サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-08-10 04:49:54  
So far, zones reporting being "stuck" in blackscreen are:

Escha-Zitah
Reisenjima
La'Loff Ampitheater

Not gonna update this post, you can post where you were when you got stuck tho I guess

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 04:59:12  
I'm not even updating or logging in until this is fixed, it is scary haha
By RadialArcana 2022-08-10 05:02:58  
Are you using XIview or the new speed loading addon.

All these zones work fine for me and there are lots of other people in them.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-08-10 05:04:41  
RadialArcana said: »
Are you using XIview or the new speed loading addon.

All these zones work fine for me and there are lots of other people in them.
Thanks radial, trying now w/o them loaded

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-08-10 05:17:39  
It is either caused by a .dat mod or a problem introduced by SE.

Has anyone successfully accessed one of those zones since the update? That would let us narrow it down to an SE problem.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-08-10 05:19:03  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
It is either caused by a .dat mod or a problem introduced by SE.

Has anyone successfully accessed one of those zones since the update? That would let us narrow it down to an SE problem.
I just tried vanilla and same error. Kicks me back to character select screen where I can login to mules that are in Norg.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
サーバ: Asura
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-08-10 05:20:06  
I've gone in reisenjima fine with xiview as it was yesterday, escha-zitah too.

I use nextgames/ashenbubs mods in xipivot and xiview overwrote my normal files, not had an issue yet. Could it be the usual black screen issue that is fixed by thorny's 4gb patch? Don't think so but still. I've had no issues yet in those zones (didn't go to laloff tho)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-08-10 05:23:02  
Would dgVoodoo cause it?
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2022-08-10 05:23:59  
I dont use any dat mods other than XI view, it repaired those files, Mhaura, Port San d'Oria and Lower Jeuno, all 3 different characters.

Plus
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-08-10 05:26:55  
Port Jeuno, Escha Zi'tah, Reis, Laloff Amphitheater from HP #5 all fine for me.
[+]
 Valefor.Anthx
サーバ: Valefor
user: Anth
By Valefor.Anthx 2022-08-10 05:30:57  
Zoned into ru'ann HP#1 and disconnected. Can't get in now, constant black screen.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-08-10 05:31:27  
I have lots of zone mods, lots of other mods, I don't use XIview (i don't think it's this), I don't use gearswap or packetflow.

Zero problem accessing any of these zones at all, there are also people in them.

If I was a mod problem the game would normally just crash to desktop, if it's kicking you back it's something else.

Black screen timing out could be ISP / DNS related, may find some link with ISP
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-08-10 05:35:47  
Update was very quick for me, just seconds, logged in 2 accounts with no problem but now I am scared to leave town.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-08-10 05:38:36  
Gonna zzz for a few. TYVM for the help/input guys, and GL whoever else gets booted.
By RadialArcana 2022-08-10 05:40:06  
If it's a dns prob sometimes a vpn can fix it, or a friend can log you on and move you (cause it's sometimes only certain zones (different zones are on different servers or soemthing) or you can sometimes fix it by logging in on another computer. Last resort can just wait for it to fix itself too (assuming it actually is a dns prob)
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-08-10 05:40:15  
This seems like the same connection dropped issue that's been around forever, maybe something caused it to happen more often.

Typically, logging in from another location or VPN will allow you to use that zone, but your initial IP has some form of session remaining and will not be able to return to that zone even after being moved. It clears itself up after 24 hours, if that is the cause.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2022-08-10 05:42:00  
KujahFoxfire said: »
Is it potentially server based? A few of us reporting issues are on Bahamut and others confirming its OK are on Asura.
I am on Leviathan, the Japanese guy is from Valefor, so who knows?

RadialArcana said: »
I have lots of zone mods, lots of other mods, I don't use XIview (i don't think it's this), I don't use gearswap or packetflow.

Zero problem accessing any of these zones at all, there are also people in them.

If I was a mod problem the game would normally just crash to desktop, if it's kicking you back it's something else.

