Are You Playing In FFXI-HORIZON Server?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » are you playing in FFXI-HORIZON server?
are you playing in FFXI-HORIZON server?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11
 Asura.Briko
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2023-01-15 18:41:07  
RadialArcana said: »
Asura.Aerec said: »
https://imgur.com/a/8kDtgsz

Thats me, DM me i'll walk you around the data sometime.

I simply don't believe your numbers at all, you have every reason to lie and it does not make any sense at all to anyone that has played this game.

How much money did Ninja give you btw? Just wondering, unless it's a secret.
That number is public, you can see how many gifted subs ninja gave Aerec on his stream.
 Asura.Rockooo
user: mulo
By Asura.Rockooo 2023-01-15 18:41:52  
evidence doesnt matter to these ppl. they believe what they WANT to believe, anything that threatens their world view is attacking them. try explaining evolution to a creationist. no amount of evidence will change their minds because they arent interested in facts, they just want to feel validated. let trolls be trolls
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-15 18:42:58  
Now we have you here we can get some juicy details.
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2023-01-15 18:43:44  
he's been here a while, you just don't know who he is, because you refuse to learn anything about the server that you hate so much.
 Asura.Aerec
user: Aerec101
By Asura.Aerec 2023-01-15 18:45:12  
They are VERY real, we legit weren't expecting more than 1k on launch 2-3 months before release. Then our numbers just started exploding, like I said before. We attribute it to luck, timing, good communication, and a few other things.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-01-15 18:47:48  
Will just weigh in for both sides here that this discussion is pointless. Neither side will budge on anything, there's no reason in a debate based on emotion. Happens all the time with xiv, now happening with horizon. Better off spending your time and energy doing literally anything else than arguing with walls and trying to move immovable objects.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2023-01-15 18:51:57  
CrAZYVIC said: »
The best thing that could happen to FFXI official is that Ninja buys the rights to the game

I spit my drink reading this. The single dumbest statement this thread has spewed, and that is saying something.

Do better.
[+]
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2023-01-15 18:53:18  
Jetackuu said: »
CrAZYVIC said: »
The best thing that could happen to FFXI official is that Ninja buys the rights to the game

I spit my drink reading this. The single dumbest statement this thread has spewed, and that is saying something.

Do better.
I assumed it was sarcasm. But maybe... lol
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-15 18:53:46  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Will just weigh in for both sides here that this discussion is pointless. Neither side will budge on anything, there's no reason in a debate based on emotion. Happens all the time with xiv, now happening with horizon. Better off spending your time and energy doing literally anything else than arguing with walls and trying to move immovable objects.

You're no fun sometimes.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-01-15 18:56:32  
I've been through the song and dance too many times, stopped being fun a while ago. But I'm not your dad, if you find this enjoyable who am I to tell you to stop
[+]
 Asura.Rockooo
By Asura.Rockooo 2023-01-15 19:00:20  
literally anyone other than se owning ffxi would give us a better chance at new content. my nephew can reskin a tshirt once a month and hit next on the ambuscade playlist and apologize for breaking or delaying something...
By RadialArcana 2023-01-15 19:00:34  
Did "gethelpnerd" get topic banned, he is sending me love letters all the time.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-15 19:03:48  
They are VERY real, we legit weren't expecting more than 1k on launch 2-3 months before release. Then our numbers just started exploding, like I said before. We attribute it to luck, timing, good communication, and a few other things.

Ultimately, I have no way to prove your numbers are fake and you have no way to prove it.

Either you have insane retention or somehow you're attracting as many players as are leaving. Both of these situations are very difficult to achieve so if you did well done.

I still don't buy it though.
[+]
 Asura.Rockooo
By Asura.Rockooo 2023-01-15 19:09:02  

Ultimately, I have no way to prove your numbers are fake and you have no way to prove it.

Either you have insane retention or somehow you're attracting as many players as are leaving. Both of these situations are very difficult to achieve so if you did well done.

I still don't buy it though.
i believe ur an alligator. and since i wont look at the easily verifiable evidence that would suggest ur a human im just gonna stick with u being an alligator because i dont like being wrong.
 Asura.Rockooo
By Asura.Rockooo 2023-01-15 19:09:40  
just log in take a look around. or ignore it so u can pretend ur right
[+]
 Unicorn.Kaylea
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Falisa
By Unicorn.Kaylea 2023-01-15 19:14:22  
Bismarck.Ruzaki said: »
Speaking from experience of private servers in other games... don't play anywhere that allows "staff" to play. Never, ever ends well.

Yes it's asking a lot for people to develop and support a server without getting to play it. But it happens, at least for Ultima Online.
Pretty *** ridiculous to expect people to develop a game for zero pay that takes more hours than a full time job every week to maintain. You guys have some major tin foil hats on in this thread, its ridiculous. There has been no proof posted whatsoever, just baseless claims. Copium is off the charts.
Administrator
By Rooks 2023-01-15 19:17:20  
Okay so I don't want to close this down since there's actually some worthwhile discussion in here, but it's getting drowned out by ***. Knock it off.

