Checking For Best In Slot (or Comparable)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Checking for best in slot (or comparable)
Checking for best in slot (or comparable)
 Quetzalcoatl.Aarahs
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Aarahs
By Quetzalcoatl.Aarahs 2022-08-09 01:00:53  
Aside from manually checking each job's guide to see if a gearset uses a specific piece of equipment, is there a site or something that would let me know if a piece of gear is considered best in slot or nearly so?

I have a lot of equipment sitting around and it's hard to toss stuff because it might be used on a different job. If something like the above exists, it would help me free up a lot of space.
 Asura.Phinneus
サーバ: Asura
user: ayer
By Asura.Phinneus 2022-08-09 01:11:56  
Unfortunately there is no "BiS verifier" that can help you with that. You'll need to go through each individual job guide and forum and hope that people have posted up the most relevant and up-to-date gear sets, then cross reference them with yours.
By Draylo 2022-08-09 01:44:07  
There was a site that did that a while back, you could see the BiS gear for different sets according to job and what parameter you set. Like putting Aquaveil for a PLD would list all the BiS items and alternatives. Can't remember the name, something like Claseqeous equipment? It was pretty neat, like a better "Power Search" that we have here.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-09 03:45:03  
That hyperlink is working for me.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-09 03:57:56  
is this a real post?

I mean, if you know what you're building a set for (TP phase, a specific WS, precast, whatever), you should know what stats you need and how much. Then its just a matter of side-by-side comparison between the piece you currently use, and the other options available to you. Why does that require some app to know if 5 is less or more than 7?

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-09 04:11:11  
in a game where the combat aspect is so dated and simple, where's the fun in XI if not in the journey to build sets, find esoteric pieces over time, and discover your own answers?

When I see people asking for essentially a shopping list, it just never sits well...because what happens when that BiS that was so desired no longer is BiS? If one knows why that former piece was BiS, discovering the replacement is quite simple. If all they wanted was "dat leet deeps"...those people just come back every 3rd update or so asking the same damn questions.
By Starbucks 2022-08-09 04:37:15  
Usually the easiest way is to download an updated gearswap lua and just copy someone else
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-09 05:57:22  
The shopping list approach is for people who don't like to do gear, but do like to play with friends. I love doing gear, but half the people I play with don't or just simply don't have the time.

OP is looking to clean up inventory, which is also desirable and sometimes very time consuming.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-08-09 06:53:58  
Asura.Jyubeii said: »
draylo's site is http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org/ and is useful tool, but only if you already have an idea what you want to compare.

eh i guess ah.com filters won't even allow hyperlink if it has a bad word in it, that's a s s.

I was so sure that was going to be a rickroll or something.
 Bahamut.Braams
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Khronos
By Bahamut.Braams 2022-08-09 07:17:36  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
The shopping list approach is for people who don't like to do gear, but do like to play with friends. I love doing gear, but half the people I play with don't or just simply don't have the time.

OP is looking to clean up inventory, which is also desirable and sometimes very time consuming.
This is what slips and same-account mules are for though.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-08-09 08:13:38  
Slips and mules yes, but once again that misses the point of the OP, he's looking to find out what gear he can put on a slip or a mule and what gear he needs to keep to use on his jobs.

I agree with the rest of the replies though, there is no easy answer other than looking up guides. TBH, I wouldn't be worried about "This piece might be used in my DNC step accuracy set" if you aren't planning to play all 22 jobs. Figure out which job(s) you want to play and then check the relevant guide(s) to see if the piece in question is used.

Another good approach is one my friend introduced me to which I like, the 1 hour rule. Will this item take me more than 1 hour to get again solo if I toss it? If so, then toss that baby. Anything which isn't immediately necessary goes in storage or on a mule. BAM your inventory is cleared.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-08-09 09:33:49  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Will this item take me more than 1 hour to get again solo if I toss it? If so, then toss that baby. Anything which isn't immediately necessary goes in storage or on a mule. BAM your inventory is cleared.

Personally, I'd only toss that if the answer to the question is No... :D
By Nariont 2022-08-09 11:44:01  
As said, you're really better off checking guides, if you want to trim the fat in a general sense, you can reduce armor to jse, abj, ody, and ambu. Theres some outliers like augmented alluvion but typically thatll cover 90% of the armor slots, accessories are a wild card in that even at 75 theres some stand out ones still used though vast majority have been replaced
[+]