Nameplate Plugin

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » Nameplate plugin
Nameplate plugin
By RadialArcana 2023-01-29 11:08:37  
So I've recently noticed this plugin, that was made for Ashita but works with windower. Can it be linked here (as in is it safe to share, no funny business in the file), does the person that made it post here, is someone working on one specifically for windower?

It seems to be a cool plugin that changes how the game scales the nameplate and removes the stretching. So it basically displays the UI textures properly and ignores the screen res.

I made a mod that changes the UI file to achieve this, but this seems to do that on the fly.
By Dazusu 2023-01-29 12:01:51  
I was going to post about it earlier, but like you, I decided not to because I didn't make it.

It renders the nameplate at 4:3, as intended -- irrespective of your game resolution and makes the need for XIView kinda redundant (regarding font changes, at least).

I've been using it for a bit, and it's like a breath of fresh air; no longer is there nameplate soup all over my screen when playing 32:9 or 16:9 -- it's safe (...so far) and has quite a few customization options.

You can find it on the Ashita discord under the #reverse-engineering channel.

Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-01-29 12:03:34  
The plugin is made by Velyn, who frequents most RE-based discords. I don't think she posts here. She's released several things and their source in the past with no indication of malware, but I don't know that anyone's done analysis of this specifically to verify that.

The plugin itself works by changing how the game draws the plate on the fly, which was figured out via reverse engineering. On top of that, making it work with windower required reverse engineering windower's plugin API to create a plugin without their approval, as they keep it closed to the public. Pretty cool accomplishment.

I wouldn't expect anyone to be working on one for windower4, especially since this one already works and is available. There's basically nobody left who:
-Is still actively making things for FFXI
-Has access to windower's plugin API
-Has knowledge of reverse engineering sufficient to create this
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-29 12:54:14  
Does Velyn play retail? I kind of got the impression it was made for PS maybe since that's where I saw it in videos.

Sad they put so much work into it and barely anyone even seems to know it exists.
By Rinuko 2023-01-29 12:55:44  
So what addon is it?
By Dazusu 2023-01-29 13:00:53  
It's a plugin called Nameplate. You can't get it from the Windower launcher. Check out the Ashita discord, #reverse-engineering