New Content After Sortie / Master Levels?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » New Content After Sortie / Master Levels?
New Content After Sortie / Master Levels?
First Page 2 3 4
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-11-04 16:48:45  
I was planning on asking SquareEnix this question on the official forums, but turns out you need to be active to do so. Therefore, I'm asking the folks here instead.

What would you like SE to introduce after they are finished with Sortie & Master Levels? And I'm talking about new content, not revamping/rehashing the old. Thanks.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-04 16:54:46  
Something not capped at 6-man content.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-11-04 17:31:12  
KujahFoxfire said: »
Personally, would like to avoid the 18 man content if possible, most servers just dont have the playerbase or the appetite for it

All I have seen in the forums and even in game friends is them hating 6 man content, so i am guessing you're the only one who doesn't have appetite for it?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-04 17:32:22  
They only want to bring their octoboxes and they can't do that with 6 character content.

There is absolutely zero people wishing for 18 human content. It's all people trying to justify their over spending.

(and that's fine, they're just being disingenuous about the reason)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shadowofdeath
By Bahamut.Shadowofdeath 2022-11-04 17:53:25  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Something not capped at 6-man content.

YOOOOOO WHAT IN TARNATIONS? MY STARS ARE GONE?

AIN'T BEEN ON IN OVER A YEAR; AM I TO BELIEVE I AM NO LONGER A JOB MASTER? RATATOUILLE POOEY HONG KONG PHOOEY!!!!!

I see you found your way back to the big bad BAHAMUT server
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-11-04 18:15:46  
I want 6 man content that allows 18 people to enter, because I want it to be easily completable.

I want difficult single player games, but I want my chat room simulator to be mindlessly easy considering it already takes 10x longer to do anything VS a single player game
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2022-11-04 18:24:25  
Whatever it is, I'd like to not stand in line for an hour waiting to do an hour-long event. "Asura problems" blah blah.

Also, I don't want to have to take 18 people into something, but I'd like the chance to bring more than 6 people along to an event to help more players at once since we're all but guaranteed to have a freaking 20 hour timer on an entry KI for it.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2022-11-04 18:28:51  
Asura.Bluespoons said: »
Whatever it is, I'd like to not stand in line for an hour waiting to do an hour-long event. "Asura problems" blah blah.

Also, I don't want to have to take 18 people into something, but I'd like the chance to bring more than 6 people along to an event to help more players at once since we're all but guaranteed to have a freaking 20 hour timer on an entry KI for it.

Maybe they should spend some time incentivizing us to spread out a little instead of having a bunch of nearly/kinda dead servers and one really active one. Or just merge the nearly dead ones together so there's like, more than one realistic option if you want a variety of people to play with.
[+]
By Homsar 2022-11-04 18:38:32  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
I want 6 man content that allows 18 people to enter, because I want it to be easily completable.

This would be ideal, preferably in a way that encourages different setups. Like, say, if you did it with Sortie, anything over 6 people increases Gallimaufry gains while staying with 6 or less increases drop rate for Chests/Gems.

I have no particular love for 18 person content, but at the same time it's the best way to allow people who aren't playing the most desired jobs at the highest level to regularly advance.
By SimonSes 2022-11-04 18:57:51  
Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
Personally, would like to avoid the 18 man content if possible, most servers just dont have the playerbase or the appetite for it

All I have seen in the forums and even in game friends is them hating 6 man content, so i am guessing you're the only one who doesn't have appetite for it?

It's because you play with Inquisition. Our LS has enough people and Lex is great person that want to include everyone into events. They hate 6man, because its a hell to setup 3-4 parties of 6 players and at the same time he don't have problem with setting things up around people RL, because events have set times and whoever shows up is part of the event.

Also just my opinion, but many people think, that 18ppl events are just easier and you can play more casually and be carried by stronger players, while in 6ppl event, every person is rather important and individual mistakes are much more visible.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-04 19:07:15  
SimonSes said: »
Bahamut.Mhysa said: »

It's because you play with Inquisition. Our LS has enough people and Lex is great person that want to include everyone into events. They hate 6man, because its a hell to setup 3-4 parties of 6 players and at the same time he don't have problem with setting things up around people RL, because events have set times and whoever shows up is part of the event.

Also just my opinion, but many people think, that 18ppl events are just easier and you can play more casually and be carried by stronger players, while in 6ppl event, every person is rather important and individual mistakes are much more visible.

All true, but more than anything my experience since the shift from 18 man content to 6man in terms of SE's focus has been more nights with 8 or 9 interested people, and unable to play with everyone.

Its not so much I crave 18 human player content, I just really struggle with all the currently relevant content capped at 6. Some is great- I definitely love a mix. But its just those nights where you have too many for a nice, clean 6 man static not enough for 2 of them- those nights frustrate a lot of people.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-11-04 19:09:01  
where are you planning to find 18 people on leviathan anyways? i couldn't even fill odyssey shouting for 6
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-04 19:09:50  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
where are you planning to find 18 people on leviathan anyways? i couldn't even fill odyssey shouting for 6

I came home^^
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-04 19:13:20  
If you all collectively hadn't spent the last 10 years proving that every time content allows more than 6 you immediately sell it, then maybe they wouldn't limit it to 6 so often.

