Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-09-30 15:46:28  
Free wardrobes.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-09-30 16:36:25  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Mastery rank 9

I can't understand why they don't add a public Mastery Rank, this is a major thing in Warframe and people keep playing purely just to boost it up. They could even add a number next to the master stars showing it, easily.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-30 16:39:56  
They don't care. What's not to understand.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-09-30 21:06:42  
Let us manually sort our temporary items.
By kishr 2022-10-01 12:49:24  
almost nearly all mobs from 11 was remade for 14, just redo the zones and I'd be very happy.
would maybe bring a influx of new players to compensate the development cost.
 Fenrir.Zenion
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-10-01 15:14:07  
Oh, here's a fun one.

If I'm using a radial area weaponskill, one which is centered on me and hits all foes within a certain distance in all directions... why exactly do I need to see one single specific target in order to go through with it?

If we could change those aoe weaponskills to just check for distance from the target and not line of sight, that would be great.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-01 15:30:12  
Fenrir.Zenion said: »
Oh, here's a fun one.

If I'm using a radial area weaponskill, one which is centered on me and hits all foes within a certain distance in all directions... why exactly do I need to see one single specific target in order to go through with it?

If we could change those aoe weaponskills to just check for distance from the target and not line of sight, that would be great.
Let us use any target for any AoE ability, and that target can be the origin for the effect, regardless of if that target can be affected by it or not.
/ma "Subduction" <me>
/ma "Curaga IV" <bt>
/ws "Shockwave" <me>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-10-01 18:03:16  
UI change that shows when additional effects on ws/spells/abilities land, think violent flourish is the only ability in the game that does this.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-01 22:18:23  
I'm almost positive Despoil also shows the additional debuff effect in the log if an item is stolen.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-02 07:06:51  
I know they don't have the capacity to deal with it and have a two language problem beside, but a public bug tracker would be great for at least combining community suggestions.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-10-02 14:29:04  
and they still wouldn't fix any of the hundreds of things reported
By Onimaru 2022-10-02 14:52:41  
Make ranged items/weapons visible when idle and Id be happy. ANyways, like some1 mentioned, they dont care enough to do anything of the things listed in this thread.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-10-02 15:18:13  
Cocoon lasts 3 minutes.
Majesty is a job trait, or 1h stance.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-10-02 16:28:00  
Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
Majesty is a job trait, or 1h stance.
You mean add an equivalent CE value and make it 5 minute duration. You can still use it ever minute for hate and it lasts long enough that it doesn't fall off during smaller fights if you forget about it.

BLU can have any reasonable duration buffs increases and probably some that aren't.
By Draylo 2022-10-04 19:11:35  
They need to let us see the debuffs currently on the mob... that should have came ages ago, we need it!
[+]
By bigboykoalas 2022-10-05 08:27:34  
An NPC that enables you to store storage slips please
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-05 08:33:22  
bigboykoalas said: »

What if we put the storage slips on a storage slip? We gotta go deeper.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-05 08:52:06  
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
bigboykoalas said: »

What if we put the storage slips on a storage slip? We gotta go deeper.

On a slightly related note, I always noticed how annoyingly small the lists of gear menus are when trying to do tasks, like exchanging gear from porter or buying mats from sparks npc or ambuscade purchases. It's like 4-5 lines max, and you have to keep scrolling down then click "Next Page" to view the next page's options. This is particularly annoying when I'm trying to get gear for GEO or DNC; since it's at the very end of the list and I have so much JSE, it takes me several page-overs to get to the screen to retrieve gear. Feels like that could easily be converted to a QOL option.

Either make the menu boxes larger to be the same size as the Auction House menu so you can fit more items on one screen, or just group the menus into categories for easier selection. When you talk to the Goblin in Ru'Lude Gardens for Relic JSE, it is grouped by Job/Armor type. The same with Ruspix. I would be in favor of a categorization change to Porter slips so that when you trade in slips, it lists the set names instead of individual pieces. And just include a preset option at the NPC where the default view is also available, for those who have grown accustomed to scrolling through the menus.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-05 14:50:26  
Also, is there any technical reason why they can't consolidate the delivery menus? Seems archaic that there are separate interfaces for Incoming (Receive) and Outgoing (Send), with quite the lengthy delay in between when you can open them again after closing the menu. Would welcome a combined interface.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-05 15:34:04  
The whole of the AH system is *** jank.

Sell.
Verify a sale.
Go to dbox and reconfirm sale.
Close dbox and wait for it to load again.
Archaic is an excellent descriptor.

Also like all the newer games allow you to just list piles of singles. Like list 70 earth crystals, they sell when they sell. Or buy 70 earth crystals, instead of this 1/12/99 ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-05 15:52:33  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
like all the newer games

I think in general, a simple UI overhaul would solve for at least 60% or so of the complaints or pain points FFXI currently has vs modern games. I get that everything was built around PS2 optimization, but that has since been deprecated and no longer should be a roadblock. I'm not a tech person, so I don't know particularly how much it would cost to make a new UI. Doubt they would do it now, but at least at one point, they did consider it and even had the option in the FFXI settings. Just not sure why they scrapped it and never brought it up again.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kwech
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kwech
By Bahamut.Kwech 2022-10-05 16:01:03  
I just want to be able to scroll to the bottom of my inventory quickly while transferring items between boxes.

Also for reference I did a video on when the rare item in your recycling bin works or doesn’t work.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-05 16:29:58  
Bahamut.Kwech said: »
when the rare item in your recycling bin works or doesn’t work

For the record, it doesn't have anything directly to do with being in a party. The "glitch" fails to work anytime you pool an item that is already in your Recycling Bin, solo or party. if you QM while having a shard in your Recycling Bin, the shard will drop just the same as it would if you were solo. Conversely, if you are solo and your inventory is full, drops default to the pool vs your individual inventory. If you have a rare item in your Recycle Bin at the time the new item is pooled, you can't receive the newer rare item at all.

Talked about this a bit ago, but it's some arbitrary spaghetti code that does a check on the pool of newly dropped mats to your Recycle Bin. It seems they didn't include this check if items autodrop to your main bag.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-10-05 23:40:06  
Striking dummies from FFXIV.
By Aldraii 2022-10-06 13:32:50  
At least for FFXIV, they have the option to buy character boosts/scenario skips.

I'd love to see that for FFXI as well.
 Asura.Woulfwood
By Asura.Woulfwood 2022-10-06 17:53:36  
Be allowed to max all merit weaponskills.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-06 19:31:53  
Asura.Woulfwood said: »
Be allowed to max all merit weaponskills.
Normally I wouldn't agree. But since every other category can be raised to capacity, I don't see why weapon skills aren't included.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2022-10-07 13:11:22  
Skip Cutscene. If i wanted to watch a movie, i'd buy a movie.
[+]