Ffxi The Worst Zone Ever!!!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » ffxi the worst zone ever!!!
ffxi the worst zone ever!!!
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-11-26 21:47:34  
there's a map on bg-wiki that has the walking paths colored in so it's easier to see. once you know how to see the path, it's not that bad, but ya I disliked it for a long time.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-26 22:09:58  
I wouldn't say it's the worst zone in the game, I'd say it's the worst map in the game. And even then, it's not much worse than any of the Promyvion zones lol

My least favourite actual zones are a toss between places like Ifrit's Cauldron and Jugner Forest (S) and a few others that make me actually mad trying to navigate even with online resources lol
[+]
By jdeep 2022-11-26 22:37:06  
Yuhtunga & Yhoator
[+]
 Cerberus.Demiurgos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: habernt
By Cerberus.Demiurgos 2022-11-26 22:45:28  
Jugner Forest S and Uleguerand Range for me.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-11-27 07:30:02  
There is really nothing that compares to yorcia, the map sucks and there are portions of the map that close based on time of day and other things (mainly an issue on smaller servers)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-11-27 07:39:58  
Thats kinda relative. Yorcia is quite bad to find a specific place on it, but the teleportations alleviate quite well the problem.

Problem is those zones that you often need to go and the options to travel are limited. In this context, i would say Outer Rakaznar is a strong comtender for people who want (or wanted in the past) to farm those apex bats placed like in the upper left side in the map with barely any teleport, many travelling, reives, all sort of mobs in the way.

Any place that requires you to spend like 10 minutes only travelling can be considered worst.
 Bahamut.Suph
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-11-27 09:57:05  
That's a strange looking Bastok
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-11-27 10:07:36  
Now you said it, Windurst is indeed the worstest zone ever.

Not only because is ***, but because thousands of quests/missions force you to go there.

And, on top of that, there are many of those dirty tarus.

Yeah, there is no worse place than windurst
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-11-27 10:17:24  
Pantafernando said: »

Not only because is ***, but because thousands of quests/missions force you to go there.

San d’Oria reigns supreme =o
By Pantafernando 2022-11-27 10:23:54  
At least that city makes some sense.

Even after years, i can barely distinguish Waters, Woods and Walls
 Bahamut.Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-11-27 10:34:09  
At least that city makes some sense.

Even after years, i can barely distinguish Waters, Woods and Walls

Its weird that Windurst Walls has no zone exit to Sarutabaruta or anywhere outside of Windurst while at the same time contain the Heaven’s Tower which is a big hulk of Woods.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-11-27 12:46:34  
Fort Ghelsba is probably the worst zone because it's 99% worthless. Its only purpose it to get to the other side of Yughott Grotto. If you don't have to go there for the 2-3 mission, you can get Maat to teleport you to Horlais Peak, back into the Grotto for the Homepoint, and then you could live your life without every zoning into it.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2022-11-27 12:56:16  
Before QOL updates and all the warps and such…
Kirin Room (some people never understood the telepad mechanic no matter how many times you explained it to them lol)

Also the Ullukumi room in Sky. Took a solid 20 minutes to get to that little camp and that was back when making one or two merits after a few hours was “really good xp”

It’s nothing now but back then that was a hike lol.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2022-11-28 06:38:18  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Kirin Room (some people never understood the telepad mechanic no matter how many times you explained it to them lol)
Weren't the different proposed "mechanics" just the usual FFXI community superstition & the devs confirmed it's a random 50/50 chance?
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2022-11-29 14:46:31  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Weren't the different proposed "mechanics" just the usual FFXI community superstition & the devs confirmed it's a random 50/50 chance?

Nope, if memory serves, as long as the pad moves you when the game/world clock is on an even number (even, right?), you’re put into the Kirin room. Myself and a few of my LS mates literally never missed the Kirin room once we knew that trick. It’s been working far too consistently to be any sort of chance I think.

Now the part that kept tripping people up was probably that the game/world clock is removed from view when your teleportation prompt appears. So if you aren’t good at syncing RL Time to the Clock, you might miss it. Also having an Alt on another window would help as well for sticking it every time.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2022-11-30 01:03:49  
Nope, if memory serves, as long as the pad moves you when the game/world clock is on an even number (even, right?), you’re put into the Kirin room. Myself and a few of my LS mates literally never missed the Kirin room once we knew that trick. It’s been working far too consistently to be any sort of chance I think.

Now the part that kept tripping people up was probably that the game/world clock is removed from view when your teleportation prompt appears. So if you aren’t good at syncing RL Time to the Clock, you might miss it. Also having an Alt on another window would help as well for sticking it every time.
Ah. Yeah I remember the in-game time trick (and people disagreeing over whether it had to be an even or an odd minute, which was complicated by machine/server lag and the hiding of the in-game clock when you interact with the teleporter). I just remember reading on some forum that the devs disproved it when they decided to make the teleport destinations fixed, but I can't find any source for that (the update note just reads: "Certain teleporters located in the Shrine of Ru'Avitau will now send players to a fixed location."), so I'll take your word for it.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-11-30 06:34:49  
Sky zones when multiple LSes were moving through with the doors constantly opening and shutting lmao. You had to assign folks to just go get the doors for your group at times.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2022-11-30 08:18:35  
crawlers nest, pre-patch.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-11-30 08:36:28  
Worst zone in the game? The Chocobo Circuit. It's honestly really depressing seeing how much effort they put into designing, programming, and developing it. But it's so confusing, so out of the way, and so fruitless that no one ever goes there.

I'm there right now to do the monthly quest and it's making me genuinely sad.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-11-30 08:49:55  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Worst zone in the game? The Chocobo Circuit. It's honestly really depressing seeing how much effort they put into designing, programming, and developing it. But it's so confusing, so out of the way, and so fruitless that no one ever goes there.

I'm there right now to do the monthly quest and it's making me genuinely sad.

I hate that it rains indoors.
By Jetackuu 2022-11-30 08:58:28  
Bahamut.Suph said: »

San d’Oria reigns supreme =o

Yet they've had Ronfaure since the KRT update. So many windy botters...
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-11-30 09:10:26  
From the old zones, Toraimarai Canal comes to mind as being terrible. There was very little occasion to go there so I never had it memorized like other labyrinth-type areas such as Eldieme, Garlaige, Crawlers Nest, etc.

I do have an appreciation for nearly every "old school" area. Somebody mentioned Fort Ghelsba as being useless but I remember spending time just adventuring there as a young warrior. It was cool coming across random NMs or the warmachines wondering "wait, am I about to be rich if this drops the good item?!" There really was a sense of wonder when I was a fledgling. Due to that, I'll always have a place in my heart for 'trash' zones like Ghelsba, Gusgen Mines, Ordelles Cave, etc.

But if we are talking real trashbombs, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Yorcia Weald. It's got my vote for worst overall zone in the game. What a nightmare.