Quality of Life Adjustment Wish List
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-09-20 23:34:58  
Valefor.Esdain said: »
They will keep dragging their feet on it for a while. They can and have milked TVR and Empy+3 for at least 2 years now. (BG wiki's first TVR mission page was created August 2020 so that.) Whatever those dark relics are going to be will be the new timesink (or gil sink for gil buyers and maybe mercs.)
Oh ye of little faith. I'm at least 70% sure they'll make Phoenix summonable by the inevitable heat death of the universe!
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-20 23:40:25  
Daily gobbie dial animation needs to be quicker.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-22 10:55:49  
Oh, and I wish they would lock out any new character creation on Asura so when RMT get banned they can't simply return instantly. I see too much of this sort of thing.

[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
サーバ: Asura
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2022-09-22 11:32:09  
Omen cards requirements for +3 should be lowered a tad. Or card drops increase to campaign level and boosted up for campaign.
[+]
By Flatliner 2022-09-22 11:43:02  
Omen should drop the mats you need to upgrade AF+3. It made a little (very little) more sense when AF+3 was the best gear in the game but its just another set now. Having to farm cards for a week or two only to then need 7+mil is really rough on new players. From my experience its more likely to lead to people just skipping AF+3.

Could have the bosses each drop a piece as an additional drop. Ou drops two.
[+]
By gargurty 2022-09-22 13:29:56  
more alliance content for real ls's. Not this 6 man crap they put out now.
[+]
 Asura.Myasasa
user: Myasasa
By Asura.Myasasa 2022-09-22 16:34:11  
Accession > Haste {Yes please}
[+]
 Bismarck.Celerin
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Celerin
By Bismarck.Celerin 2022-09-22 17:09:30  
Wishful thinking here, but..

A better auto-targeting system that re-organizes the priorities.... or have it to where the player can customize priority list for themselves.

Said this before, but animation lock removed or shortened down.

A re-work of the critical hit WSs. Only reason people use them is for aftermath or skill chain. Abyssea is solo-able content for the most part now so critical hit WSs should be allowed to do what they used to do.

A Mog quiver to allow you to equip ammo from it without taking up spots in your wardrobes or inventory. The wardrobes were good at giving us 2-3 more jobs worth of equipment, but as we have filled them out, still running out of room for other gear.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-09-22 18:17:15  
It's past time to add "100" versions of Plutons, Riftborn Boulders, and Beits. Trade 100 singles to an NPC to get a 100 piece, then let the 100s stack to 99. Same thing for Alexandrite, HP Bayld, and Heavy Metal Plates (HMPs to a lesser extent, but should do it anyway).

The inventory space required to hold onto these upgrade items if you aren't ready to trade is ridiculous. Should fix that to better accommodate people building their stock up from monthly Ambu points, or just buying from Bazaars or AH when prices are good in anticipating of making a weapon.

The inventory demands for the base weapons are also unbalanced: Relics are quite easy to manage since 100 pieces for ancient currency exist. Empys aren't THAT bad since they need only 17 slots for 1500 HMP + 60 riftcinder/dross. But Mythics and Ergons are stupidly inventory intensive if you aren't trading each piece as you go.

And, of course, Plut/Beit/Boulder are silly too. It made sense for these to only have singles stack to 99 back when these were introduced and you only needed 300 to upgrade a REM weapon (and each item was selling for 150k+). But once they added the 10,000 step, it's just an annoyance to hold onto materials.

Also: Automaton Oils and Pet Foods should stack to 99.
[+]
By Cloudius777 2022-09-22 18:50:42  
100% we need to have player collision finally taken away, we shouldnt have to push our way through our own group to attack enemies in alliance content such as dynamis.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-09-22 19:14:56  
No more movement-based spell interruptions.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-22 19:41:04  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
No more movement-based spell interruptions.

it's always been "amusing" that you can full on change clothes all you want but TOUCH THAT KEYPAD and you'll regret life, and get a cast delay penalty!

Especially when you clearly stop moving. cast. and latency disagrees.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-09-22 21:11:47  
1) Eminent bell, flute, animator, and sachet should be for all jobs. There's no risk of subjob versions of GEO, BRD, PUP or SMN seriously competing with their main job counterparts. This would make these subs much more useful.

2) Unused job abilities should be removed or repurposed. Unlimited Shot is still stuck in the 75 era. I get that it shares a timer with Double Shot but why keep something that's totally worthless?

3) Many mage REMAs need an overhaul or at least a spell added to them.

4) New version of older battlefields such as The Wyrmking Descends (Bahamut).

5) Have Daurdabla give a KI to have any instrument give the additional songs.

6) Give /RNG access to Velocity Shot. It was the main subjob for doing ranged WS back in the day. It would be nice to see it more useful again.

7) Add mac and cheese as a new food.

8) Neo-Adamas for PLD
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-09-22 21:27:09  
Cerberus.Dekar said: »
1) Eminent bell, flute, animator, and sachet should be for all jobs. There's no risk of subjob versions of GEO, BRD, PUP or SMN seriously competing with their main job counterparts. This would make these subs much more useful.
I'm not sure that's a "QOL" adjustment, but as a balance change I think that could be really interesting. My favourite updates are job adjustments because I love theorycrafting. It'd be neat if they looked at their data to see which jobs are never used as subjobs and brought them into even the slightest or nichest viability.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2022-09-22 21:52:19  
Cerberus.Dekar said: »

8) Neo-Adamas for PLD

Priwen is already basically that
By IGDC 2022-09-22 22:21:01  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
It's past time to add "100" versions of Plutons, Riftborn Boulders, and Beits. Trade 100 singles to an NPC to get a 100 piece, then let the 100s stack to 99. Same thing for Alexandrite, HP Bayld, and Heavy Metal Plates (HMPs to a lesser extent, but should do it anyway).

