users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » DBZ/Cartoon Network
DBZ/Cartoon Network
First Page 2 3
 Fenrir.Fizzycandy
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Fizzycandy 2009-11-15 01:36:59  
Ahh how I miss the days when they would play DBZ on Cartoon Network.. Has anyone else noticed how hard that station sucks now? :O
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-15 02:09:59  
Nick disney and WB suck now days as well.
 Fenrir.Fizzycandy
By Fenrir.Fizzycandy 2009-11-15 19:58:14  
I would only ever watch Nick when Avatar was playing >.> that was a pretty good show if I may say so myself. XD
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-11-15 20:34:30  
I dont know if DBZ would be a show that Id use to categorize good television >.o

nostalgia makes us think things were better than they were. Cartoons/kids tv nowadays are more then likely no better then what I used to watch and I can still name alot of shows I absolutely hated....it sucked to skip school cause nothing would be on tv and you'd die of boredom. Pete and Pete, Ren and Stimpy, Johnny Bravo /gag /vomit

Though my fav episode of Rocko is the Recycle episode and I still sing it every once in a while^^ and I was a Rugrats child and I participated in that Smellovision with Cow and Chicken. Also loved Angry Beavers and is Invader Zim really that old now? Also loved to watch Quack Pack, gargoyles and Mighty Ducks before school.

But theres good modern cartoons too. Theres nothing wrong with Fairly Odd parents and Avatar is the best thing to come on tv in...forever. I also have to admit to liking Icarly :X

but I dont watch cartoons as much as I used to, having limited tv time. I was watching a movie on disney channel yesterday and a commercial came on for some show and I kid you not they made a CSI Miami joke complete with "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH" how bad can TV be? Icarly even made an NBC joke..buuurn.
 Shiva.Ziila
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ziila
By Shiva.Ziila 2009-11-15 21:35:09  
The Looney Tunes marathon today kicked ***
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-16 09:44:00  
I think only thing good is Aqua Teen on adult swim and Robot Chicken. But I agree, a lot of these stations are becoming stupid.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-11-16 09:54:24  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
I enjoyed DBZ a lot but was pissed every time they restarted from the beginning and you had to watch the same drawn out battles every day until they finally updated their storylines. I missed most of the majin buu series.
Same. I ended up downloading from DB to DBGT or whatever just so I wouldn't have to deal with the repeating crap.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-16 10:07:12  
DBZ was good but only the main storylines, the little filler ones sucked.

Anyway Aly said it. ATHF, Robot Chicken, and Family guy. I also watch Bleach too but out of the ones that air every day that's what I "watch" (read: have on in the background while playing FFXI)

Also, on the Rocko topic. The only thing I can remember from that show was the cow in the turtles dressed up in some costume saying "Wee Wee" over and over again.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-16 10:21:53  
Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
I think only thing good is Aqua Teen on adult swim and Robot Chicken. But I agree, a lot of these stations are becoming stupid.
Robot Chicken I agree with, Aqua Teen is just stupid though.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-16 10:28:17  
You guys know what caused all this, right?

Damn hippies and their thinking that children will grow up to be mass murderers if we watch violence on TV.

Then they want us to watch the news more often....

...damn hipocrites.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-11-16 10:29:26  
ATHF was pretty good. Some of it sucked, but for the most part it was worth the watch. Ex had the DVDs so I've seen most of them (up to that point anyway)

Rocko was hilarious.

I never got into Robot Chicken.
 Phoenix.Lazuras
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2009-11-16 10:32:17  
Kujata.Daus said:
I dont know if DBZ would be a show that Id use to categorize good television >.o
QFT

The original run of DBZ was a joke. Almost all of it was filler. But, for those that don't know, there's a new re-release of DBZ currently airing in Japan called Dragon Ball Kai. Its basically a "director's cut" version arranged by cutting the fat and keeping to the manga.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2009-11-16 10:47:24  
Phoenix.Lazuras said:
Kujata.Daus said:
QFT

