2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » July 2022 Version Update
July 2022 Version Update
By RadialArcana 2022-07-11 04:29:32  
Sylph.Ketsui said: »
Sylph.Ketsui said: »
SE be like: "Hey, lets make new mobs in a far away zone that no one will fight, ever."
Heh, I didnt think about bots. Yeah, this camp is perfect for bots.

not really, cause they have to get buyers there.
[+]
 Asura.Kendlar
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: dropy
By Asura.Kendlar 2022-07-11 05:14:31  
Nexus Cape should work fine.
[+]
 Asura.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2022-07-11 06:18:38  
RadialArcana said: »
Also it's been a long time but I'm pretty sure you can go to the camp and cast sleepga2 on every collibri mob and logout, then the bots will pull them and wipe over and over again when they sleepga their entire group on every pull.
I changed my mind. SE knows exactly what they're doing.
[+]
 Sylph.Ketsui
サーバ: Sylph
user: Lutia
By Sylph.Ketsui 2022-07-11 06:48:18  
Asura.Raelia said: »
RadialArcana said: »
Also it's been a long time but I'm pretty sure you can go to the camp and cast sleepga2 on every collibri mob and logout, then the bots will pull them and wipe over and over again when they sleepga their entire group on every pull.
I changed my mind. SE knows exactly what they're doing.
Yup, you MPK the bots? Well here's your ban.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-07-11 06:57:20  
Hey guys, a new bed. Well worth the £12.99+!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-07-11 07:12:16  
The colibri were clearly a big brain play to get botters to flock to them and leave the other camps for all the legitimate family friendly player characters
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-07-11 07:13:34  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
The colibri were clearly a big brain play to get botters to flock to them and leave the other camps for all the legitimate family friendly player characters
Family friendly players LMAO imagine
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-11 07:14:04  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Bots don't move camps, they just make more bots. (and more people start botting)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-07-11 07:35:21  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Quote:
The issue wherein equipping the Sheltered Ring and Brachyura Earring at the same time would cause the “Protect effects received” effect to not activate.

Weird to fix it now after being broken for so long, but good to see it fixed.

Only get the effect of one still, but they no longer negate each other.
Went ahead and updated the BGwiki pages for each item.

Rather than remove the note on the issue, I put in a sub note that it's been patched. I'd rather see that this was a thing and was fixed than find nothing about it on the page if I'd heard about it later then looked it up to confirm.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-07-11 07:42:41  
XP Bots are run by the same forces everything else is.

Supply and demand, if you have 100 bots and can't get any more buyers nobody is going to make more bots. Who is going to spend money to make no money.

If some Chinese sweatshop does try to force more bots beyond demand, then prices will have to fall to chase the same buyers and you'll get bidding wars with constantly lowering prices.

No business is going to do this long-term unless it's to force western RMT out, ultimately it's not worth the hassle when they can just..you know, run bots on XIV, Lost ARk and WoW at the same time as running a few XP bots on XI.

Dedicated RMT don't just bot one game, they bot every game.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-07-11 08:38:11  
Would be hilarious if SE used this as a honeypot for botters. Whoever gets ML50 on Colibri and played longer than humanly possible in one session just gets straight-up banned.

Not like SE would lose out on the subs anyway. Addicts will always come back.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-07-11 10:24:49  
Quote:

Colibri "forget" any spells they learn whenever they go unclaimed and reach 100% health, just like how treasure hunter resets, so this is not possible.
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-07-11 10:44:30  
can they learn cruel joke
[+]
By Aerix 2022-07-11 10:49:05  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:

Colibri "forget" any spells they learn whenever they go unclaimed and reach 100% health, just like how treasure hunter resets, so this is not possible.

Saboteur Diaga, then Sleepga II? Could just warp or let them kill you and it should keep them from getting to 100% for quite a while.

Obviously I don't recommend doing this since botters could just report you for griefing.

Edit: Nevermind, they'd just unlearn the Sleepga II right after mimicking it. Not sure if there's any other way, then. Perhaps a concerted effort with Diaga, Diabolos's Nightmare followed by Sleepga II?
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-07-11 10:55:34  
Just Sleepga everything and go away and Super jump and stay away. Whoever will pull them, will pull hate off you too and get sleepga to the face.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-07-11 11:01:02  
Asura.Aquatiq said: »
can they learn cruel joke
Unfortunately they dont mimic blue magic
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-07-11 15:13:10  
So...has anyone tested if they forgot to add the "Immune to Doom" tag to these as well?
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-11 15:42:05  
Locus mobs have an EP multiplier of 6, meaning they give 20% more EP than equal level Apex mobs. They also have about 15-20% more HP (parsed ~215k HP for a 133 Locus Colibri, ~183k for a 133 Apex Jagil).

Locus Colibris are 133-135, while Locus Wivres are 135-137.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2022-07-11 15:46:07  
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
have we actually confirmed they are cleave resistant? what if SE forgot to actually turn on the changes from apex to locus lol

[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-11 15:48:27  
Speaking of cleaving, while testing Locus Colibri, KoH cast Firaga IV and hit 2 Colibris, which then proceeded to cast back. It didn't hurt me very much, but it almost wiped out my trusts. It didn't really inconvenience me, but I thought it was funny after I realized why my trusts were dying.
[+]
By smii 2022-07-11 16:55:38  
How was the SC damage?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kacil
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kacil
By Bahamut.Kacil 2022-07-11 17:48:48  
I killed a few of them this morning on my THF with Tauret/Gleti and they were really squishy since they're weak to piercing. They didn't seem to resist Darkness SC damage at all. TA Rudras > Evisc > SA Rudras and dead.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-11 20:56:35  
You just have to figure out what the Wivre's do that will grief the bots. That's the reason for the iron giants in the bat room in ra'kaznar. You kill them as part of your chain and they respawn on top of 6 stacked botters with suprising accuracy.

You can't be reported for killing higher level mobs, especially because killing them near the end of a chain is a viable strategy to increase xp/h. Also it's hilarious.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-07-11 21:02:08  
Aerix said: »
Saboteur Diaga, then Sleepga II? Could just warp or let them kill you
SimonSes said: »
Just Sleepga everything and go away and Super jump and stay away
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
You just have to figure out what the Wivre's do that will grief the bots.

[+]
By Afania 2022-07-12 07:14:11  
Bahamut.Kacil said: »
I killed a few of them this morning on my THF with Tauret/Gleti and they were really squishy since they're weak to piercing. They didn't seem to resist Darkness SC damage at all. TA Rudras > Evisc > SA Rudras and dead.

Same for COR: leaden 4 step kills both wivre and colibri with 4 ws easily. This is my new favorite solo/non cleave camp now. I think a pt of Multi-step SC DD go solo each mob for high chain can do very well here.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-07-12 07:44:17  
Afania said: »
Bahamut.Kacil said: »

Same for COR: leaden 4 step kills both wivre and colibri with 4 ws easily. This is my new favorite solo/non cleave camp now. I think a pt of Multi-step SC DD go solo each mob for high chain can do very well here.

Ther eis not enough Colibri for such party. Im here now and there is not even one pt like that (killing that fast) and its barely enough colibri for everyone, because there is like 6+ solo or small groups each pulling one.

EDIT: Pt like that just came, my EP per hour dropped by half, because there is not enough Colibri now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-07-12 12:27:38  
Do these give CP also? Or just exemplar?
[+]