フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » Ebon Armour
Ebon Armour
First Page 2
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-13 04:56:26  
I've changed this a bit, so the first page and a half of replies may be a little irrelevant, but basically, this is a guide to making all the ebon armour. Changing any Ebon into Ebur or Furia simply requires the corresponding pigment (Ebur Pigment). As for actually etching, and putting on evoliths, I'll leave that up to someone else.

You'll notice 3 charts below, on the top row, we have the base armour, which is made through regular synthesis, in the next 3 rows, are what you can turn each piece into using the appropriate Aptant.

Tank

Craft Aptant Body Head Hands Legs Feet
Smithing
Aptant: Primus
(Revertant)
Ebon Breastplate
Level 100
Goldsmithing: (60)
Fire Crystal
2x Drk. Adm. Sheet
2x Scintillant Ingot
2x Ocl. Sheet
1x Iridium

Ebon Armet
Level 91-95
Goldsmithing: (??)
Fire Crystal
2x Drk. Adm. Sheet
2x Scintillant Ingot
1x Iridium
Ebon Gauntlets
Level 91-95
Leathercraft: (??)
Fire Crystal
2x Drk. Adm. Sheet
1x Scintillant Ingot
1x Iridium
1x Studded Gloves
Ebon Hose
Level 97 or higher
Fire Crystal
2x Ram Leather
2x Drk. Adm. Sheet
1x Scintillant Ingot
1x Iridium
Ebon Leggings
Level 91-95
Fire Crystal
1x Wool Thread
1x Ram Leather
2x Drk. Adm. Sheet
1x Scintillant Ingot
1x Iridium
Smithing
Aptant: Bellum Ebon Cuirass Ebon Celata Ebon Dastanas Ebon Cuisses Ebon Sabatons
Smithing
Aptant: Aecus Ebon Mail Ebon Helm Ebon Mufflers Ebon Breeches Ebon Greaves
Smithing
Aptant: Durus Ebon Haubert Ebon Galea Ebon Moufles Ebon Brayettes Ebon Sollerets

Melee

Leathercraft
Aptant: Arkhe
(Revertant)
Ebon Harness
Level (100?)
Smithing: (??)
Earth Crystal
1x Mlbd. Sheet
1x Platinum Sheet
1x Angel Skin
1x Red Textile Dye
2x Amph. Leather
1x Shagreen
Ebon Mask
Level (??)
Earth Crystal
1x Amph. Leather
1x Shagreen
1x Mlbd. Sheet
Ebon Gloves
Level (??)
Earth Crystal
2x Amph. Leather
1x Shagreen
1x Platinum Ingot
Ebon Brais
Level (??)
Earth Crystal
1x Amph. Leather
1x Shagreen
1x Studded Trousers
Ebon Boots
Level (??)
Earth Crystal
1x Amph. Leather
1x Shagreen
1x Mlbd. Sheet
1x Platinum Ingot
Leathercraft
Aptant: Pera Ebon Jerkin Ebon Visor Ebon Bracers Ebon Braccae Ebon Socks
Leathercraft
Aptant: Ishis Shikkoku Togi Shikkoku Hatsuburi Shikkoku Kote Shikkoku Haidate Shikkoku Sune-ate
Leathercraft
Aptant: Tachus Ebon Vest Ebon Headgear Ebon Wristbands Ebon Tights Ebon Gaiters

Mage

Clothcraft
Aptant: Fyrst
(Revertant)
Ebon Frock
Level (100?)
Earth Crystal
1x Silver Ingot
1x Silver Chain
1x Behem. Leather
1x Taffeta Cloth
1x Scintillant Ingot
1x Ruszor Leather
2x Cambric
Ebon Beret
Level (??)
Earth Crystal
1x Scintillant Ingot
1x Ruszor Leather
2x Cambric
Ebon Mitts
Level (??)
Earth Crystal
1x Scintillant Ingot
1x Ruszor Leather
1x Gargouille Shank
2x Cambric
Ebon Slops
Level (97 or higher?)
Earth Crystal
2x Darksteel Sheet
1x Scintillant Ingot
2x Cambric
Ebon Clogs
Level (??)
Earth Crystal
1x Grass Thread
2x Tiger Leather
1x Molybden. Ingot
2x Cambric
Unknown
Aptant: Geoc Ebon Talar Ebon Tam Ebon Gants Ebon Slacks Ebon Brogues
Clothcraft
Aptant: Secan Ebon Coat Ebon Hat Ebon Cuffs Ebon Pants Ebon Sabots
Clothcraft
Aptant: Haelan Ebon Bliaut Ebon Caubeen Ebon Gages Ebon Spats Ebon Galoshes