The original run of DBZ was a joke. Almost all of it was filler. But, for those that don't know, there's a new re-release of DBZ currently airing in Japan called Dragon Ball Kai. Its basically a "director's cut" version arranged by cutting the fat and keeping to the manga.
Kai is garbitch. They cut out TOO much. They even cut out stuff that was in the manga.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-16 10:53:57  
Manga was only about 44 books long...
[+]
 Fenrir.Fizzycandy
By Fenrir.Fizzycandy 2009-11-16 10:58:08  
I personally can't stand to watch 5 minutes of anything that comes on Adult Swim besides Family Guy now :x Wish they still played some animes on there, like YuYu Hakusho maybe! :D
 Ragnarok.Titox
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2009-11-18 07:53:59  
Fenrir.Fizzycandy said:
I personally can't stand to watch 5 minutes of anything that comes on Adult Swim besides Family Guy now :x Wish they still played some animes on there, like YuYu Hakusho maybe! :D

Cartoon Network was awesome back then....now it went downhill so fast especially when they stop buying Teen Titans.....took out Toonami...<insert more cool or funny toon or anime they showed in CN here> ...only worth is adult swim and is a few shows now
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-18 08:27:15  
Yeah... Cartoon Network sucks. It was good when they had decent anime like DBZ/DB/Outlaw Star/Cowboy Bebop/Rurouni Kenshin/Inuyasha/Yu Yu Hakusho/Case Closed/etc.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-18 08:51:00  

Diabolos.Shanel
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Shanel
By Diabolos.Shanel 2009-11-18 09:19:23  
why didn't the thunder cats have tails? it makes me sad, a cat isnt a cat without its tail!
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-18 10:10:38  
And Sailor Moon.

I watched Toonami like it was a cult when it was on.
 Fairy.Mykoto
user: Mykoto
By Fairy.Mykoto 2009-11-18 10:17:22  
Boomerang ftw. Also I guess I'm the only one that watches Fullmetal Alchemist on saturday nights? D: It's actually the only reason my tv ever has CN on anymore...
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2009-11-18 10:22:22  
Phoenix.Lazuras said:
Kujata.Daus said:
QFT

wasn't like DBZ.... butchered, cut, edited and fed to the dogs? like, on the scene where the 3 eyed guy is fighting vegeta and that other dude, one scene hes going all out, the next scene he doesn't have a hand (no scene on how the cut it off) and then killed... wait not killed of, sent to "another dimension" ?

same thing happened to sailor moon, but wasn't as noticeable.

and I might add
OMG SWAT CATS!!!!!! <3
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-18 13:51:42  
Motherfucking Dark Water and motherfucking Swat Cats. Ugh, the Swat Cats intro is so epic. Was it T-Bone and Razor? Never got T-Bone's name since it's not very cat-like, but whatever. lol
Shanel said:
why didn't the thunder cats have tails? it makes me sad, a cat isnt a cat without its tail!
I totally remember thinking one of your MSPaint's looked like one of the Thundercats, too. lol

I don't watch much of "Cartoon Network" anymore as opposed to Adult Swim. Flapjack's good, but outside of that it's like when Toonami was on every day in the afternoon and getting to come home to *** Gundam after school. Present-day kids are soooo *** in comparison, Chowder does not stand-up to that ***.

The only thing on AS I can't watch is Superjail and Squidbillies, otherwise I like their lineups.
 Odin.Moondaddy
サーバ: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-11-18 14:01:35  
i was always under the impression that the DBZ on tv had nothing to do with the orignal manga. the tv dbz is acutally dante's inferno in cartoon form. atleast i think it is, well if im wrong i know ill get flamed soon enough >.<
 Ramuh.Mozart
By Ramuh.Mozart 2009-11-18 14:02:05  
Sailor Moon was a cool show back in the day, only issue is, it will never air in America because of a "america" standards. 3 of the main characters are men that turn into women, yeah..... some mom will *** about transys or some stupid ***. same with DBZ had to cut some back because they didnt want parents and the FFC(who ever sencers tv) to cry a river.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-18 14:35:02  
Tuxedo Mask-envy was the wooooorst.
First Page 2 3