Remedy...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Alchemy » Remedy...
Remedy...
 Alexander.Ewitt
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: ginger
By Alexander.Ewitt 2008-09-09 01:07:35  
Yes I know SE did it because of RMT, But they hurt me. Did they hurt you.
 Seraph.Xurion
サーバ: Seraph
user: Xurion
By Seraph.Xurion 2008-09-29 06:50:07  
No.
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
サーバ: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2008-10-01 12:10:51  
There are many other ways to make money. You can find most of them on this site!
 Seraph.Xurion
By Seraph.Xurion 2008-10-02 06:51:54  
Some people become so reliant on one way to make money, they think it is the end of the world when that method is taken away.
 Siren.Antigod
サーバ: Siren
user: AnTi90d
By Siren.Antigod 2008-10-03 18:03:20  
It didn't financially hurt me, but it did anger me a great deal. I enjoyed farming mistletoe to hq loads of remedies to sell to an npc when my AH slots were all full.. I do feel that this wasn't the best course of action for SE to take.. I would rather they have lowered the drop rate of mistletoe or buffed the mobs that drop it instead.. but, eh.. this wasn't the first time that SE gave alchemists the finger.. and it probably won't be the last.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2008-10-03 19:40:08  
lolnerf
 Seraph.Xurion
By Seraph.Xurion 2008-10-06 04:55:53  
Antigod said:
It didn't financially hurt me, but it did anger me a great deal. I enjoyed farming mistletoe to hq loads of remedies to sell to an npc when my AH slots were all full.. I do feel that this wasn't the best course of action for SE to take.. I would rather they have lowered the drop rate of mistletoe or buffed the mobs that drop it instead.. but, eh.. this wasn't the first time that SE gave alchemists the finger.. and it probably won't be the last.

If you were a good crafter, you'd laugh at the whole thing heartilly and say to yourself "Time for one of my many other ways to make some gil."
 Fairy.Pwrless
サーバ: Fairy
user: Pwrless
By Fairy.Pwrless 2008-10-26 13:36:00  
I still have loads of Mistletoe stacks I paid 55-60k for on storage, I still make remedies from time to time and store them away I don't bother in selling them anymore since a stack is down to 10k is not worth my time and NPC resale price is around 465 ea. I can farm spider webs or do other stuff and make more gil at it for my clothcraft main. So instead I am doing more echo drops and silent oils on my Alchemy mule, but GUESS WHAT ... more people doing them too "Alchemists" who can no longer make a buck on remedy are swamping the AH's on these oils going as low as 5k a stack, and I'm sure a bunch of RMT's are as well doing it. So in conclusion SE has found a way to transfer the problem on the Remedies's mistletoe item and move it to Silent oils, echoes, and Beeswax. Its unheard of being able to buy Silent oils for 5,000 gil on a WEEKEND when demand is always high.
 Ramuh.Stryyker
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Stryyker
By Ramuh.Stryyker 2008-10-26 14:41:13  
Xurion said:
If you were a good crafter, you'd laugh at the whole thing heartilly and say to yourself "Time for one of my many other ways to make some gil."

Isn't it funny it's always easy to snub someone else's problem off as miniscule until you are in their shoes having a problem. I always find this funny in situation's like this. For once people shouldput them self in other people's shoes and stop being *** about it; not everyone is as priveleged as others to make millions of gil a day. Some people find it hard due to time, level, and other restrictions.
[+]
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2008-11-11 12:02:55  
Stryyker said:
[quote=Xurion]not everyone is as priveleged as others to make millions of gil a day. Some people find it hard due to time, level, and other restrictions.
You're on crack, dude. If you don't have the time, then find something slower with a higher profit that doesn't require repeated trips to the AH. These things exist.

If you are low-level, then farm things that sell well. You can beat bees and cralwers at level 5, right? Do you not put on your signet to get crystals? Those things fly out of the AH.

Other restrictions? As in too lazy to farm? Or just plain entitlement? Please explain.

The only reason I pick this bone is because it relates to society at large. Jimmy Shoeshine complains because he can't be a millionaire shining shoes. There are many other ways to make money than shining shoes. If you love shining shoes, then you need to put in the work elsewhere in order to support yourself while you do what you love. It's really simple and should not be relegated to a sort of welfare where people should be given excuses not to try.