note: I'm fairly sure this is accurate, if it's not please let me know. I could certainly add in the required fewell levels, exact required crafts and sub-crafts for each one, but I can't be bothered. There should be enough information here for anybody to figure out exactly what's required to make any single piece.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-13 05:03:39  
You need to reverse the order of
Code
[b][u]Still to come:[/b][/u]

to
Code
[b][u]Still to come:[/u][/b]

It happened to me, too XD

edit: nevermind~
 Ramuh.Scizor
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2009-11-13 06:27:39  
Nice job Blazza, im confused how this system will work, anyone able to explain?
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-13 07:19:48  
Looks good, I'm just finially glad they redesigned some new armor instead of giving the old models new names and stats.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-11-13 07:41:51  
i hope the evolith system makes this armor more than pretty to look at to justify these silly material requirements.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-13 07:52:15  
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/5027/detail.html
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/5017/detail.html

That's all the info there is so far, so I for one am a long way from understanding how it fully works, and I'd imagine the rest of the world is too.

However I'm 99% sure that all this Ebon armour will be the main attraction of the Evolith system. Most of the stats are pretty average for 75 gear, and especially for the cost to craft them, but when you stack them up against other non Ra/Ex gear (read: augmentable), a lot of them are actually pretty decent.

I'll write a guide to it when more information is released.
By Mikumaru 2009-11-13 08:20:39  
Gilgamesh.Tallulah said:
i hope the evolith system makes this armor more than pretty to look at to justify these silly material requirements.
So youre saying the base stats of these items arent impressive? i guess youre right , a PLD can easily get Armour that negates 6% Phys and Magic DMG easily w/o crafing , the same goes for the SCH/BLM with its -Emn and MaB along with the Fast CAst effect from the BLU/RDM/BRD Set . the only way to make these worth anything would HAVE to be Evolith , cuz thier base is sooooo gimp .

LOL
By Mikumaru 2009-11-13 08:23:07  
p.s. NIce jorb Blazza .
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-13 09:00:48  
I dunno... The Haubert is pretty nice for Pld imo. At least as nice as the ACP body. Just switch in Nuevo for casting and idle in Ebon.
 Hades.Dizzmal
サーバ: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-11-13 10:15:56  
Quote:
Mikumaru said:
Quote:
Gilgamesh.Tallulah said:

So youre saying the base stats of these items arent impressive? i guess youre right , a PLD can easily get Armour that negates 6% Phys and Magic DMG easily w/o crafing , the same goes for the SCH/BLM with its -Emn and MaB along with the Fast CAst effect from the BLU/RDM/BRD Set . the only way to make these worth anything would HAVE to be Evolith , cuz thier base is sooooo gimp .

LOL

Compared to current items that is already out, yes there is much better gear available than this stuff. From the look of cost/item+requirements on the craft. Unless the new system helps with some stats, it wont be on par with alot of the current gear.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Thalos
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Thalos 2009-11-13 10:20:01  
Nice Table Blazza, I'll check the Woodworking and Leathercraft guild as soon as I get a chance and see if I can find any other recipes for you.
 Pandemonium.Alexanderofodin
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Alexanderofodin 2009-11-13 10:53:10  
looks pretty good Blazza nice job i'm going out on a feeling that the pld type will be goldsmithing and whats left will be alchemy and the sam/mnk/pup will be wood
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Blackwhirlwind 2009-11-14 01:36:47  
Someone make a Ebon Cuirass plz
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-14 01:53:11  
Holy crap fast cast for blu with some macc on head AND body. Win
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-14 08:41:54  
bump (added a rant)
 Fairy.Laia
サーバ: Fairy
user: Laia
By Fairy.Laia 2009-11-14 19:15:56  
Ebon jerkin <wheeeere?> ; ;
 Pandemonium.Nususu
user: nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-11-14 19:59:43  
You sure the Ebon Harness is Leathercraft? I recall seeing it on BG as a bonecraft synth, which makes sense to me, seeing as pretty much all the harnesses so far are bonecraft, and this one has some BC ingredients. Just a thought.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-14 20:00:47  
Read OP, I don't think 9 of those sets will be available until synergy is released.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-14 20:04:10  
Pandemonium.Nususu said:
You sure the Ebon Harness is Leathercraft? I recall seeing it on BG as a bonecraft synth, which makes sense to me, seeing as pretty much all the harnesses so far are bonecraft, and this one has some BC ingredients. Just a thought.
Lol, what's the bonecraft ingredient in that? It does however have amphiptere leather, angel skin and shagreen... So yeah <_<
 Pandemonium.Nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-11-14 20:06:20  
Angel Skin is coral.
 Phoenix.Tiburon
サーバ: Phoenix
user: crookedh
By Phoenix.Tiburon 2009-11-14 20:09:49  
Odin.Blazza said:
Pandemonium.Nususu said:
Lol, what's the bonecraft ingredient in that? It does however have amphiptere leather, ANGEL SKIN and shagreen... So yeah <_<

