Geomancer And Mastery Level

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Geomancer and Mastery Level
Geomancer and Mastery Level
By Nariont 2022-08-05 17:16:39  
Difference i think is buffs vs debuffs, a debuffs potency does so much more and applies to everyone while a buff while potent wont be as big abd its only (initially) limited to a party, add in just how big that bonus vs say a dunna ontop of what you stated with pet DT, makes idris one of the bigger increases compared to say brd or cors bumps

Not to mention the buff aspect of bubbles which also get a significant increase, but debuffs are/were the main draw from bubbles
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-05 18:12:07  
solid point. though being limited to "party only" is slowly getting minimalized by SE as ally content goes the way of the Dodo^^
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-05 18:17:05  
Nariont said: »
Difference i think is buffs vs debuffs, a debuffs potency does so much more and applies to everyone while a buff while potent wont be as big abd its only (initially) limited to a party, add in just how big that bonus vs say a dunna ontop of what you stated with pet DT, makes idris one of the bigger increases compared to say brd or cors bumps

Not to mention the buff aspect of bubbles which also get a significant increase, but debuffs are/were the main draw from bubbles
For alliance content which isn't the way they are going with the game maybe for debuffs but again what debuffs dont help the party thats kinda the point. One could argue having a bard and cor who can buff and put out stupid amount of damage because of a stupid sword is way worse than debuffs from geo. The main draw for geo is both debuffs and buff bubbles but if its gonna get nerfed to the ground people may as well save time and skip idris and get a neck be done.
By Nariont 2022-08-05 18:34:25  
Its clearly both but lets use frailty, you could shove all kinds of atk buffs, or you could cut a mobs def by more than half and substantially lower the amount of atk you need, and geo does both + a 3rd gimpy bubble if timers allow. How that measures vs dd potential a brd/cor provides depends on content as a geo could also pick up and start swinging too, lesser effect but still a contribution.

But yes long as bubbles are upwards of half potency its a bit moot
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-05 18:37:35  
I swear, SE does better when it *** a job on release and then has to slowly fix it, versus releasing a well-created job and then realizing "***, this isn't gonna scale with time AT ALL". They just aren't good at reeling things in without completely nuking them all to hell.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-08-05 18:42:28  
Its teally just down to the effects of +geomancy, way i see it geo would be "fine" if dunna was as far as it went, bog/bolster is still strong but its supposed to be at a cost)less hp/sp ability) idris just threw that into overdrive ontop of the other perks in my mind
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-05 19:30:37  
Turning Dunna/Neck/Idris into a Geomancy + 3/4/5 respectively and then give the missing +5 back to base geomancy through a higher skill cap isn't such a bad idea.
Makes Geo/Hand skill still worth something, makes Entrust more useful, closes the gap between the geomancy empowering items.

I dunno, despite me being an early Idris adopter I think it would be a nice change for GEO as a job.
That, a CD to make the Luopan follow you and a streamlined version of the debuff nerfs.

All of these things mentioned so far would be welcomed with open arms and would do good for the job but I'm afraid it wouldn't be enough to make GEO highly sought after again.
But it would be a start, I guess.
By Vaerix 2022-08-05 19:51:01  
What geo needs is to not be nerfed into oblivion on all relevant content. The problem with that is they'd be scaling all content which would make geo necessary for all content (which is what most of the player base does even with the nerfs).

Even without idris, geo is probably the most influencial job as far as buffs/debuffs simultaneously because it can enhance and debuff specifically to maximize output (acumen+malaise, fury+frailty, increasing attack and lowering defense constantly for the entire party is something entirely unique to geo, war can armor/full break and tomahawk on top of warcry, but not constant, rdm can debuff armor but not enhance attack, brd and cor can enhance attack but not reduce armor)

So the problem is you have targeted debuffs that accentuate your buffs at will. Which is probably the worst thing for SE to accurately scale enemies against.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-08-05 20:52:45  
Was already stated but there just needs or frankly needed to be a debuff cap, its ridiculous that even without geo you can neter a mobs atk/def. Theres eva/meva and such but those perhaps wisely are static drops, though still potent
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-05 21:07:30  
Bs flavor text that is irrelevant:
GEO/SAM was my favorite job combo in FFT. Basically a ranged nuker that could do some party support. Reaction command was blade grasp so you didn't die if things got on you and you weren't actually interested in melee attacking even if you min maxed 2 rune blades for more magic attack. Instead you moved away and kept blasting them while they had to chase you down. If you wanted an Aegis you traded 1 MA for 50 evasion to magic attacks. And if that wasn't your speed you could always get out an axe and swing away.

Then you have Mog from ffvi that generally slings death moves and murder 24/7. Such crazy energy.

Even the story geo that parried a greatsword in the adoulin arena in anime angle CSs is pretty cool.

But what do we get? An uninspired turd. It just makes you sad.

Less Bs:
They really messed up by giving Gambit and Rayke to RUN instead of GEO. RUN could have easily gotten a JA that blunted m.acc or mab of the runes they harbor as a mini sp2 instead. Could have made Lunge have a substantial enmity increase if bursted.

GEO bringing their own unique magic support for nuking would have made it so they didn't need so much outrageous support in other categories to the point that they need to be nerfed in new content.

---

If they aren't going to address elemental magic in general and keep nerfing offensive geomancy effects based on content then the least they could do is let them hit things better. Give them at least as much Fencer as BRD, give them default shield skill/shield mastery, and put them on the Sacro Bulwark. That way they have a solid blocking option, Genmei for more damage focus, and Ammurapi for nuking.

They could rework the majority of the class and it wouldn't bother me so long as Idris remained very strong to avoid throwing people's effort on the ground.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [518 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-01-05 08:58:11  
how is it calculated Hand bell + geomancy = 900 or ? Geomancy alone 900?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-01-05 09:01:30  
It's done just like songs, Geomancy + Hand Bell with the cap generally being 900. Yes this means +skill is pretty worthless since your going to hit the cap naturally.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2024-01-05 09:21:05  
Ah ok will be easy to capp
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2024-01-05 10:35:59  
Also worth repeating make sure Dunna is in midcas, if you don’t have a handbell equipped in it counts the skill as 0
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-01-06 07:01:31  
I assume its ok to nuke in whatever order for the nuke wall or i always should be the third person to mb for sortie!?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-06 09:35:43  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »
I assume its ok to nuke in whatever order for the nuke wall or i always should be the third person to mb for sortie!?

You (probably) always want to be third or later. Keep in mind BLM nukes especially take longer to cast than any of yours, so you'll need to start nuking a second or two after they start (depending what they're casting).

Damage is roughly around:
1st nuke: 100% damage
2nd nuke: 80% damage
3rd+ nuke: 50% damage
VIP
By Lili 2024-01-06 11:06:30  
There's a case to be said that if the BLM is stronk enough (or if the debuffs are strong enough) to overcap damage so that they can still land 99k even by going 2nd, there's more damage potential by having GEO or RDM nuke first. Really depends on the setup and the specific group tho.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-01-07 02:02:04  
its possible to fill 2 nukes as a 3rd nuker ? or have to wait for a sch second sc?