FF14 Wins Best Community Support At VGA.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » FF14 wins best community support at VGA.
FF14 wins best community support at VGA.
First Page 2 3
By Felgarr 2022-12-08 20:26:57  
So FF14 just won best community support at the Video Game Awards. I know these industry awards don't mean much, but I couldn't help but laugh.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-08 20:42:19  
Quote:
Recognizing a game for outstanding community support, transparency and responsiveness, inclusive of social media activity and game updates/patches.

Well that's a load of horseshit lol. But 14 has a ton of stans and the forknife kiddos don't/can't vote.
[+]
By Murdock 2022-12-08 20:45:02  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Draylo 2022-12-08 20:53:02  
Yea we in that dystopian future, gotta love modern gamers.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-12-08 21:04:39  
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-12-09 04:30:15  
Salt in the jar is rock salt. Salt on the surface is table salt. Visible confusion.
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-12-09 07:59:04  
Felgarr said: »
So FF14 just won best community support at the Video Game Awards. I know these industry awards don't mean much, but I couldn't help but laugh.

What's so funny about that?
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-12-09 08:21:25  
Mattelot said: »

SE being a totally disengaged company that doesn't interact in any meaningful way with their customers, probably.
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-12-09 08:24:50  
When it comes to FFXIV, that's not true. Maybe with FFXI but the award wasn't for SE itself, it was for FFXIV.
By RadialArcana 2022-12-09 09:19:11  
lolblizzard tho
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-12-09 09:37:50  
RadialArcana said: »
lolblizzard tho

Yes, this... I will agree with. If Blizzard had won this award, you wouldn't have been able to convince me that it wasn't rigged. Worst customer service of any gaming company I've ever dealt with in my long history of gaming.
[+]
 Shiva.Mewtwo
サーバ: Shiva
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Mewtwo 2022-12-09 10:53:01  
Shiva.Thorny said: »

SE being a totally disengaged company that doesn't interact in any meaningful way with their customers, probably.

Maybe when it comes to XI but they are actually quite the opposite when it comes to XIV. It's their baby atm and they are very active to the player base. Just like how they made the game free to play and remade the whole game because people were unhappy about 1.0. They constantly address issues players have with the game. Yoshi-P always seems to make an effort when it comes to XIV players.

I still don't think they are the best community. Even though I couldn't recommend which should of won. But I saw a lot of hatred when people from WOW chose to play XIV. Or just in general some FFXIV Facebook groups always have people complaining about others and crying about why other people should be doing things differently. "PLD's should always be doing bigger pulls" "WHM's always have to DPS" etc. Even have groups that will use websites that have uploaded parsed information about you to decide weather they want you or not. Not as good of a community as some people believe it is
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-12-09 11:04:14  
Shiva.Mewtwo said: »
Maybe when it comes to XI but they are actually quite the opposite when it comes to XIV. It's their baby atm and they are very active to the player base. Just like how they made the game free to play and remade the whole game because people were unhappy about 1.0. They constantly address issues players have with the game. Yoshi-P always seems to make an effort when it comes to XIV players.

I still don't think they are the best community. Even though I couldn't recommend which should of won. But I saw a lot of hatred when people from WOW chose to play XIV. Or just in general some FFXIV Facebook groups always have people complaining about others and crying about why other people should be doing things differently. "PLD's should always be doing bigger pulls" "WHM's always have to DPS" etc. Even have groups that will use websites that have uploaded parsed information about you to decide weather they want you or not. Not as good of a community as some people believe it is

Yoshi-P does a great job with how he handles the game. I love his anti-elitist stance.

Now, the community overall (players) is not the best... at all. I've played all 3 games since they released and while WoW does have it's issues, you are correct, FFXIV more often dog on others, which I've never agreed with.

I've been in several discussions in the past year about the FFXIV community and I roll my eyes at all the people who are either 1) flat-out lying 2) never taken off their rose-tinted glasses 3) still in the new/shiny stage or 4) have no basis for comparison who try talking up the XIV community. I know better. I've never seen players in XI or WoW give others death threats which get 20+ post likes just because some player does not play to their personal, made-up-on-the-spot standards.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2022-12-09 13:01:41  
Shiva.Thorny said: »

Remember, this award isn't about the community but about the public support and transparency S-E provides to the community.

The community certainly leaves things to desire but that can be said about every fandom. Just look at the Genshin vs Sonic BS right now with the game awards, lol..
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-09 13:05:54  
As I quoted;
Quote:
Recognizing a game for outstanding community support, transparency and responsiveness, inclusive of social media activity and game updates/patches.

I don't think square does any of that ***. Their reps do not support the community. They never respond to (anything) they're the absolute least transparent company in existence lol and their social media presence is dogturds.

0/10 in every category except updates and patches.

Lucky for them it's about how much *** your audience kisses and not abject reality.

(They're also a lot a bit racist)((Japanese companies/culture in general, but still))
By Mattelot 2022-12-09 13:26:45  
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Remember, this award isn't about the community but about the public support and transparency S-E provides to the community.

