camps this on my server is charging 9 mil. Just a tad bit ridiculous.
 Bismarck.Darkwood
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Darkwood
By Bismarck.Darkwood 2008-10-07 18:57:26  
It's not exactly an easy drop, so the price makes sense right now. It's a 20-25 hr nm, that can spawn in like 7 zones.. that need 1-2 scanners per zone to find, and the chance that you even get the NM to drop tath is 2/7 or something... and then the drop rate itself on the NM. (on my server it's always ridiculously early because of a eurasian shell monopolizing it)

That being said, my LS has only sold one, and it took about 1-2 weeks, at 9.1M.
 Alexander.Chocoboy
サーバ: Alexander
user: Chocoboy
By Alexander.Chocoboy 2008-10-08 02:05:35  
If you can find one for 2-3M then please let me know so I can rip them off. :(

I'm currently selling mine for 7-8M. Like Dark said, if your LS controls SW then you can price it at pretty much whatever you want. Prices won't drop for months, if that. There won't be a large number of these on any server for at least a year, period.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2008-10-08 08:00:49  
the price is quite fair considering it's a new item. Then again,not like this item is gonna change your game-life.
I don't think many of them is gonna spend money on AH taxes, but it's gonna sell well enough in rolanberry.
 Bismarck.Phillhellmuth
By Bismarck.Phillhellmuth 2008-10-08 10:06:40  
Darkwood said:
It's not exactly an easy drop, so the price makes sense right now. It's a 20-25 hr nm, that can spawn in like 7 zones.. that need 1-2 scanners per zone to find, and the chance that you even get the NM to drop tath is 2/7 or something... and then the drop rate itself on the NM. (on my server it's always ridiculously early because of a eurasian shell monopolizing it)

Amen brotha, tell em' the business.
 Bismarck.Tayeb
user:
By Bismarck.Tayeb 2008-10-08 13:37:23
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Phillhellmuth said:
Darkwood said:

Amen brotha, tell em' the business.

pfft Black Tathlum is not that hard to get;
It only requires:
1) You to be in 7 different zones at the right time,
2) Find the Worm,
3) Claim the worm,
4) Hope that it does the doomvoid move and brings all your mbrs into the BCNM,
5) Hope that it gives you the correct BCNM that drops the Black Tathlum,
6) Hope that you kill the NM,
7) Hope that the Black Tathlum drops,

THEN your good to sell it after that lol. GL!
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2008-10-08 22:35:14  
Lets just wait till they drop to 100k Like SH :)
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2008-10-09 03:50:02  
Won't happen that it drop to 100k lol.

4) It's not that hard that it does Doomvoid, you get into the bc like 100% of the times.
5) The "correct" bcnm depends from the zone you fight it.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2008-10-09 08:52:27  
The Sandworm can pop multiple times in a single day so the current prices are a bit over the top. I know for a fact it popped 2x within 40 minutes on Phoenix in the last week.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2008-10-09 09:22:52  
I Doubt it can pop twice in 40 minutes normally.

From FFXIclopedia
Quote:
Sandworm respawns 20-25 hours after using Doomvoid.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2008-10-09 15:13:34  
Regardless, in my opinion it's still not worth 9mil. If people are really that stupid, actually buy if for that amount, and the price stays up in the 10mil range, then I guess I'll just stick with my 200k tiphia sting.

I'm sorry, but 2 attack, 2 accuracy, and 1 Dex isn't worth 8.8mil.
 Bismarck.Phillhellmuth
By Bismarck.Phillhellmuth 2008-10-09 15:53:20  
Darsha said:
Regardless, in my opinion it's still not worth 9mil. If people are really that stupid, actually buy if for that amount, and the price stays up in the 10mil range, then I guess I'll just stick with my 200k tiphia sting.

Go camp it consistently, against competition, then come back and tell me how much you think Sandworm drops are worth. >.>
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2008-10-09 16:16:55  
Phillhellmuth said:
Darsha said:

Go camp it consistently, against competition, then come back and tell me how much you think Sandworm drops are worth.

I can easily tell you right now, I would rather pay an HNM shell 2mil for an Nhead abjuration as opposed to 9 for this.
 Fairy.Conchita
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2008-10-09 17:24:35  
No one saying you need to buy it for 9mil, but most LS's prob rather keep the item for their LS members instead of selling it for 2mil. They'd only sell if they would get insane amounts of money, like say 9mil. Only reason you'd get a N. head now for 2mil (or even free) is because everyone and their mom already have one :\
Maybe once everyone who does Sandworm has a Black Tathlum, maybe then it will be sold for ~2mil, until then I don't see it happening.
 Fairy.Fujikun
user: Fujikun
By Fairy.Fujikun 2008-10-10 05:55:40  
Conchita said:
No one saying you need to buy it for 9mil, but most LS's prob rather keep the item for their LS members instead of selling it for 2mil. They'd only sell if they would get insane amounts of money, like say 9mil. Only reason you'd get a N. head now for 2mil (or even free) is because everyone and their mom already have one :\ Maybe once everyone who does Sandworm has a Black Tathlum, maybe then it will be sold for ~2mil, until then I don't see it happening.

^

We dropped only 1 Black Tat. in like 15ish Sandworms.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2008-11-03 01:13:36  
Bought it for 5m. Guy had it in rolanmart for 8m, talked him down. I'm happy with 5m tbh