フォーラム » FFXI » General » Quality of Life Adjustment Wish List
Quality of Life Adjustment Wish List
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-07 13:22:56  
Eboneezer said: »
Skip Cutscene. If i wanted to watch a movie, i'd buy a movie.
That should honestly be the easiest QOL update to implement. I suppose that cutscenes are a natural time gate and it discourages massive speedy progression in the game that is designed to feel "slow", given that FFXI is an older MMO and is overrun with RMT, like most games.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-07 14:00:29  
All of the irritations like that are indeed hindrances on purpose. Your normie is only ever going to see a cut-scene once so there's no reason to let them skip it.

Multiboxers and new account restarters be damned.
By kishr 2022-10-07 14:15:53  
I'm glad we all wasted our time wishing for things that will never happen.
Like the game in its current state or don't.
Personally I moved on, gameplay system is great, graphics and UI is outdated and needs a massive overhaul.
Even during the free login, I can only be bothered to play the game for 2 hours tops before wondering why I care anymore.

tldr: the wish list in this thread is not going to happen.
By Aldraii 2022-10-07 19:55:58  
kishr said: »
Personally I moved on, gameplay system is great, graphics and UI is outdated and needs a massive overhaul.
Even during the free login, I can only be bothered to play the game for 2 hours tops before wondering why I care anymore.

I don't know why you're commenting here then if you've "Moved on". Are you wishing you hadn't? Is it because SE did something that made you quit and you're longing for the better days when you actually had fun? Are you just trying to justify your leaving by telling everyone else why you left?
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-10-07 20:13:37  
Aldraii said: »

I don't know why you're commenting here then if you've "Moved on". Are you wishing you hadn't? Is it because SE did something that made you quit and you're longing for the better days when you actually had fun? Are you just trying to justify your leaving by telling everyone else why you left?

I've learned that the "OMG I can't believe you still play this game and talk about it, I totally don't" crowd on game forums and Reddit are just salty about something and never got it off their chest, so they haunt forums/Reddit and will only feel good if someone else quits, then they keep haunting hoping to do it again.

So kishr, hit us up man, show us on the doll where SE touched you and get some closure boii.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-07 21:49:29  
FR. It's some legit groundhog day time loop that keeps replaying itself. It's kind of meta:

Absolutely nobody cares that someone has "moved on". Enjoy.

But the players that "move on" don't get a proper sendoff and have a bug in their *** about it, Because nobody seems to care that they're not playing anymore.

So they come back to remind us that the game we're playing is ***and they've "moved on" and how silly we all look still playing a game they've "moved on" from, meanwhile they are enjoying their time NOT playing this ***game.

Ok.

The problem?

You're back here again telling us on the very forum about the game you've moved on from how much fun you're having not playing this game.

???

(Why not just have fun not playing the game and not tell us about it?)

This cycle keeps repeating itself every few years until the person realizes the simple truth: Nobody cares.
[+]
By kishr 2022-10-08 07:10:47  
white knights trying to clown.
ok....
 Bahamut.Suph
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-10-08 07:29:02  
white knights trying to clown.
ok....

karen trying to karen.
about stuff they aren't even paying for anymore... lol
ok...
[+]
By Jetackuu 2022-10-08 08:14:51  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Asura.Woulfwood said: »
Be allowed to max all merit weaponskills.
Normally I wouldn't agree. But since every other category can be raised to capacity, I don't see why weapon skills aren't included.

Be allowed to max job specific merits too...
By Univarsity 2022-10-08 09:53:26  
Would like to be able to see shouts outside of town, maybe make a /proclaim type shout so we can see it in the fields
By RadialArcana 2022-10-08 09:56:05  
They choose to have /yell and even /ae town only, and I think that's probably a good idea.

It's one of those "this is why we can't have nice things" cause people would abuse it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-08 10:02:46  
Univarsity said: »
Would like to be able to see shouts outside of town, maybe make a /proclaim type shout so we can see it in the fields

It's mildly hilarious to see guildwork premium ask for something guildwork is supposed to do.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-08 11:44:21  
Alphabetize the character list when looking at your linkshell.

So I can easily scan to make sure Stepth is on before I start talking ***about him, of course!!!
[+]
By Bazing 2022-10-08 14:03:47  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Alphabetize the character list when looking at your linkshell.

So I can easily scan to make sure Stepth is on before I start talking ***about him, of course!!!
/sea all linkshell
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-10-08 15:48:39  
Eboneezer said: »
Skip Cutscene. If i wanted to watch a movie, i'd buy a movie.
But you literally DID buy the movie. This ***is what final fantasy is known for. I'm not even against you getting your skip cutscene button, but the entire argument you're making is fundamentally flawed at it's core.
Aldraii said: »
At least for FFXIV, they have the option to buy character boosts/scenario skips.

