Reporting A Vulgar Message To Mods?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Help » Reporting a Vulgar Message to mods?
Reporting a Vulgar Message to mods?
By Ryotto 2023-06-09 01:11:28  
Not sure if someone sending a PM to you and calling you a detestable name is reportable or how you would go doing that...? Since Report Spam is the only option in PM and I didn't know where else to post.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-09 01:55:23  
most adults would just ignore it and move on with their day.

Not saying the initial action was appropriate, mind you- just saying that giving it even one iota of attention keeps it alive a lot longer than....oh I don't know....JUST. MOVING. ON.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-06-09 03:14:42  
block them
[+]
 Cerberus.Ferusio
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Ferusio
By Cerberus.Ferusio 2023-06-09 04:03:37  
Snitches get stitches.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-06-09 07:25:45  
For a moment i read “mobs” instead of “mods”.

I wasjust thinking that someone would be reported because he was saying aggressive/offensive words after mob mijin makured….
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2023-06-09 08:12:31  
The rules pretty clearly state that you can't harass people in PMs, so I'm not sure what you people are going on about.
[+]
By Ryotto 2023-06-09 08:15:28  
RadialArcana said: »
block them

I did that but I don't want it happening to others.
Administrator
By Rooks 2023-06-09 08:23:19  
Standard procedure is to block, unless what they're doing/saying crosses some line into harassment/stalking. Can PM me if you like.

Fair warning: if it's a first time thing, I'll probably just say to block them and move on unless it's REALLY over the top, but if you want to be sure, my inbox is open.
[+]
By Ryotto 2023-06-09 08:33:43  
Rooks said: »
Standard procedure is to block, unless what they're doing/saying crosses some line into harassment/stalking. Can PM me if you like.

Fair warning: if it's a first time thing, I'll probably just say to block them and move on unless it's REALLY over the top, but if you want to be sure, my inbox is open.

From this user yes.
By Ryotto 2023-06-09 08:44:31  
Rooks said: »
Can PM me if you like.

I'll probably send you screenshotted proof and you can do with it as you like.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-09 11:04:56  
Siren.Kyte said: »
The rules pretty clearly state that you can't harass people in PMs, so I'm not sure what you people are going on about.

as I said originally- not looking to excuse the original action, but I swear the world would just be a lot simpler and happier place if everyone listened to grandma and just turned the other cheek. I simply said most adults would look at someone trying to harass them in PMs on a video game website as the child they are, close the window, grab their coffee, and go on with their day.

The principle might be right, I just see when it comes to little things like that any extra effort made by the person offended only keeps the offense alive. In this case, the victim has all the power in the world to determine the level of hurt they feel, and the offender has zero. Maybe its best for those who are hurt to move forward, rather than run to teacher that someone was mean, re-living it over and over by their own decision.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-06-09 12:20:11  
There are people who struggle with life who may feel worse when someone begins harassing them like this. It can bring up a lot of unwanted anxiety. Telling people to just "get over it" and "move on" is dismissing their feelings, which isn't the right thing to do.

They should be able to report something without being embarrassed because they aren't like "most adults who would just see it as it is and move on". Yes, most people will just laugh it off, but there are others who can have their day ruined by these "little things". In some cases, they may be totally fine but want to save other people from experiencing the same.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2023-06-09 14:01:22  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »

as I said originally- not looking to excuse the original action, but I swear the world would just be a lot simpler and happier place if everyone listened to grandma and just turned the other cheek. I simply said most adults would look at someone trying to harass them in PMs on a video game website as the child they are, close the window, grab their coffee, and go on with their day.

The principle might be right, I just see when it comes to little things like that any extra effort made by the person offended only keeps the offense alive. In this case, the victim has all the power in the world to determine the level of hurt they feel, and the offender has zero. Maybe its best for those who are hurt to move forward, rather than run to teacher that someone was mean, re-living it over and over by their own decision.

yeah dude, saying a bunch of condescending ***is totally the appropriate thing to do, rather than letting a mod use their own judgment in private lol
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-06-09 14:08:50  
Celeb really pulling the "cyberbullying doesn't exist just look away lol" card

I'm not going to pretend to know their circumstances but I'm sure we all agree it's easier to report and nip the behavior in the bud than let it perpetuate/propagate.
[+]
By Banhammer 2023-06-09 17:34:53  
This post is detestable.
[+]
サーバ: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-06-09 18:04:10  
I simply said most adults would look at someone trying to harass them in PMs on a video game website as the child they are, close the window, grab their coffee, and go on with their day.

For some people, this simply isn't enough. It's because they lack the fortitude to shrug it off that they seek some form of justice, to restore their emotional balance.

In fact, OP could have simply sent any mod/admin a PM about this but instead chose to make a very public thread about it, knowing that person would see it. Obvious power move.
[+]
By Ryotto 2023-06-09 18:08:55  
Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
I simply said most adults would look at someone trying to harass them in PMs on a video game website as the child they are, close the window, grab their coffee, and go on with their day.

For some people, this simply isn't enough. It's because they lack the fortitude to shrug it off that they seek some form of justice, to restore their emotional balance.

In fact, OP could have simply sent any mod/admin a PM about this but instead chose to make a very public thread about it, knowing that person would see it. Obvious power move.

I've been told on this exact website years ago, to go kill myself because I was using a Shellbuster. It takes a keyboard warrior to be ballsy enough to say that to someone that's gay and actually has mental health issues. This is why I PM'd Rooks after he said his DMs were open.

Banhammer said: »
This post is detestable.

Calling someone a *** is detestable when you have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the said person.

I 100% think the person is a burner account that has an account on Quetz that is personally targeting me per usual, and it hasn't stopped in 10+ years.

I'm legit tired of the cyberbullying during Gay Pride Month.
サーバ: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-06-09 18:15:54  
Ryotto said: »
I've been told on this exact website years ago, to go kill myself because I was using a Shellbuster.

I'm sincerely sorry that happened to you, obviously nobody should have to tolerate that, regardless of what month it is.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2023-06-09 18:49:44  
I've locked this thread, as its purpose has been fulfilled.

I wanted to clarify what I said earlier, because it would be pretty easy to take what I said as "figure it out amongst yourselves", which is true when it's the usual sort of slapfighting that goes on around here.

However, "a random ten day old account that's already posted a bunch of low value/harassing comments and is sending slurs to random people" is exactly the kind of thing people should find a mod/me for, so I can dropkick them off the site. And, if you're the kind of person who engages in that sort of ***you probably thought I was a tyrant anyway, so I'm happy to confirm your priors.
[+]