You want flexibility and to not have to meta game, but you will anyway. It's all *** and lies.

(No one said 6 man isn't sold, but 6 man can sell 2-3 slots. 18 man sells 15 slots. it's scale)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-11-04 19:14:37  
So, basically we want more content like Omen, that people can low-man if they want to, but is better done with a party of 12 on average? Omen was my favourite content in recent years. My group did it every week for about two years, but not nonstop as we sometimes took breaks to do Aeonics.

The great thing about Omen was that it was easier with more players, but more competition for rewards. This meant the more skilled groups figured out how to do them with one party early on, so they didn't have to share lots. Even so, everyone gained something each run with cards, so it's not like anyone went empty handed.

On the other side of things, I hate the extremely long lockout of Dynamis-D. Yet, getting 18 players to clear wave 3 on one of the smallest servers was both a nightmare to set up, and also extremely rewarding. But once we were done, there was little incentive to keep doing that.

I hate content that is restricted to 6 players because my linkshell always had 7-12 players, so that meant rotating or leaving people out entirely. But, I also understand how needing 18 players to beat something on the smaller servers would be near impossible for some.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-04 19:29:52  
Omen only allowed 1 party "early on".
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-11-04 19:37:27  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Omen only allowed 1 party "early on".

It did??? I don't remember that. Glad they changed it. If SE introduced more content like Omen, but made it slightly more random who you battle (I liked the randomness of the mid-boss), then that would be cool. Also, don't make all the end bosses Caturae's. Switch it up some. The more variety the better.
 Valefor.Philemon
サーバ: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2022-11-04 19:43:27  
I've been thinking that there haven't been enough events that feature Naakuals or reskinned versions thereof.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-11-04 19:44:24  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
It did??? I don't remember that. Glad they changed it.

December 2016 is when Omen was released. March 2017 is when they added Ou and alliance entry.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-11-04 19:44:35  
Valefor.Philemon said: »
I've been thinking that there haven't been enough events that feature Naakuals or reskinned versions thereof.

Careful, that sarcasm could be lethal, lol.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-11-04 19:47:15  

Better than yet another Shadowlord.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-04 20:01:20  

They've reused most, if not all of the models for mobs. Naakuals, beastmen Kings, Omega/Ultima got 3 versions, ToAU kings, Sky Gods/Ark Angels. Sinister Reign or other SoA mobs (Sajj'aka/Rosultia ), Vagary bosses, Zeni NMs, Shinryu got a v2.0. The incursion bosses are all Velkk, but someone mentioned to me that Provenance Watcher boss has never had a remake/reskin. I wasn't around during VW era so I never actually fought him before.

I'd like to see an event similar to either Temenos/Apollyon, NNI, or Voidwatch (because those were some of my more favorite events), but the end boss be Provenance. Those were some really nice looking
weapon/gear models for their time.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-11-04 20:03:45  
Bamboozle us by making it so whatever prime weapon you make first, you're now tied to only using that job forever. Got yourself that new black Aegis? congrats, all your other jobs have now dropped to lvl 1 and can't be EXP'd. You are now forever a Paladin.
But the content requires 6 different Prime weapons to enter, no access to any job abilities and has a 75 hour cooldown on KI. Why 75 hours? Because we know the players love 75 era. While we can't bring that back, you'll get 75 hour lockouts instead. Also, the entrance is in Kazham and you can't home point or zone in from Yuhtunga. You ride that airship and get that nostalgia rush you guys crave.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-11-04 20:08:36  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Bamboozle us by making it so whatever prime weapon you make first, you're now tied to only using that job forever. Got yourself that new black Aegis? congrats, all your other jobs have now dropped to lvl 1 and can't be EXP'd. You are now forever a Paladin.
But the content requires 6 different Prime weapons to enter, no access to any job abilities and has a 75 hour cooldown on KI. Why 75 hours? Because we know the players love 75 era. While we can't bring that back, you'll get 75 hour lockouts instead. Also, the entrance is in Kazham and you can't home point or zone in from Yuhtunga. You ride that airship and get that nostalgia rush you guys crave.

I must want to go to hell. Let's do this.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-11-04 21:05:17  
Wouldn't mind a farmable/multi-stage ilevel Bahamut fight. Allow 18 people to enter like in the old days, but make it doable with fewer depending on skill/gear.
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-11-04 21:55:44  
I don't think SE/ffxi has what it takes anymore. They didn't give sufficient hope or fun activities.

(For me):

They failed on Odyssey because its too static specific.

They failed on Sortie for the same and I'm not trying to be the mouse in the maze over and over. I had fun in the first part of sortie, but good lord, reading the second part of sortie thread makes me cringe.

That's going to be in their timeline for like 5 years of content.

They need accessible content instead of super specific hoops to jump through. What the hell were they thinking/tripping on? Its quite clear they are just perpetuating the treadmill instead of caring for their player base by providing thoughtful fun content for this era of ffxi. Lol, run naked at a walk or some ***to some checkpoint...
First Page 2 3 4