The community certainly leaves things to desire but that can be said about every fandom. Just look at the Genshin vs Sonic BS right now with the game awards, lol..

Correct though I don't know if you're a FFXIV player but there is this "rumor" going around that their community is leaps and bounds better than most others and it's a complete lie that somehow flourishes.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I don't think square does any of that ***. Their reps do not support the community. They never respond to (anything) they're the absolute least transparent company in existence lol and their social media presence is dogturds.

Blizzard? Lots of bad publicity in the past couple years. Moved from a system of actually talking to people to robot, copy/pasted tickets. SE are by no means perfect but they do have Blizzard beat.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-09 13:40:12  
As Blizzard was not an option

It was either EA (el oh *** el)
Bungie
Square
Epic (should have probably won)
and some company I know nothing about but no man's sky had an abysmal start and incredibly bad PR.
By Mattelot 2022-12-09 13:45:41  
Yeah, luckily they weren't. Bungie could have won if this were 2014 but yeah EA...
By NoScrying 2022-12-09 13:46:29  
Correct though I don't know if you're a FFXIV player but there is this "rumor" going around that their community is leaps and bounds better than most others and it's a complete lie that somehow flourishes.

The issue is toxic positivity.
You will be *** blasted if you criticize shitters and lazy veterans.

"It's just a dungeon, who cares if we only kill 2 enemies at a time"
"It's just a trial, let him use 1 WS if he wants to"
"It's not even Savage, why should I give my buffs to the DD instead of my BF/GF Healer?"
"We're not parsing, I'm gonna Ice mage if I want to"

It basically continues all the way up until you reach Ultimates.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-12-09 15:16:01  

Yoshi-P does a great job with how he handles the game. I love his anti-elitist stance.

Now, the community overall (players) is not the best... at all. I've played all 3 games since they released and while WoW does have it's issues, you are correct, FFXIV more often dog on others, which I've never agreed with.

I've been in several discussions in the past year about the FFXIV community and I roll my eyes at all the people who are either 1) flat-out lying 2) never taken off their rose-tinted glasses 3) still in the new/shiny stage or 4) have no basis for comparison who try talking up the XIV community. I know better. I've never seen players in XI or WoW give others death threats which get 20+ post likes just because some player does not play to their personal, made-up-on-the-spot standards.

It's really ironic that WoW players were belittled for not playing tanks and healers aggressively enough considering their conservative play habits were formed by a much more difficult game.
By Tarage 2022-12-09 15:25:54  
Legit, outside of SE, FFXIV support, especially from the devs, has been outstanding, and you're really oblivious or haven't played it if you think otherwise.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2022-12-09 15:52:46  
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »

Eh, I've seen enough positivity and negativity in XIV to see both sides of the coin. I'm actually impressed at how hyper positive and hyper toxic the two ends of the spectrum are for XIV, having experiencing both ends of community during my tenure playing the game. The community can be quite bi-polar.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-12-09 17:38:14  
Tarage said: »
Legit, outside of SE, FFXIV support, especially from the devs, has been outstanding, and you're really oblivious or haven't played it if you think otherwise.

FF14 is for the horny... BONK BONK BONK
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2022-12-09 17:54:59  
LMAO
By RadialArcana 2022-12-09 18:01:04  
Keep in mind these awards were given based on discord or something? also the options were apex legends, destiny 2, fortnite, no mans sky and ff14.
By Tarage 2022-12-09 18:46:27  
GetHelpNerd said: »
LMAO
I rest my case.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-12-09 20:06:37  
RadialArcana said: »
Keep in mind these awards were given based on discord or something? also the options were apex legends, destiny 2, fortnite, no mans sky and ff14.

No... the award was for the dev's and community team's engagement with the community via Discord, social media, etc.; the people saying SE doesn't engage with the XIV community and aren't transparent are living 15 years in the past when dinosaurs roamed the earth and Tanaka was the tribe's chief. In addition to complete development transparency through things like Live Letters and hand written letters from the producer, explanations when they make decisions on things like suspending housing demolition or banning people for exploits or addressing things like third party tools and addons, they maintain an extremely active Twitter account that engages just about daily.

I understand you're all jaded by how dogshit SE's community support was and is for XI but that is not how it is handled for XIV, and that's why it won the award. The general ignorance about this just further cements how little research any of you have actually done about the game that you go to sleep cursing every night.
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-12-09 20:45:16  
Quote:
Yoshi-P does a great job with how he handles the game.

Isn't he the guy who basically is retiring on ffxi and doing the minimal to keep it going so he can get his retirement bonus? He's also the architect of the slow decline of ffxi?
By Draylo 2022-12-09 21:04:43  
I hate XIV!
By Mattelot 2022-12-09 21:18:37  
Draylo said: »
I hate XIV!

Don’t sugarcoat it, tell us how you really feel.
[+]
First Page 2 3