I'd love to see that for FFXI as well.
And this accomplishes what besides you being too gimp to participate in omen and sortie aka the only content gated behind completing an entire expansion? The same goes for divergence. XI is fundamentally different from XIV when it comes to missions locking you out of areas/content.
We've also got actual examples of what would happen with a player that skips past content from gil/account buyers stuck in the asura feedback loop of gilbuying. You just end up with a gilbuyer trying to brute force their way into endgame content actively making things worse for the rest of the players.

But perhaps I'm being pedantic?
Did you mean side content like assaults, dynamis entry, and voidwatch clears that SE makes absurdly easy to do with the misc rhapsodies KI you can get before you're even remotely lv 99 and campaigns they do each month?
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2022-10-08 23:27:26  
I think it would be cool if they did voice acting for all CS in game but that is probably way to much to ask for lol
By RadialArcana 2022-10-09 06:16:01  
Welsh Mithra voice acting.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
サーバ: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-10-09 08:02:39  
Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
I think it would be cool if they did voice acting for all CS in game but that is probably way to much to ask for lol

I vaguely remember that VA was a massive part of the cost of developing SWTOR and the associated sound files were a significant portion of the file size of the game. Having every line voiced definitely made for a memorable experience though.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-10-09 12:13:05  
Remove the 1 game day delay for gear upgrades.

It serve no purpose and makes people waste time standing around waiting for upgrades.

Gearing up a job would require 30 hrs of waiting for Artifact, Relic and Empyrean to 119 +1 on a single NPC.

Thankfully the +2 and +3 upgrades are split among multiple NPCs but still a hassle to wait when gearing up a new job.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-09 12:28:25  
Wasting your time is on purpose, it's paramount
By RadialArcana 2022-10-09 14:47:28  
If they gave water away you would say they are trying to drown you.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-09 15:36:23  
Not necessarily drown, but there would be serious questions about the alterier motive.

Selling you a towel? Old Typhoon relief stockpile they need to cycle out? First free sample of "Tifa's Boob Sweat" "water".

Any company only does something for money, or for good will to earn customers (loyalty etc) to earn money. Or it's costing them money to store it and they need to get rid of it. Or to screw them in the future. Google Nestle and breastfeeding.
[+]
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2022-10-10 11:46:36  
some quality of life changes
- a buy all option for temp items in escha zones
- the ability to use stored rems tales directly from the npc rather then needing to pull them out and trade them back with the appropriate items.
- allow trading of any 10 job cards from omen for the trade instead of only allowing the same type
-a storage slip to store storage slips.
-place a moogle by all bcnm entrances for easier job change and KI repurchase
-for assaults and sinister reign,(and any other content with these turn in style KI) include the dialog to get the next KI in the same text as collecting your reward
-allow a ranged style lock so brd and ninja (and any other job that swaps ranged options frequently) don't blink and interrupt targeting.

I'm sure I can come up with a bunch more, that those are just a few off the top of my head
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2022-10-10 12:30:49  
some quality of life changes
let me enter this world an exit the one I am in!
By Beau 2022-10-10 13:22:20  
When the party leader enters you into a HTBCNM and selects the difficulty, why are those joining given the option to choose difficulty? Remove this.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-10-10 13:30:48  
Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
- allow trading of any 10 job cards from omen for the trade instead of only allowing the same type
The whole trading card premise was already dumb as is (10 of same card), and its only been made worse by flooding everyone's inventories with random junk cards from Orbs.

Your average Omen run should net you 3 cards. Ignoring all secondary goals should still likely net you two (unless you get unlucky and never see kills, JA, WS dmg, WS usages, 2000dmg attack round) since unlocking the light to move up counts as one of the 3 goals for a card (edit: its 5 goals, thought it was 3).

So if you have 8 cards from an undesired job and decide to do an Omen on that job to get the cards to trade in, you're running at a net negative. You're doing an Omen on an undesirable job to be able to trade for one card, when you could have just done Omen on the desirable job and get 2+ cards.

If they want to leave it at 10 cards, which is still a ridiculous number based on the amount you get per run, it should at the very least be 10 of any job, not 10 of the same job for one card.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-10 13:40:29  
There shouldn't be 22 different cards in the first place.

It made sense for the first year, make people use jobs they want fast cards for. Now they should be paragon cards. period. No more exchanging.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-10-10 14:21:02  
Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
Remove the 1 game day delay for gear upgrades.

It serve no purpose and makes people waste time standing around waiting for upgrades.

Gearing up a job would require 30 hrs of waiting for Artifact, Relic and Empyrean to 119 +1 on a single NPC.

Thankfully the +2 and +3 upgrades are split among multiple NPCs but still a hassle to wait when gearing up a new job.

While it doesnt fix the obvious problem of it being an obnoxious time waster for the sake of being an obnoxious time waster that serves no purpose, you can make some creative windower scripts with the help of the tradenpc addon to do all the exchanges overnight.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Wasting your time is on purpose, it's paramount
And what purpose is that though? As you said, every companies goal is to make money. How does locking someone out for 1-60 minutes ensure they're gonna get the 12.95 next month from that person?