::facepalm::
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-14 20:48:37  
oh <_<

I just figured skin = leather :p

But I'm still fairly sure it's leather because my 103 leathercraft friend was telling me about some recipe that uses amphiptere leathers. But I got the recipe off the page for its item, and the person that listed the recipe listed the sub crafts, but not the main craft, so I have no confirmation.

Looking at the materials, I'd actually say it should be leathercraft main with smithing goldsmithing AND bonecraft subs. Seriously, all of this armour is for serious crafters only, I'm at 86 smithing with a handful of half done sub-crafts and I'm pretty sure I'll have no chance of making any of this.
 Pandemonium.Nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-11-14 20:59:53  
I stand corrected. I went back to that BG topic and it turns out it did say it was LC there too.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-14 21:54:49  
No worries, it's easy to get stuff like that wrong, I saw on the Ebon Armet page that someone had added the recipe, which I'd already written down in a text file, compared the two and they were different. I rated the post down and started to write "that's wrong, the recipe is..." Then I'm like, hang on, my recipe doesn't make sense, why the hell would a metal helmet have a woodworking sub? Went back and checked the smiting npc, and sure enough the one the other guy posted was right <_< Felt kinda stupid for rating him down after that :p

But now I'm just trying to work out wtf I was looking at, 'cause I also had toksomething tama-hagane in it O_O
 Hades.Rairom
サーバ: Hades
user: Rairom
By Hades.Rairom 2009-11-14 22:21:33  
Wow. I had no idea there were so many sets. I thought there was just the WAR DRK set.

Thanks for the list amigo.
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Blackwhirlwind 2009-11-15 02:12:03  
Ok, my question is who ever makes these are sets, will they be sellable, or do you have to make yourself in order to obtain because im not much of a crafter.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-15 02:27:37  
The ones that are able to be made now are straight up tradeable armour like anything else. The other 9 sets that we don't have recipes for I believe will be made via synergy. Which means you will probably have to be in the party when it's made to get the item. However, looking at the new crafting smocks and such, it will take 4, or a maximum of 5 people to guarantee a 100% success rate (or as close as possible) on the synths, meaning the 6th spot in the party can be taken up by the buyer.

But... Not really knowing anything about it yet it's too hard to say for sure.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-15 10:07:48  
Added in the rest of the currently available recipes. No crafting levels are confirmed, but I think they are all the same:

Body100
Legs97
Head95
Hands93
Feet91

With ALL sub-crafts being 60.

I really can't confirm these levels, that's just my personal best guess. As I level up my smithing (IF I level it up further) I'll keep checking with the guild npc. He only offers me recipes that are 5-10 levels above my current level, so I'll be able to work out the exact levels from that if no-one beats me to it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-15 20:09:28  
So heres a theory. There are 3 sets with recipes and 9 without. The 3 with recipes cover each job once. The other 9 do as well. There 3 directly above or below put together on the table exactly fit the same jobs as the ones with about 1/3 the jobs...

So maybe there are basically 3 base armors that are straight crafting that are well kinda meh and from those each of those 3 3 more better and more job specific ones can be made via synergy?

Also just checked recipes on bonecraft mule. I got nothing though I only have alchemy and leather subs so who knows
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-15 20:18:52  
I have no idea what you just said, but read underneath the table in my OP
First Page 2