Black screen timing out could be ISP / DNS related, may find some link with ISP

ISP is ATT Fiber

When they say re-install :(

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-08-10 05:46:36  
Addons:
aecho
AutoRA
boxdestroyer
ConsoleBG
Debuffed
DistancePlus
enternity
equipviewer
findAll
InfoBar
MountRoulette
PetTP
reive
rolltracker
setbgm
Silence
SpeedChecker
Spellcheck
targetinfo
thtracker
timestamp
TParty
TreasurePool
Treasury
Update

Plugins:
AutoExec
Config
DelayMeNot
FFXIDB
FishingCrashFix
JaZero
Tickle
Timers
Weathermon

The dats I use are just map dats swapped out. Some file that was floating around here.

Those are what I use so it's somwhere in there. Stuck in loading window to North Sandy I believe. Also created a brand new character for science and she is stuck in black window as well.

(I don't actually need/use some of those so this is, at least, a nice reminder that I need to turn off some of them if this gets resolved).
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2022-08-10 05:52:10  
So I just did a network reset, restarted my machine and logged right in. You can just search for this or pull up Network settings. Good luck!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-10 06:49:04  
Just wanted to give my 2 cents and experience with this situation. I've been able to login on all my chars since after the maint ended. I went to both Escha zones, Reisen, all of Jueno, Bastok, Windy, Sandy as well. Haven't had any issues and no disconnects/black screens at all. I also saw multiple people in all of those zones, so many people seem to be ok regarding this connection topic.

I'm using tons of DAT mods for the game, a mix of the ones found on here and some I custom worked on myself. Also using Ashita with a lot of addons and plugins so none of that seems to of affected this issue others are having since after the update. It's really strange that some people are having the issue and some are not. I wonder what the root cause of it is?
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-08-10 06:53:01  
Another crisis resolved by the mighty "did you try unplugging it, waiting a moment, and plugging it back in".

In my case, I reset my hotspot and then reset my PC once my hotspot had come back up. Logged in clean vanilla and it was okay. Tried logging in via windower and it was okay.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2022-08-10 06:53:53  
Asura.Shiehna said: »
Just wanted to give my 2 cents and experience with this situation. I've been able to login on all my chars since after the maint ended. I went to both Escha zones, Reisen, all of Jueno, Bastok, Windy, Sandy as well. Haven't had any issues and no disconnects/black screens at all. I also saw multiple people in all of those zones as well.

I'm using tons of DAT mods for the game, a mix of the ones found on here and some I custom worked on myself. Also using Ashita with a lot of addons and plugins so none of that seems to of affected this issue others are having since after the update. It's really strange that some people are having the issue and some are not. I wonder what the root cause of it is?

Shiva.Thorny said: »
This seems like the same connection dropped issue that's been around forever, maybe something caused it to happen more often.

Typically, logging in from another location or VPN will allow you to use that zone, but your initial IP has some form of session remaining and will not be able to return to that zone even after being moved. It clears itself up after 24 hours, if that is the cause.
^
This is what triggered me to think outside the box, honestly probably could have restarted like Kujah but network reset is the route I did and it now works.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-08-10 11:59:06  
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news26764.shtml
Aug. 10, 2022 06:58 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
Recovery: Valefor World Areas Technical Difficulties

We are pleased to announce that the technical difficulties with several areas on the Valefor World have been resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and we thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 10, 2022 2:00 to 3:28 (PDT)

[Details]
- Unable to access the areas below on the Valefor World.

[Cause]
Network issue

[Affected Areas]
Newton Movalpolos
Abyssea - Konschtat
Lufaise Meadows
Monarch Linn
The Garden of Ru'Hmet
Dynamis-Tavnazia
Aydeewa Subterrane
La Vaule [S]
West Ronfaure
North Gustaberg
South Gustaberg
Cape Teriggan
East Sarutabaruta
Ru'Aun Gardens
Fort Ghelsba
Qulun Dome
Castle Oztroja
Castle Zvahl Keep [S]
Sacrificial Chamber
Throne Room
Ranguemont Pass
Ve'Lugannon Palace
Dynamis-Windurst
Dangruf Wadi
Outer Horutoto Ruins
Ifrit's Cauldron
Qu'Bia Arena
Cloister of Tremors
Abyssea - Attohwa
Ship to Selbina
Airship from Windurst to Jeuno
Northern San d’Oria
Windurst Waters
Lower Jeuno

I got stuck in North Sandy. Bahamut and Leviathan got it to. I am on Valefor though so that's the news URL I'm posting.
First Page 2