The inventory space required to hold onto these upgrade items if you aren't ready to trade is ridiculous. Should fix that to better accommodate people building their stock up from monthly Ambu points, or just buying from Bazaars or AH when prices are good in anticipating of making a weapon.

The inventory demands for the base weapons are also unbalanced: Relics are quite easy to manage since 100 pieces for ancient currency exist. Empys aren't THAT bad since they need only 17 slots for 1500 HMP + 60 riftcinder/dross. But Mythics and Ergons are stupidly inventory intensive if you aren't trading each piece as you go.

And, of course, Plut/Beit/Boulder are silly too. It made sense for these to only have singles stack to 99 back when these were introduced and you only needed 300 to upgrade a REM weapon (and each item was selling for 150k+). But once they added the 10,000 step, it's just an annoyance to hold onto materials.

Also: Automaton Oils and Pet Foods should stack to 99.

I second all of this.

This is a perfect QOL upgrade. Most of these posts are just people begging for new *** (not actually quality of life improvements), but Capuchin nailed it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-09-23 10:58:06  
gargurty said: »
more alliance content for real ls's. Not this 6 man crap they put out now.

What would really be nice is scalable content. Go in with 6 party members? Yeah, sure, you'll get less overall drops so it's not a monty haul, but it'll be doable. Go in with 18? Okay, have tougher bosses, more enemies, but enough rewards to keep it competitive with party-size.

Sortie would actually be an awesome model for that since all the drops are personal pool and shared across the group anyway, so nothing about that would have to change at all to keep things fair. Just tweak the objectives a little and scale up the monsters. Or, hell, just don't, and encourage people to go in and share those limited instances?
[+]
By IGDC 2022-09-23 12:28:33  
Fenrir.Zenion said: »
Or, hell, just don't, and encourage people to go in and share those limited instances?

that would just make 9000 new mercs selling sortie clears and make the congestion even worse than it is.
By Meeble 2022-09-23 13:39:36  
Flatliner said: »
Omen should drop the mats you need to upgrade AF+3. It made a little (very little) more sense when AF+3 was the best gear in the game but its just another set now. Having to farm cards for a week or two only to then need 7+mil is really rough on new players. From my experience its more likely to lead to people just skipping AF+3.

Could have the bosses each drop a piece as an additional drop. Ou drops two.

How does adding money drops to bosses help new players who are probably farming cards solo? That's just a straight handout to mercs or a bonus for established groups.

Omen card campaigns could easily be fulltimed without negatively affecting anyone, though. It's kind of nuts how long it takes to farm the 240 cards needed for each job, outside of campaign.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-09-23 14:15:17  
Meh

Omen cards are fine. Stop being lazy and spend a year in there like all the Og's
[+]
By kishr 2022-09-23 14:26:13  
graphics revamp only.
[+]
 Leviathan.Horadrius
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Horadrius
By Leviathan.Horadrius 2022-09-23 23:41:29  
Regarding all the Omen suggestions, I run solo Omen a *LOT* and I have a ton of extra scales. It would be really nice if we could exchange scales for 5 or so job cards. Kind of life how you could exchange extra Limbus chips for Ancient Beastcoins.
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-09-30 01:39:55  
etched memory on the AH
By RadialArcana 2022-09-30 05:25:42  
I can't see them ever doing this, because I don't think they have much control over the stuff before you login to the actual game but 8 login slots would be good instead of 4.
By kishr 2022-09-30 13:25:48  
animation lock could be f'd off with also to add to the list. (I know tako removes it, but make it vanilla)
gather the whole zone in giddeus, and try pulling out your weapon.(example)
dont like.

why can't we walk through people or mobs without a pause, remove the soft collision.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-09-30 13:30:33  
kishr said: »
why can't we walk through people or mobs without a pause, remove the soft collision.
Or at the very least make it so once you've run through a single person, the pause is disabled until the next cluster of people or something.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-09-30 13:36:42  
Mastery rank 9
[+]
 Asura.Myasasa
user: Myasasa
By Asura.Myasasa 2022-09-30 13:39:48  
remove playonline ... make it to personnage selection after the log in...
[+]
By kishr 2022-09-30 13:41:35  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Mastery rank 9
rather a actual reply to their secret of AV than how the mastery works even though AV is roll face now.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-09-30 15:20:09  
Asura.Myasasa said: »
remove playonline ... make it to personnage selection after the log in...
I caught a Twitch stream the other day where someone was trying to set up FFXI for the first time, having never played it before in their life. For once, someone was running the franchise from 1 through 15 without skipping 11 (as most do). But I felt so bad for him because he spent 3 hours trying to figure out how to install it and how to set up accounts for each Square-Enix, PlayOnline, and Final Fantasy XI.

Though I do give the streamer credit: he was patient enough to see it through, and seems to be enjoying it now.
[+]