And if you're asking yourself, "wait, does he mean ME?!" then yes I almost certainly do
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-15 19:18:53  
Unicorn.Kaylea said: »
Pretty *** ridiculous to expect people to develop a game for zero pay that takes more hours than a full time job every week to maintain. You guys have some major tin foil hats on in this thread, its ridiculous. There has been no proof posted whatsoever, just baseless claims. Copium is off the charts.

Yeah cause it's not like they chose to do it when there are already 10 other private servers and retail is it, they had to do it obviously

Hey look guys, I dug my garden! I should get paid for this, look at all the work I did!
By Draylo 2023-01-15 19:27:12  
Asura.Briko said: »
Draylo losing sleep because a p.server having temporary greater success than retail.

Meanwhile I'm losing sleep grinding these crabs in qufim. :)

Not losing sleep, I literally take seconds to make a post and sometimes I get bored and make multiple posts. I dont stay up at night wondering why they betrayed retail XI! I do honestly wonder how in the hell can someone who likes current era retail enjoy that crap. Literally the other day I went with my crew and fought some mobs and my Ifrit did Flaming crush for 99k to a 99k light, I was like ha we are so powerful now (also it says "The Ifrit defeats x" thought it used to say Ifrit".) Then I had my 1hr so I summoned Odin two one shot two Locus mob. It felt nice, I can't imagine going back to whiffing 100 times on a crab for 50 exp and enjoying that... I literally grew up and used to play like 15 hours a day during that era as a kid... I never would want to go back to that lol, such a bore. I remember as a kid dreaming of summoning Odin, Bahamut and being super powerful. Fighting alongside powerful NPCs, during missions I would geak out wondering what moves they could do.

They literally added everything I ever wanted in retail over the years, more storage space, more QoL updates etc... To go back to nothing its insane to me.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-01-15 19:28:57  
Asura.Rockooo said: »
Draylo said: »
It probably wont last, and 80% of your numbers are probably playing because its free lol.
by ur logic if theyre playin only because its free why would they leave
It probably wont last, and 80% of your numbers are probably playing because its free lol.
i can literally quote u for sayign just wait till after xmas when the kiddies go back to school and it drops to 500... you provide nothing but conjecture, now that ur wrong about the xmas dropoff are u gonna push the goal posts to easter? its so cringe how bad u want something to fail that doesnt affect you.

I am BUSY, I can't answer you instantly. You just quoted/replied to like 10 posts on Youtube and I'm not even on there, I'm barely skimming this thread to respond to ppl. You also keep continuing with personal attacks, slow down and clam down.
 Asura.Snapster
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2023-01-15 19:30:05  
People said the same about WoW classic, yet it became more popular during its' content cycles than retail WoW. There is something appealing about the classic MMO style; retail MMOs don't capture it.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-15 19:30:42  
he's been here a while, you just don't know who he is, because you refuse to learn anything about the server that you hate so much.

I don't hate it at all and indeed talked positive of it a few times, I just don't like the promotion of it some seem to want to do to retail players.

Vic made this topic to cause trouble in the first place.
By RadialArcana 2023-01-15 19:35:52  
https://imgur.com/a/8kDtgsz

Thats me, DM me i'll walk you around the data sometime.

I simply don't believe your numbers at all, you have every reason to lie and it does not make any sense at all to anyone that has played this game.

How much money did Ninja give you btw? Just wondering, unless it's a secret.
That number is public, you can see how many gifted subs ninja gave Aerec on his stream.

I guarantee you he has given them way more than you see, and that money will come with unspoken strings attached.
By Draylo 2023-01-15 19:35:58  
Speaking from experience of private servers in other games... don't play anywhere that allows "staff" to play. Never, ever ends well.

Yes it's asking a lot for people to develop and support a server without getting to play it. But it happens, at least for Ultima Online.

Baseless claims? Holy hell lol. A literal millionaire admitted to funding the server. He didn't specify how. There are abnormal amounts of people "streaming" and playing on a private server of a slow *** game that is 20 years old in format. Literal girls dressed like cats that only play XIV to sit in towns with vanity gear are STREAMING XI. You really think theres no ad push behind this at all? They aren't obfuscating the numbers at all? How is it no other server had this many players but this one magically does? You would have to have your head in the sand to believe nothing is going down behind the scenes.
By Draylo 2023-01-15 19:37:01  
Did "gethelpnerd" get topic banned, he is sending me love letters all the time.

Most likely, d44k is known for being quite hateful in his speech patterns. I would guess this other guy is him pretending to type like a 12 yr old. It would fit that he goes to every youtube comment to harass me.
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2023-01-15 19:41:19  

Baseless claims? Holy hell lol. A literal millionaire admitted to funding the server. He didn't specify how. There are abnormal amounts of people "streaming" and playing on a private server of a slow *** game that is 20 years old in format. Literal girls dressed like cats that only play XIV to sit in towns with vanity gear are STREAMING XI. You really think theres no ad push behind this at all? They aren't obfuscating the numbers at all? How is it no other server had this many players but this one magically does? You would have to have your head in the sand to believe nothing is going down behind the scenes.
Could be that people are enjoying themselves? Heaven forbid someone have a different taste than you. I play retail and I play 75 era, they both are different games.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2023-01-15 19:42:10  
And we're done here.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11